NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

this week I am going to go way out on a limb. I think the lions may pull the upset. Just maybe. If they play as well as they did against Indy on offense they can score on New Orleans. They cant stop anyone but could pull it off in a shootout if they can get lucky on special teams and turnovers.

Well, as Peter Wolf once said, "Every now and then we do get desperate."

I have to admit, we are playing better.....'er losing better. It would be very Lionish for them to win one at this point. HOWEVER ! We are a team of destiny on a search for purrrfect imperfection. We're too close to blow it now. This is our last chance. We haven't won in Green Bay since I had hair.....1991. These pussies can't possibly toughen up to play outside....I'd bet a kidney on that.

I played on a 1-8 football team in H.S. We won our second to last game, which was Homecoming. It felt like we won the frickin' Super Bowl. Losing sucks, but this team deserves it. I figure that if they go 0-16, there will be no excuses in stopping a total fumigation of this organization from the top all the way down to the ballboys. You can win five Super Bowls in a row, but 0-16 is a tattoo that will never come off, at least until someone else "accomplishes" it. GO LIONS !!

Well, as Peter Wolf once said, "Every now and then we do get desperate."

I have to admit, we are playing better.....'er losing better. It would be very Lionish for them to win one at this point. HOWEVER ! We are a team of destiny on a search for purrrfect imperfection. We're too close to blow it now. This is our last chance. We haven't won in Green Bay since I had hair.....1991. These pussies can't possibly toughen up to play outside....I'd bet a kidney on that.

I played on a 1-8 football team in H.S. We won our second to last game, which was Homecoming. It felt like we won the frickin' Super Bowl. Losing sucks, but this team deserves it. I figure that if they go 0-16, there will be no excuses in stopping a total fumigation of this organization from the top all the way down to the ballboys. You can win five Super Bowls in a row, but 0-16 is a tattoo that will never come off, at least until someone else "accomplishes" it. GO LIONS !!

At least they could make a key movement in the office, for example who would think the Dolphins would be 9 - 5 this year. I honestly believe Parcell's hands have to do with it, he is changing the team, I would be more than thrilled to see the Dolphins in post season, but I think what they have accomplished til now is something to be proud and to talk about.

If Dolphins managed to win one game the sucky and horrible way they played last year, probably the Lions do it this season, good luck, cause it's terrible to see your team loose every damn week.

At least they could make a key movement in the office, for example who would think the Dolphins would be 9 - 5 this year. I honestly believe Parcell's hands have to do with it, he is changing the team, I would be more than thrilled to see the Dolphins in post season, but I think what they have accomplished til now is something to be proud and to talk about.

If Dolphins managed to win one game the sucky and horrible way they played last year, probably the Lions do it this season, good luck, cause it's terrible to see your team loose every damn week.

As long as they lose one more time :D

In my opinion the most likely scenario's in order are:

Pittsburgh Vs Dallas

Pittsburgh vs Minnesota

Pittsburgh vs Carolina

Pittsburgh vs Giants

Pit to the SB?... maybe. Now that i think about it... could be. But im not really sure.

Although, yes, they are the best team in the AFC. Also could be Tennessee, Indy (not sure either), and if you put Minnesota, im going with Ravens for the AFC.

NFC. Also we have to consider Arizona. Although the last couple of weeks they weren't playing at the same level than before, they're still a team with a very good offense (not great defense though).

So now that we have handed the torch of to Detroit (finally bury one more past record)

What happens if we beat Carolina next week? Guess we have to see the result of tonights game. I would like to end the season with a winning record and see brees pass

Marino's record even though I'm also a Dolphin fan. B)

Dallas and Philadelphia both blew big opportunities.

There was alot of stinkage in critical games this weekend, not that the outcome of any of them made me unhappy. The Ravens are a terrific team, with more than just a good defense this season - it would be a shame if they don't make the playoffs. The Jets are unbelieveable, I can't watch that crap...

What a joke.

There's so many teams that need a kick in the ass, defense-wise. And as you keep saying, many coaches are going to be gone. Some lucky team will get Steve Spagnulo, the Giants current defensive coordinator. He really has done wonders with a group of players whose names don't really jump out at you, and kept the intensity up in spite of critical losses of the better ones. I'm not sure why he rejected the Redskins last year - but it's better to let him go somewhere outside the division. He will make a huge difference, where ever he winds up.

