OLYMPICS

BIGDAN

I think I liked the other USA guys' reactions as much as the amazing finish! They went crazy, and it was so awesome.

Did you hear Phelps afterwards, saying how the "frenchies" were talking trash :lol:

I love watching the kids watch the Olympic swimming :) Saturday we were at the pool and several of the swim team kids were there, huddled around one of those tiny b&w tv's watching swimming and going nuts! :) And my son went ape watching the relay; he is usually the anchor on his free relay team :)

I think I liked the other USA guys' reactions as much as the amazing finish! They went crazy, and it was so awesome.

Did you hear Phelps afterwards, saying how the "frenchies" were talking trash :lol:

I've watched it about 6 times on nbcolympics.com and it's just an amazing race. I don't know if they know about the record Phelps is chasing or not, but a part me thought they were trying to will that medal to him to keep his hopes alive.

I've watched it about 6 times on nbcolympics.com and it's just an amazing race. I don't know if they know about the record Phelps is chasing or not, but a part me thought they were trying to will that medal to him to keep his hopes alive.

I just saw a little feature on Phelp's daily life. He sleeps (with his bulldog who snores), eats, and swims. He eats and eats but can't gain weight. For breakfast he has 3 egg sandwiches, 4 pieces of french toast, bacon and sausage, and 3 chocolate pancakes for dessert!!!! He can't cook, so he eats out all the time, and they went around to the restaurants he goes to. The people in the restaurants were telling the reporter what he eats, and it's unbelievable how much.

Michael Phelps wins the gold in the 200m free and breaks Ian Thorpe's WR in the process. That's 3 now. He has 9 career golds and 11 career olympic medals, which ties him with Matt Biondi and Mark Spitz for all-time medals by an American. What a great race. I just love watching him swim.

I just saw a little feature on Phelp's daily life. He sleeps (with his bulldog who snores), eats, and swims. He eats and eats but can't gain weight. For breakfast he has 3 egg sandwiches, 4 pieces of french toast, bacon and sausage, and 3 chocolate pancakes for dessert!!!! He can't cook, so he eats out all the time, and they went around to the restaurants he goes to. The people in the restaurants were telling the reporter what he eats, and it's unbelievable how much.

I saw it too. Can you imagine eating all that for breakfast? Makes me sick just thinking about it. Cute dog he has. Though I love Pugs.

He has a high metabolism to burn off all that energy that he consumes.

Michael Phelps is a freak!

I hope he achieves his goal of eight medals, I can't see anyone stopping him.

Except maybe Eamon Sullivan.

Stephanie Rice, Liesel Jones and Libby Trickett are kicking arse, big time!

Damn. We lost to Korea in baseball. Damn. And then I just saw those two chinese swimmers come in one, two. I have to check the new metal count. I remember when the Soviet Union existed, it was always them and the US and Germany that usually led in metals. Now that Russia is divided they obviously haven't done quite as well, but still are a force.

I love the Olympics, have been watching it as much as possible. Bit hard while I\'m in year 12 though.

Go, Aussie, go!

The diving is my favourite event, shame the mens has finished. I think I fell in love with Scott Robertson :wub:

Stephanie is the best rice! She and the other girls are so good, the only ones to win gold for us so far. B)

Did anyone know what was going on with the Colombian weightlifting guy?

How is australia doing? What are their best sports? Are they good in soccer? I loved watching the games in Sydney. What a beautiful city. Would love to see it. On my top three list of places to go.

How is australia doing? What are their best sports? Are they good in soccer? I loved watching the games in Sydney. What a beautiful city. Would love to see it. On my top three list of places to go.

We used to have the top Olympic swimmers once....not anymore :( Soccer? No go!! :(

Archived