eagle87

Yeah! baby....

GO EAGLES! New year, new team.... :beer:

NFC East last season:

Cowboys won division, were favored to go to Superbowl

Giants won Superbowl

Redskins made playoffs

Eagles did not make playoffs

Getting Asanti Samuel was a great move, though...

NFC East last season:

Cowboys won division, were favored to go to Superbowl

Giants won Superbowl

Redskins made playoffs

Eagles did not make playoffs

Getting Asanti Samuel was a great move, though...

DeShawn Jackson will be Rookie of the Year.

And the Giants aren't making the playoffs.

While I tend to disagree with SI's pick, Eagles in the SB, because I know better as a Philly sports fan..I can see them stretching past my original pick for them going 10-6. The NFC East is gonna come down to the Cowboys and Eagles. Good thing I'm going to that home game on Dec. 28th. It's gonna be fuckin sweet.

The Giants' schedule does lend them a nice hand to making the playoffs, but their defense is a fraction of what is was last year (which got them as far as they did). Face it, the Giants did what the Steelers did in 06; got hot at the right time and rode it to a championship. That you can't take away from them. They earned it, but they ain't going anywhere this year.

Well I would certainly rather see your Eagles win than Dallas or the Giants but it remains to be seen how good they actually are? We may find out alot next monday night? I have high hopes for the Bill's, and I did even before Brady went down. New England will pay later when their schedule gets tougher in the second half. Their biggest weakness outside of losing the franchise player is their secondary. They are hurting at corner big time. Jet's fans may have a nice week as I believe they will probably beat New England at home on inspiration alone. That place will be crazy and Favre can exploit the Patriot's poor secondary. After that, the party will be over for the Jets in my opinion. They will be exposed in San Diego and against a better Buffalo team.

The AFC North is wide open right now. Should make for a very (for once) entertaining season.

While I tend to disagree with SI's pick, Eagles in the SB, because I know better as a Philly sports fan..I can see them stretching past my original pick for them going 10-6. The NFC East is gonna come down to the Cowboys and Eagles. Good thing I'm going to that home game on Dec. 28th. It's gonna be fuckin sweet.

And it would be sweet for me too, if the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants are all 9-6 going into that last week, and someone has to lose. Enjoy the game!

Tomorrow night should be interesting to you Eagles fans. I hope they beat Dallas. Im so sick of hearing how good Dallas is.

I'm making Philly cheesesteaks (with melted cheddar cheese, however) - the Eagles always win when I do that. Anything for a Cowboys loss.

Thanks pal :D

What an ugly game that one was. B) Some great D and almost no O :(

Yeah, i was expecting a bit of a shootout. Ariens said that he schemed conservative due to Ben's separated shoulder and it showed. Your D front 7 looks much improved, not too sure about Anderson though...

Another at ESPN rips into Matt Millen

September 16, 2008

The Monday morning topic on ESPN2's "First Take": After two weeks as a starter, is Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers the real deal?

Discuss.

"I like what I'm seeing from Aaron Rodgers," offered Stephen A. Smith. "Right now he's playing just as good as any quarterback in the NFL."

But?

Smith continued: "The key thing for me is, remember he was playing against the Lions. ...

"This team is just atrocious and Matt Millen is a walking football atrocity. He is the worst executive, in my opinion, in the history of team sports.

"He is flat-out garbage. The fact that he is allowed to have a job, the fact that he is allowed to walk though the streets of Detroit to enter Ford Field is an abomination in and of itself.

"There should be barricades keeping this man out of the city limits. He should not be allowed to be employed by the Detroit Lions. He is a disgrace of the highest order.

"And that's why you can't take anything Aaron Rodgers did yesterday seriously, because we are talking about the Detroit Lions, who are absolute garbage. ...

"(Millen) is clueless, he doesn't know what he's doing. Until they get rid of him, we're going to be saying that a whole bunch of people look good when they play the Detroit Lions."

I wonder how he really feels ? :blink:

When are the Lions going to be dropped as Thanksgiving Day regulars? I'd prefer a revolving team format, instead of a dissolving team floormat.

Hey Hey now !! That's the only day the entire country gets to share our pain. The owners have wanted to do that for years, but Bill Ford always threatens to pull all Ford NFL advertising if they take it away. Being on the West Coast must be the worst....A Lion game at 9am breakfast has the potential to ruin an entire day.

Archived