pinky

Wich do you prefer  

180 members have voted

1. 1. choices

• Led Zeppelin
    • Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
    • Robert Plant & The Strange Sensations
    • Page, Jones, Bonham,...

In this video, he says he doesn't want to be a bored old man touring around.

I can't seem to find it at the moment, but I swear I read an article on Robert's BBC interview he did recently (it was linked here actually) and when he was asked about a reunion tour, he said something to the effect of, "did you notice how long it took me to get up the steps?" as kind of a joke at his age.

That was from his appearance on a radio show in Wales. I think he was finding a humorous way to answer the question he's asked constantly about the reunion. My feeling is it has little to do with his voice and more to do with his not being interested in revisiting the past but focusing on the present/future.

In this video, he says he doesn't want to be a bored old man touring around.

I can't seem to find it at the moment, but I swear I read an article on Robert's BBC interview he did recently (it was linked here actually) and when he was asked about a reunion tour, he said something to the effect of, "did you notice how long it took me to get up the steps?" as kind of a joke at his age.

Thanks. :)

But he's said a lot of things like that that people sometimes take to mean fear that his voice won't hold up, often because he's just making a joke about his age to avoid saying that he just doesn't want to do whatever it is. Not wanting to be bored isn't the same as saying he's afraid his voice wouldn't cut it, and in fact there seems no evidence that he couldn't handle a tour as well as any of the others, in that respect. I was wondering if he'd actually said anywhere that he was afraid his voice would be up to it.

My interpretation of Plant's feelings has been that he's simply not interested in wailing like a 20 year-old anymore. I've never gotten the sense he feels unable to, nor do any of the shows I've seen or recordings I've heard lead me to believe that would be the case. Whenever there's been a moment when a good Plant howl was appropriate for the moment, he's delivered with nothing but stunning confidence. I was there, and I've felt the chills that come with the power when that voice is unleashed. Better than some of the 75 US shows IMO. I've back to back listened and compared, and he's no doubt got his voice in top form.

My interpretation of Plant's feelings has been that he's simply not interested in wailing like a 20 year-old anymore. I've never gotten the sense he feels unable to, nor do any of the shows I've seen or recordings I've heard lead me to believe that would be the case. Whenever there's been a moment when a good Plant howl was appropriate for the moment, he's delivered with nothing but stunning confidence. I was there, and I've felt the chills that come with the power when that voice is unleashed. Better than some of the 75 US shows IMO. I've back to back listened and compared, and he's no doubt got his voice in top form.

Great post Evster. 100% correct.!!!!

Strange Sensation.

Now you're all saying: "HERETIC!!!!"

Would I have absolutely LOVED to see Zepp in their heyday or the O2? HELL YEAH! But would I want to see a repetitive tour with tuned-down songs, internal tensions (Robert doesnt wanna tour, he has said numerous time) and a stripped down set? NO!

Look Zepp are AWESOME!!! They are like Gods to me. THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME! But thats part of the magic, isnt it? The fact that they were around for so short a time, but their legacy has lasted so long is AMAZING. If Zepp had stayed around longer they would've continued in the downhill slump they were in back in 80...Forgive me for overusing the term but part of the magic of Zeppelin, for me at least, is that they represent a different time, different and better than any music today. And that they disbanded LONG before I was born kind of solidifies them in time for me. Zepp's music, power, and inspiration is ETERNAL. Even if Zepp itself wasnt. Its difficult to explain (lemme use "magic" one last time) but the magic of Zepp is that they didnt last forever...

So to put it in simpler terms, I would rather remember them as they were than see them as they are...

• 1 year later...

Realistically I'd love to see "them crooked vultures" which is the best post zep band from any of em, if you havent heard em or heard of em I highly suggest it cuz they are one of the few bands still rockin & I'd say that even w/o jpj in the band

Archived