NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

He is a damn good running back that played for the Saints for years. You must not follow the game too close? He is well known.

I usually only follow college football.

Sadly, my family are Bengals fans, so not much happening there.

Wow, he really is a good running back. And he must have a great offensive line to make those holes for him.

Maybe the Bengals will pick him up.

He's slowed a bit with the knee problems but he has great hands as well as you can see he caught a lot of screen passes. It's the salary cap thing he got caught up in.

The writing was on the wall though as coach payton didn't play him much last year. :(

24cield.jpg

Look out Miami, New England, and Jets. There is a new sheriff in town! And his name isi T O

Haha - getcha popcorn ready, Cornelius! He should make a good "Buffalo Soldier"... fightin' on arrival, fightin' for survival!!!

Now that TO is in there, he will draw lots of attention leaving Evans to catch alot of balls. TO is not going to start trouble here.

Yeah - I forgot how much he loves to be used as a decoy, so his teammates can steal his glory. But what he claimed about Romo and company scheming plays behind his back was probably true - why run your route, if they're not going to throw to you? Good luck, dude...

T O in Buffalo. Who woulda thunk it!! B) Yes I am a die hard bills fan and a eagles fan. I watched with disgust how TO destroyed that season with his side show. I hope he just lets his talent do the talking for him B) . The bills are close to becoming a contender with another year under Edwards belt. Lots of very good players just looking for a strong draft. Let me guess they will take a corner with their first pick. I was not a believer after the 5-0 start but they were a better team than there record showed. TO has the abilities to put this team over the top. Definitely our best receiver since Reed. STILL looking for a decent tight end. It will be a interesting season in Buffalo. Lets go Buffalo!! :D:D

This is in today's Toronto Sun called former Bills are in shock.

Marv Levy had just stepped off a plane in Chicago when a friend informed him Terrell Owens had signed with the Buffalo Bills. The Hall of Fame coach's first reaction was wondering if the person picking him up at the airport required a breathalyzer.

"I was surprised, naturally, like everybody else," the former Bills coach and GM said yesterday. "I verified it later that it was true, and that my friend hadn't been drinking."

The head-turning news of the receiver signing a one-year deal with the team Saturday is, in fact, for real.

"Wow," said Bills Hall-of-Fame back Thurman Thomas. "I said it last year that the Bills have to make a big splash. This is a bigger splash than I thought the Bills organization would ever make."

This is also in today's Toronto Sun called "buzz has begun"

In 1993, Reggie White stunned the NFL by signing with Green Bay, claiming that the Lord directed him to Wisconsin.

It's unlikely the same heavenly message is responsible for the shocking arrival of Terrell Owens in Cheektowaga.

After all, the shotgun marriage of the flaky Owens and the small-market Buffalo Bills hardly seems to be a match made in heaven.

And yet, upon further review, maybe there actually might be some method to the madness that critics claim finally has overcome Ralph Wilson, the 90-year-old codger who owns the Bills.

According to word out of Buffalo, it was the normally conservative Wilson who pushed for the recruiting of Owens. Pronto. So, while the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers still were debating whether to pursue the biggest free-agent headache out there, the Bills quickly sealed the deal on Saturday.

The Bills allegedly know Owens is a 6-foot-5 time bomb in cleats that, sooner or later, will blow. It happened in San Francisco, in Philadelphia, in Dallas. It will happen in Buffalo, too. And you can bet it will be the sexy story on Eyewitness News when it does.

Unlike most other Bills stories in recent times, however, media interest in Owens stretches far beyond western New York and southern Ontario.

Whether blazing past a double team to snatch a 70-yard bomb or uncontrollably snapping at a teammate on the sideline, Owens always finds the spotlight. And, for an owner, a team and a city that too often have been irrelevant on a national scope recently, T.O. makes them matter again, even if for the wrong reasons.

For Wilson, the tradeoff is one he apparently is willing to digest. If Owens can lead this franchise to its first playoff appearance in a decade and make headlines doing it, his one-year, $6.5-million US deal will be well worth it.

The buzz already has started in Buffalo.

Aside from those moments when Bills booster Chris (Boomer) Berman is pimping the team on-air, Buffalo normally is just a footnote on ESPN. Not now. The Bills, dubbed "North America's Team" by Owens, are huge news all across North America and will continue to be as long as T.O.'s act keeps running its course at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

In western New York this weekend, Owens-mania ruled. WGR, the local sports radio station, pre-empted normal programming for nine hours of call-in chats with fans. Orders for Owens jerseys already flowed in to the team's website. And inquiries about season tickets rocketed.

