Wich do you prefer  

180 members have voted

1. 1. choices

• Led Zeppelin
    • Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
    • Robert Plant & The Strange Sensations
    • Page, Jones, Bonham,...

• 2 months later...
Who would you rather see in concert 2009. All are possible as it now seems very likely for a Plant, Krauss follow up album/tour, assuming there is no more Plant,Krauss Robert may decide to not do a Zeppelin tour and continue with his solo band, Page, Jones, and Bonham may decide to continue on without Robert and choose a "new" singer, and of course there is still hope The Hammer Of The Gods will return. And by the way this it NOT a "which do you think will happen poll" it's a "wich do you rather tour".

How is it possible to see Led Zeppelin without John?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is a biased question on its face. Who here of all places would turn down the chance to see Led Zeppelin? However, since that band is not going on tour.....more than likely ever again, I'd actually see Plant and Krauss since there's a better than good chance it'll happen.

That's like asking PF fans who they'd rather see on tour. David Gilmour, Roger Waters or Roger, David and Nick with someone else on keys? Of course we want to see the three of them get back on stage, if at least to honor Rick Wright, but we all know it won't happen. Live8 was the swan song and it was a success. So, that's that.

Saw The Firm a dozen times Ev, on both tours and in the UK and US, and absolutely loved them live. The previous poster must have hit a bad night because Jimmy always looked like he was having a ball.

Its a shame you don't have the albums - I'd rate them a million times better than Coverdale/Page. Tracks like "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and even "Midnight Moonlight" should be in your collection.

I just posted somewhere else that I have a live Firm disc from the 2nd tour and it is killer. One of the best live disc's ever if you ask me. I think it was a radio show. Not sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Led Zeppelin? No thanks. I think Robert's fears of him not being able to perform as well for a rock tour are justified.

And I don't see how Robert and Allison can make another bluegrass album and NOT make it sound just like Raising Sand.

I would prefer something new from Jimmy, Jonesie and Jason.

Led Zeppelin? No thanks. I think Robert's fears of him not being able to perform as well for a rock tour are justified.

And I don't see how Robert and Allison can make another bluegrass album and NOT make it sound just like Raising Sand.

I would prefer something new from Jimmy, Jonesie and Jason.

I know this has been mentioned many, many times, but Raising Sand is not a bluegrass album. And if Alison Krauss is saying the second album won't sound like the first one, I tend to believe her.

I know this has been mentioned many, many times, but Raising Sand is not a bluegrass album. And if Alison Krauss is saying the second album won't sound like the first one, I tend to believe her.

As do I, coupled with the fact Robert's not made a follow up album with any band that sounds the same :D

As do I, coupled with the fact Robert's not made a follow up album with any band that sounds the same :D

Actually Alison's words made me very very curious... but I guess I need to be patient.

He has said that many times. And there's nothing wrong with that! Actually I think Keith and Mick should take a couple pointers from Robert.

Do you have examples? Not being argumentative here, it's just that he's said a number of things that people have interpreted as him "fearing" his voice wouldn't be up to it, etc., when I don't think that's what he was saying at all. Like this Plant article which was spun as him "fearing" disappointing people, but where he seemed to me to be simply saying he didn't want to do (a Zeppelin) tour, because he'd already been there/done that. So I'd be interested in seeing what you're referring to. :)

In this video, he says he doesn't want to be a bored old man touring around.

I can't seem to find it at the moment, but I swear I read an article on Robert's BBC interview he did recently (it was linked here actually) and when he was asked about a reunion tour, he said something to the effect of, "did you notice how long it took me to get up the steps?" as kind of a joke at his age.

Archived