Battle of Evermore 1971

JimmyPageZoSo56

Could I be mistaken or did I hear them play BOE live in 1971?

I saw the artwork for the show they played it at. It had an elephant on it i think with the band riding it. Something like Dumbo. It said Blueberry Hill on it too. Plant was only singing too. Only the vocals he sang. Jonesy, Page nor Bonzo sang Sandy Denny's lyrics.

Could I be mistaken or did I hear them play BOE live in 1971?

I saw the artwork for the show they played it at. It had an elephant on it i think with the band riding it. Something like Dumbo. It said Blueberry Hill on it too. Plant was only singing too. Only the vocals he sang. Jonesy, Page nor Bonzo sang Sandy Denny's lyrics.

The bootleg with the elephant on it that you describe is called "Going to California", a 1971 performance indeed, but there is no BOE on that one.

http://www.zeppelinart.com/browse.asp?dir=...rnia+2+%2883%29

The bootleg with the elephant on it that you describe is called "Going to California", a 1971 performance indeed, but there is no BOE on that one.

http://www.zeppelinart.com/browse.asp?dir=...rnia+2+(83)

Elephant isn't quite what it is. The TMOQ label's logo was a pig. Upon closer inspection you'll see that "Dumbo" in fact has a pig's snout, not a trunk. A play on a theme so to speak. B)

And pig's feet. :lol:

Elephant isn't quite what it is. The TMOQ label's logo was a pig. Upon closer inspection you'll see that "Dumbo" in fact has a pig's snout, not a trunk. A play on a theme so to speak. B)

And pig's feet. :lol:

A militant mutant elepig (only rock stars and their badgeholders are allowed to fly these animals.....highly endangered species, ya know)

:D :D :D

anyway, thanx for reminding me of that boot, haven't heard it in ages, especially the "Dazed and confused" on that one is very cool, even though it has a glitch of a few seconds in it.....gonna raid my vinyl section right now!!!

what is the reason they never played it? is it because sandy denny couldnt, or didnt want to perform it live with them and they didnt want to do it without her, or with a replacement?

Well, she was still touring with Fairport Convention through 1974. And sadly, she passed away from a brain hemorrhage after a fall in 1978 at just 31 years old.

And frankly, hearing Jones doing her parts makes me wonder why they ever attempted it live at all! :lol:

Well, she was still touring with Fairport Convention through 1974. And sadly, she passed away from a brain hemorrhage after a fall in 1978 at just 31 years old.

And frankly, hearing Jones doing her parts makes me wonder why they ever attempted it live at all! :lol:

Yeah, it's not very easy on the ears is it. Bless 'im :D

i knew she passed away at a young age, so sad. what a shame she couldnt have sung it live with them. :(

ive never heard the jonesy version, where could i find that?

ive never heard the jonesy version, where could i find that?

Pretty much any show from the '77 US tour except Chicago April 9th when Jimmy was sick. It followed Ten Years Gone as the first song of the acoustic set.

Archived