Before Owens, the Bills were so collectively nondescript, their uniforms should have been beige. Now, with him on board, the networks suddenly are said to be finding the team a desirable candidate for prime-time appearances.

In the end, the potential increase in season-ticket sales, souvenir revenues and television exposure -- and, maybe a playoff berth -- means more money for Wilson, even if it is accompanied by imminent drama.

Of course, it's a good bet that Rogers chairman Phil Lind is smiling at the move, too.

Suddenly, the presence of Owens makes the Bills' 2009 regular-season game at the Rogers Centre an easier sell, even in this trying economy.

Last year's game, which featured the Miami Dolphins, was a snoozefest. The prices were silly. The building was, for the most part, dead, other than the thousands of Dolphins fans who cheered on their heroes to a 16-3 victory. In the wake of that event, there were suggestions that future Toronto games needed sizzle, maybe a visit by Peyton Manning and his Indianapolis Colts.

Now, with Owens coming to town, who cares who the Bills play?

But if the NFL really wanted to inject some zest into this Bills-in-Canada series, why not make the New England Patriots visit the dome? Imagine a game featuring two of the NFL's all-time most talented, selfish personalities in Owens and Randy Moss.

We can hear the money being printed now. In both Canadian and U.S. currencies, of course.

:goodpost::goodpost:

Actually, Id say, GREAT POST!!!!!!

The only thing I strongly disagree with is that no way will they draft a corner. They have McKelvin and they are loaded in the secondary. Pass rusher, tight end, or linebacker.

Hey, Ill bet this gaurantees the Bills will be on at least two Monday night games and at least two Sunday night games?

My tongue was planted firmly in cheek for drafting a corner. That seems to be the pick of choice for the Bills more often than not. I think o-line or D-end would be a strong choice. Yes bring on some Monday nighters. I have fond memories of Frank Reich against the L.A. Rams (remember them) when Jim Kelly was out.

If we can keep our players out of jail we can be good. TO will draw double coverage and Evans will be open. Edwards now has an arsenal of talent at his disposal. I dont know if Ralph did it for the money or if he really wants to win, maybe both. But I guarantee that at least 55 thousand season tickets will be sold in April. I also gaurantee every game will be a sell out. The Toronto game included. The Bills may draft a pass rusher at 11, then with Schobel back they will be loaded on defense too. I think this team will be very dangerous. McKelvin can run back kickoffs and cover and the pieces are all falling into place. GO BILLS!!!

Your Bills are going to go - right into chaos! TO's skills will not bring you anything but frustration. He won't go over the middle, he drops a number of passes, doesn't run the correct routes and if he is going to get hit - he'll run out of bounds or go backwards instead of getting the couple of yards needed for a first down. Plus, your team is young and will be easily influenced by this mentally ill man/child. Good luck! :console:

Hey Yukon,for years I've been a fan of the Bills due to the likes of Joe Cribbs,Cornelius Bennett,and Chris Mohr.Even after those guys were long gone.I always admired Jim Kelly as a tough as nails QB.

Now you got T.O. invading Buffalo.He's exciting as hell when he's on,but I hope he doesn't bring as much claptrap to your fine city.Buffalo's exposure should increase greatly on a national scale.

Good luck,I wish the season was kicking off next week!

Your Bills are going to go - right into chaos! TO's skills will not bring you anything but frustration. He won't go over the middle, he drops a number of passes, doesn't run the correct routes and if he is going to get hit - he'll run out of bounds or go backwards instead of getting the couple of yards needed for a first down. Plus, your team is young and will be easily influenced by this mentally ill man/child. Good luck! :console:

All that stuff is just poop that the mean old press people make up to sell stories. You never hear it from the actual players or fans of the teams he's played on. Well, maybe that Garcia guy, who is obviously gay. Or that McNabb guy, but he doesn't play in an offense that throws the ball much. There'll be plenty of passing for T.O. to get his grabs now, especially in the beautiful weather conditions Buffalo has to offer in the later part of the season. Did you get your T.O. jersey yet, Cornelious? They're going fast! Whoda thought we would be having this much fun between seasons???

You must be a Dolphins fan? Luck will have nothing to do with it.

No, I am an avid fan of the team he just left and had the same wishes as you have right now and the same as the Philly fans had back then........ No rift between us, I just am glad to have him out of my teams locker room.

All that stuff is just poop that the mean old press people make up to sell stories. You never hear it from the actual players or fans of the teams he's played on. Well, maybe that Garcia guy, who is obviously gay. Or that McNabb guy, but he doesn't play in an offense that throws the ball much. There'll be plenty of passing for T.O. to get his grabs now, especially in the beautiful weather conditions Buffalo has to offer in the later part of the season. Did you get your T.O. jersey yet, Cornelious? They're going fast! Whoda thought we would be having this much fun between seasons???

