OLYMPICS

BIGDAN

Sorry mate you misunderstood me, he has to gargle the samples. LOL

I'm sorry that I misunderstood you mate! If Pagey takes all of the drug samples and steroids, none of the athletes will get busted or disqualified. Not only that, no world records will be broken and the athletes will get more tired than usual. At least three athletes have to get busted. Just think, they can't even take a sudafed. ROCK ON!

Do they have events for farting? If they did, wouldn't inhaling farts be grounds for immediate disqualification? ROCK ON!

Only if the farter followed through, as the recipicant would be disqualified for getting shitfaced.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Only if the farter followed through, as the recipicant would be disqualified for getting shitfaced.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Ha Ha Ha Ha! That's a good one! And when the FARTEE inhaled the fart, his hair would stick up and turn white like the boxing promoter Don King. I guess that it would be grounds for disqualification since it would be obvious that he took steroids. ROCK ON!

Ha Ha Ha Ha! That's a good one! And when the FARTEE inhaled the fart, his hair would stick up and turn white like the boxing promoter Don King. I guess that it would be grounds for disqualification since it would be obvious that he took steroids. ROCK ON!

Have we nothing else to do at 1-55 am on a Wednesday morning that this, I'm off to bed.

Goodnight Peeps. :'(

Boycott them?

Hell no!

I'll be watching the swimming just to see Australia battle the USA in the pool.

I guess the USA should be favourites to win considering a population of 300 million vs. 20 million.

Never underestimate small numbers, remember the 300 Spartans.

Good luck to Phelps (he might have a chance now that Thorpedo has retired! :rolleyes: ),

on going for the record for medals won by an individual.

However, it's the unknowns to watch out for.

Hackett is the 1500m King.

Bring them on and good luck to all the athletes competing, after all it's all about them and not politics.

Boycott them?

Hell no!

I guess the USA should be favourites to win considering a population of 300 million vs. 20 million.

Good luck to Phelps (he might have a chance now that Thorpedo has retired! :rolleyes: ),

However, it's the unknowns to watch out for.Hackett is the 1500m King.

Bring them on and good luck to all the athletes competing, after all it's all about them and not politics.

Dead right, Reggie! :)

Boycott them?

Hell no!

However, it's the unknowns to watch out for.

Hackett is the 1500m King.

That's what we'll primarily be watching too; the swimming. I would love to see Dara Torres, the 41 year old swimming the 50 free, win; the girls are rooting for Elizabeth Beisel, the 15 year old, and we're all rooting for Phelps; as well as the entire team, of course.

Good luck to your team, Reggie. I would love to see the US do well, but I also just love a really good race and seeing world records broken. :)

I think you'll miss alot. But each to his own. :D

Knebby, you know something we don't, so cough up the info or is it top secret.?

Is Robert or Jimmy giving out the medals or is this where Led Zeppelin kick off the world tour, yes I have it. They play at the opening or closing ceremonies then kick off in Tokyo or somewhere close. Am I getting too close for comfort.?

Regards, Danny

im really looking forward to the games. cant wait.

Me too! I'm looking forward to it. :D

I'm bitterly disappointed though that Channel 7 is not having Roy and HG at Beijing, they were always the highlight of the Olympic telecast.

Me too! I'm looking forward to it. :D

I'm bitterly disappointed though that Channel 7 is not having Roy and HG at Beijing, they were always the highlight of the Olympic telecast.

oh! i didnt realise that. wonder why? i love roy and hg. " hello boys".

Hi all,

Now that's making a statement, considering they only happen every 4 years :lol:

:hysterical:

Well said women!But the IOC,has changed it at times to every 2 years,....

I'll watch only a few events.Folks,you don't get to see many of these things on TV.

Reese Hoffa

oh! i didnt realise that. wonder why? i love roy and hg. " hello boys".

apparently it's to do with the fact that Beijing is 2 hours behind Sydney, and if they put Roy and HG on at 10pm, it would 'interfere' with a lot of the sports being televised live, and they don't want to put Roy and HG on at 2am Sydney time, so they didn't hire them this year. But there is supposed to be a light and frothy morning show called 'Yum Cha' hosted by Andrew Daddo, which I'm sure will be a load of crap.

Probably a good thing in some ways! :rolleyes:

from today's Variety

Secrecy shrouds Summer Olympics

NBC to air 3,600 hours of coverage

By BRIAN LOWRY, CLIFFORD COONAN

The year's biggest spectacle is scheduled to open beneath a veil of secrecy, shroud of controversy and tight blanket of security on Friday as the Summer Olympics kick off in Beijing.

With protests anticipated and the Chinese government viewing the 17-day showcase as no less than a global coming-out party, NBC -- carrying its 11th Olympics -- will face a delicate balancing act. The network must cover the event both from a sports and news perspective while seeking to avoid charges of soft-peddling potential bad news given that the Games represent such a major, companywide initiative.

NBC has said it will air a staggering 3,600 hours of coverage spread across eight networks, exceeding the programming volume devoted to all previous Summer Olympics combined.

China's desire that the Games proceed without a hitch is likely to be tested by protesters eager to confront the Beijing government regarding such matters as Tibet, Darfur and its policies pertaining to other human-rights issues.