:(Defense! Defense! My Kingdom for a Defense! :o

Congrats! to Brees 5000yd season, just 16 shy of the

record :mellow: The guy is freakin' amazing! :o

My team has plenty of D but needs every bit of it for the playoffs 'cause we have Bruce Arians running our pathetic O. Too bad we couldn't have traded a bit 'o O for a bit 'o D before this time...

Holy shit! Head are rollin already. News just in. All fired are the coaches of the Jets, Browns and Lions. the suprize to me is Mangini? I didnt think the Jets would fire him and I consider it a mistake by them. The other two we knew were toast. Soon to join the list should be Lewis (Cincy) and Edwards (KC). And hopefully the entire Buffalo staff. Cmon Ralph, wake up you old dip shit and fire all of them!!!!

Lewis will not be fired. A record 22 players on IR, 17 starters. Franchise QB Carson Palmer out all but two games. Played the NFL's toughest schedule according to the pundits, including 6 current playoff teams. He's not going anywhere.

Who might that be? Tell me it isnt Miami? The Rams used to be my second favorite until they moved to St Louis. Now its the Bills or nothing. I think this is a wide open race this year. I dont think there are any locks to get there. Not even the Giants. As I said a week ago, San Diego may be the most dangerous team to ever make it at 8-8. They were my preseason pick to win it all, and over Minnesota. I kind of like the Eagles chances in the NFC but Carolina, Giants also have a great chance. I think the AFC will be either San Diego or Pittsburgh, unless Rothlesburger is hurt more than we think. Even so, their backup could still get them there. Cant totally count out Indy or Baltimore but I dont really like their chances. I wonder what was the team with the worse record ever to win a super bowl? My guess would be Plunketts Raiders when they Upset the Eagles back in the 80s but I may be wrong?

B) Yep! always was a Miami fan from way back, been a Saints fan ever since I moved to New Orleans though, Best Fans in the NFL :D

Congrats to you and Eagles87. Im sure he is probably celebrating. San Diego is about to win the west, New England is out. Strange season. I cant wait to see who gets the axe first? I say at least 7 will get fired. I think Wade Phillips will get fired after todays debacle. I am hoping the entire Bills staff is fired. Cincy, Cleveland, KC, Detroit should be definite firings. The Raiders coach may just get to stay? I would give him a chance. I think Norv Turner will only survive if he gets San Diego to the Super Bowl. Possible but improbable. But they almost beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. The whole thing is wide open in my opinion. The Eagles got a miracle with the Raiders saving them and now could be very very dangerous. Holmgren and Dungy are retiring so there will be a ton of coaching jobs open. I am concerned at what Buffalo will do. They had better fire that dumb ass offensive coordinator if they plan on selling any tickets. I will say someone gets fired as early as tomorrow or Tuesday. Ill say Edwards (KC), Lewis (cincy) and Wade in Dallas for starts. Oh, you Lions fans got your wish. 0-16. They looked like they might have a shot for a minute there. Whoever theiri coah is-toast also.

hey what sup my freind!!!..

yeah i was celebrating x-mas ( :drunk: )... and then, last night, when i found out that the Eagles are in the playoff, i just couldn't believe it.... so im damn happy!!!

hope you doing ok man...

best regards,

and happy new year to everybody

happy-new-year.jpg

Before we move on to the winners, allow me a couple minutes here to explain how bad we really were.....

- The Lions gave up 514 points. This is the most in the NFL since Word War 2.

- Our defense intercepted only 4 passes all year. That is an NFL record.

- 5 people played quarterback....another NFL record.

- Opposing quarterbacks had a 110 pass rating against us. That's a higher rating than any quarterback in the league. 6 quarterbacks had career passing days against us.

- Of course 0-16 is a record, but our record over the last 8 years is 31-97. That's the worst 8 year stretch in the NFL since before World War 2. During that stretch, we have won 5 road games.

- During that 8 year span, the Lions had 6 Top 10 picks in the Draft. :slapface::blink::slapface::blink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know why, but I think Carolina is going to surprise some people.

Carolina Panthers vs. San Diego Chargers......San Diego wins.

What is in that Detroit water? Fucking Ralph Wilson, the crazy old owner of the Buffalo Bills who lives there in Lions country, has decided to keep Jaruon. One woman called in and said she is surrendering her season tickets. WTF? I guess that the Turk is gone at least so that is good. And Shanahan gets whacked in Denver? Go figure?

From what i hear, the Buffalo players convinced Wilson to keep Jauron...they love him. Shanahan? Didn't i read somewhere that Denver has 1(one!)post season win since Elway retired?????

Denver have had a lot of epic collapses recently. It was time for a new look in Donkeyland.

Archived