Did the Whilte Album really come in white vinyl?

Wolfman

Two re-issues in 1978 (one by Capitol Records, the other by Parlophone) saw the album pressed on white vinyl, completing the look of the "white" album. ...

Wow....very cool....anyone have it.....maybe some possible pics?

Here we go.....

5799_1.JPG

mine have the apple labels...green I think

a couple of the others have red labels(abbey road & hey jude if I'm not mistaken)

I have all the beatles albums original from the 60's...even the Vee Jay one that was pulled a couple of days after it was released(mom is a beatles fanatic)

too chicken to find out if I've got a butcher tho

Back in the late 70s several labels printed classic albums on colored vinyl.

I had the what was supposed to be the rarest White Album from England, where only 50,000 were supposedly made.

I had colored vinyl of the Stones, Neil Young, CSNY and Elvis Presley. Now these weren't the 'picture discs' that came out about the same time, that were inferior in sound. These were mainly imports from Holland and used a better vinyl and had superior sound.

One of the earliest colored vinyls was Bloodshot by the J Geils Band released in about '73-'74. Those were very rare too...

Wow....very cool....anyone have it.....maybe some possible pics?

My dad's got an original pressing copy and the white vinyl version. I'll post pics once I dig it out of the closet.

EDIT: Never mind. I see a picture's already been posted.

• 2 years later...

I borrowed a copy of the White Album from aunt along time ago and it was a original copy and it was white

with a purple label i believe that it came with an 8x10 for all four members. The Beatles Red Album 62-66

was on red vinyl and the Blue album 67-70 was on blue vinyl cant remember color of the labels on the

red and blue albums. I'll have to ask her if she still has them.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember reading that a very select amount of original pressings were also white (and blue, and red). I doubt that this is true, but I have seen the white vinyls personally.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I could swear I remember knowing somebody who had the original 1968 release on white vinyl.

Iwas talking to one of our family friends little while and he's nuts on the beatles and he was saying that the japanese (i think) re-released every single beatles album onto red vinyl, Im not sure what year(s) they did it in though.

Archived