Organizers, meanwhile, announced Wednesday that singers Sarah Brightman and Liu Huan will duet on the Olympic Games' main theme song as part of the Opening Ceremonies. Beyond that, they have endeavored to keep details regarding Friday's gala under wraps as much as possible. Although some information leaked last week on Korean TV, even the song that the pair will sing isn't being disclosed.

Liu, 45, played at Carnegie Hall in 1994 and topped China's charts for 10 weeks with his single "Asking Myself a Thousand Times for That," which he did for the ratings-topping TV skein "Beijing People in New York."

The ceremony is also expected to include Jackie Chan, the Hong Kong-born multihyphenate, and a performance by China's 26-year-old classical pianist phenom Lang Lang.

Produced by Chinese director Zhang Yimou, the opening ceremony will "focus on the long history and beautiful culture of the Chinese people, and the new development after reform in China," Zhang Heping, a director of the Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games' working group, told a news conference in Beijing. "We are ready, and we are excited. We are going to give the audience some great performances."

The glimpses that aired on South Korean TV showed stunning video of floating whales, kung fu fighters and trapeze gymnasts. In one segment, thousands of white cubes were moved by people to form waves suggesting the explosive growth of high-rise cities in China.

The six-hour performance starts at 5:45 p.m. Beijing time, with the formal ceremony beginning at 7 p.m. The actual opening of the Games will take place at 8 p.m. to capitalize on the maximum number of "eights," a number that's considered very auspicious in China. Hence the opening at 8 p.m. on the eighth day of the eighth month of the eighth year of the new millennium.

The secrecy surrounding the Opening Ceremony has been so intense that design and production teams and the thousands of cast members have been required to sign confidentiality agreements. Breaches are said to be punishable by up to seven years in prison.

Because of the time difference, many primetime events will be televised on a delayed basis in the U.S. China is 12 hours ahead of the East Coast and 15 ahead of the West Coast. NBC plans to air the opening at 7:30 p.m. on Friday.

In addition to NBC's primetime coverage, the Olympics will be airing somewhere every hour of the day -- including a midnight to 4:30 a.m. block on business-news net CNBC, a 2-6 a.m. window on Spanish-language broadcaster Telemundo and an early-evening block on NBC's recently acquired Oxygen net, which programs to women.

As usual, NBC is hoping enormous audience traffic for the Games will provide a promotional springboard for the network as it heads into the fall, though the vast amounts of coverage on the cable nets indicate that the conglom's efforts go far beyond the flagship broadcaster.

The Opening Ceremony and the Games are both sold out, but some tickets are being sold on the black market for 10 times their face value.

Nearly 100,000 people will attend the ceremony in the Bird's Nest Olympic stadium. Teams from the 205 countries will enter the stadium according to their "bihua," which means according to their names in Chinese characters, not in Western alphabetical order.

Why did the IOC ever agree to this (not to mention other persons, ugh)?! And apparently they've banned a US speedskater for being the co-founder of Team Darfur. Shady bastards!

No reason NOT to boycott (most of) it, then, really.

That's why I wrote more than just that last paragraph. ;)

I just wish the anti-gun jackass broadcasters would show more of the shooting competitions.

<_<

That's my sport actually. :lol: Or rather, it was a year ago before I decided I didn't want to put that degree of time and effort into it. Air rifle. Matt Emmons is my man! :thumbsup:

I've been told shooting is to China what swimming is to the US. So, pretty big deal. We have two air rifle ranges that are certified for running huge, like, international matches, whereas China has upwards of 100. Kind of a shame.

And the only problem with shooting is that it's not very exciting to watch...unless you're an actual competitor. I believe they gave me 120 minutes to shoot 60 shots standing at the olympic training center...soooo yeah. Shooting is a very individual thing.

While a load of you seem happy to jump on your high horse and still make no difference at all to China's business, I just watched the opening ceremony, and I'll say this... it was a beautiful ceremony. Truly magnificenr job, quite incredible really. Shits on most the crap that has come before.

What the HELL is the London gonna do for the ceremony... I bet ours will be horrible. Probably break dancing and rapping along side with some gimps forced to walk around in Tudor dress. I actually hope they do all the crazy posh royal stuff..

While a load of you seem happy to jump on your high horse and still make no difference at all to China's business, I just watched the opening ceremony, and I'll say this... it was a beautiful ceremony. Truly magnificenr job, quite incredible really. Shits on most the crap that has come before.

What the HELL is the London gonna do for the ceremony... I bet ours will be horrible. Probably break dancing and rapping along side with some gimps forced to walk around in Tudor dress. I actually hope they do all the crazy posh royal stuff..

I was thinking the same thing. You just know it'll either be terribly cliched or incredibly shit.

I did think GB looked smart doing their little walk through the stadium - though none of the atheletes have made an impression on me. I have no idea who any of them are. I'm either out the loop or they didn't do much coverage for them beforehand :unsure:

I was thinking the same thing. You just know it'll either be terribly cliched or incredibly shit.

I did think GB looked smart doing their little walk through the stadium - though none of the atheletes have made an impression on me. I have no idea who any of them are. I'm either out the loop or they didn't do much coverage for them beforehand :unsure:

Lack of coverage - deffo.

Archived