NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

And if you lose to the Cardinals you will feel just as lousy as the rest of us whose teams are gone home til next year. Its a very interesting game. I would be quite worried if I were a Pittburgh fan.

With our schedule, and then beating two very hot teams in SD and Balt., it's all gravy from here. Not to say that we'll breeze through Arizona 'cause we won't but just getting to the SB this year is a miracle.

I hope this is the end of the McNabb/Reid Era for us Birds fans. McNabb again proved to me that he is Mr. Choke Artist when it comes to the big game. This loss was not entirely his fault.

You don't see the problem is in a non-existant running game? Westbrook is great catching short passes and getting big yardage afterward, but should not be taking more than 6 handoffs in a game. They need a physical back to take 15 -20 handoffs, and there's no shortage of those type available. McNabb is one of the better QBs, at least these days. You're not going to find anyone who will do more with what that team offers on offense.

well... after a poor season, we saw the Eagles go to the NFC Champhionship game vs. Cardinals.

I can't say that im not a sad or disapointed, but im happy too. The Eagles did a very good job in the end of the season beating several good teams...

And, although i would liked to see the Eagles in the SB vs. the Steelers (man... what a game), i also can't say that the Cardinals doesn't deserve to be in the SB... specialy for L.Fitzgerald who is a damn good WR (one of my favorites).

Steelers vs. Cardinals. I like both teams, don't care who win... i just hope they enjoy it.

I would say that the Steelers have a best chance to win, but look what happen vs. Eagles....

Is that all you have to say Eagles87? I say fire Reid. This team was good enough to win. Just like my Bills, dumb ass morons at the controls. He should be at the local watering hole eating chicken wings and drinking beer instead of trying to coach a team loaded with talent. Fire that fat boy right now. :buttsmack:

i can't say that im not entirely agree with you...

i don't know WTF si going to happen...

Well Troy Aikman happened to agree with that view. what does your injury and playing have to do with this game? I think you had more than your knee injured.

I took a few hits to the head too. I was always a second string player, UNTIL the summer between junior and senior year I grew about 6 inches and put on 35 pounds. I was a six foot four, 205 pound tight end as a senior. Made first string, and all of a sudden some division 2 college scouts started looking me over. A lot of the cheerleaders started looking me over too, plus an assortment of others. Them's were the days.

You don't see the problem is in a non-existant running game? Westbrook is great catching short passes and getting big yardage afterward, but should not be taking more than 6 handoffs in a game. They need a physical back to take 15 -20 handoffs, and there's no shortage of those type available. McNabb is one of the better QBs, at least these days. You're not going to find anyone who will do more with what that team offers on offense.

Ahhh, the pain has subsided somewhat..

My rant was too harsh towards McNabb, I was extremely angry at the time. He threw a helluva game, even with several bad passes. It was our defense that let us down. That 4th and inches will haunt my dreams until next season. Reid needs to go, I would gladly keep McNabb and see where different coaching and different play calling takes him and the Birds.

Again, our running game sucks because they choose to run an injured Westbrook over a healthy Buckhalter. I must have screamed at the television after every Westbrook handoff of a yard or less, "He's hurt!!! Where the fuck is Buckhalter, whose actually healthy for the first time in his career?!?" It's a real shame too. They even had a stat before the Giants playoff game; everytime Bucks had more than 3 touches, we'd win. Less, we'd lose.

It's all about play calling..and finding talent. Reid should atleast be removed from the GM position. He has proven to be incredibly unreliable with scouting for talent. We need a big name receiver to go with Jackson and Curtis. It stinks they just gave a big contract to LJ Smith, who is without a doubt, the biggest loser on the Eagles. Celek proved yesterday he is far better in the TE position and I'll bet McNabb sees alittle "Chad Lewis" in Celek. Our defensive linemen are young, but our secondary is still shaky. Samuel proved to me yesterday his size and his inabilities to adjust are still weaknesses in his game, despite being a Pro Bowl corner. Dawkins is pretty much done. His attitude is always in the right place, but watching the game yesterday, he went for more "hits than tackles" and it cost us several yards during their scoring drives.

• 4 weeks later...
Lynch, Buffalo Bills running back arrested on gun charge in southern California. Dumb ass motha fucka! Like we didnt have enough problems. :wtf:

I was thinking that Plaxico Burress shooting himself in a restaurant, where the only threat to him or his companions was himself, would wake some people up on the stupidity of all this. Evidentally not...

I wonder if this will get him kicked off the team? They have Jackson who was very impressive late in the year. But they didnt plan to lose Lynch.

Most teams look for repeated incidents before letting go of problem guys. This guy did hit and run a woman last year, that seems like enough? And decent RBs are a dime a dozen these days.

Ravens cut Chris McCallister; Looks Like I'll have to change my Avatar now!

McAllisterINT.jpg

I've read that several Ravens players will most likely not be on the team next season, particularly on defense. I don't know how thy could let such great unit loose anyone- is it related to Ryan leaving for the Jets?

Sportsline is saying its a no brainer that Detroit should take the QB. I dont agree with this. Not unless they plan to trade him for established defensive players.

Before you and I were born, the Lions won 3 Championhips in the 50's with a drunk named Bobby Layne. When we traded him to Pittsburgh, he supposedly said, "the Lions won't win anything for another 50 years". Fifty years is up, and Mathew Stafford went to the same H.S. as Bobby Layne.....I believe in irony, so Let's do it !!

Nah...just kidding. However we did just sign Culpepper for one year, and the Lions do have a lot of cap money to play with to buy some defensive help, so maybe it's not a bad idea. I figure Dante might last 5-6 games before both his legs are broken in two, and then we can throw the kid in there. I do like him...at least his attitude. I love our kicker, but we need a leader.

I've read that several Ravens players will most likely not be on the team next season, particularly on defense. I don't know how thy could let such great unit loose anyone- is it related to Ryan leaving for the Jets?

It all has to do with salary caps and aging athletes. It happened to us in 2001 also. Just look at Pittsburgh from 2004 and Superbowl XLI the rosters are totally different.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't think I'd live to see the day Brian Dawkins wasn't a Bird. The times they are a changin' :slapface:

A 5th round draft pick for Lito Shepard???? WHAT THE FUCK????

:rolleyes: Been that way ever since free agency, we're just rooting for a uniform anymore!

Archived