I have lived his "poop" the last three seasons. First, your Garcia comment is so far out there that I'm not going to make a proper statement about it. Second, even when TO has the ball passed to him, he drops it or gets alligator arms and won't go get it due to being afraid of getting hit hard. The Dolphins are hungry and will be able to defense him well, the Jets have the coordinator that shut him down in the next to last game this past season and we all know about Pats' defensive abilities. When TO's stats aren't where HE thinks they should be, he will then become me, me, me again and that will ruin the club. You don't have to believe me, just wait until November rolls around. I wanted to be excited and positive like you two are, eventually reality sets in with this guy. Again, no rift, just sharing my past three years of watching every down he has played and I sure am glad to see him go. Peace.

And Im glad to have that good ole boy Wade out of mine! T O is the man!!!!

TO TO TO

Lets Go Buff-A-LO

I am with you on Coach Phillips - he should have been gone, gone, gone along with your saviour TO. Keep the pills away from him and watch for more crying when the depression of an upstate NY winter settles in on him :lol:

Enjoy...... I know I will!!

I am with you on Coach Phillips - he should have been gone, gone, gone along with your saviour TO. Keep the pills away from him and watch for more crying when the depression of an upstate NY winter settles in on him :lol:

Enjoy...... I know I will!!

I wouldn't want that distraction on my team,Yuk.You know that you're looking through rose-colored glasses,right?

You hope for the best but you get what you paid for...drama!!! He is a drama queen!Get your Sharpies ready :rolleyes:

We got rid of Winslow,I hope to get something good for him.

I would have loved to pick up Fred Taylor,did you see where he went,Yuk? He's not done!

I have lived his "poop" the last three seasons. First, your Garcia comment is so far out there that I'm not going to make a proper statement about it. Second, even when TO has the ball passed to him, he drops it or gets alligator arms and won't go get it due to being afraid of getting hit hard. The Dolphins are hungry and will be able to defense him well, the Jets have the coordinator that shut him down in the next to last game this past season and we all know about Pats' defensive abilities. When TO's stats aren't where HE thinks they should be, he will then become me, me, me again and that will ruin the club. You don't have to believe me, just wait until November rolls around. I wanted to be excited and positive like you two are, eventually reality sets in with this guy. Again, no rift, just sharing my past three years of watching every down he has played and I sure am glad to see him go. Peace.

Walter, Walter, Walter - you don't see that I'm spoofing on our good friend Cornelious? Yes, Owens is not worth the disarray he brings to a team, and his own mind has compromised the skills he once had. Yes, HIS announcement about Jeff Garcia many years ago was pretty far out there. But lets have fun with it, now - why wait til November? They should have a mini-cam inside T.O.'s helmet, for us all to see those tears when he sprints out 70 yards on the first play of the season, and they hand off to Jackson for a 2 yard gain...

You mean when he turns the ball into a spinning top in the Jets end zone while doing his first TD dance as a Buffalo Bill!

TO

TO

Lets Go BUFF-A-LO!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::toast::elvis2:

That's all he's going to provide for his first big Buffalo celebration? I was thinking he could have some horns pop out of his head, while he chews up the turf and bellows? But I'll admit that I'm probably going to watch the TV schedule for these games more than usual, just like I visited this site more today - just for the spectacle of it all. At least you have renewed enthusiasm, Cornelius. I don't know who the hell Eli is going to have to throw the ball to, or if he'll be having more games where he can't get it there, anyway...

Bills take a major risk by signing combustible Owens

Vic Carucci By Vic Carucci | NFL.com

Senior Columnist

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- I find myself a little bit torn over the Buffalo Bills' signing of Terrell Owens.

Most of me emphatically believes that this is a horrible idea. Owens is not going to suddenly become a team player after never having been one throughout his career.

On a team that has no prominent stars, he automatically becomes the No. 1 Bill, and that's a problem because his idea of leadership is to put himself first and leave the rest of the team behind.

It's not hard to imagine him over-running the authority of Dick Jauron, as mild-mannered a coach as you'll find in the NFL.

Likewise, it's possible to envision Owens overwhelming Trent Edwards, who is still in the very early and delicate stages of his development as a quarterback.

The bottom line: Owens could easily be the divisive force that he has been in each of his three previous stops (San Francisco, Philadelphia and Dallas).

"This is a disaster for the Bills," an NFL coach, who requested anonymity, told me. "They've got a problem with (RB Marshawn Lynch, who recently pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge) and this is another guy that they don't need on that roster."

But there is a flip-side to the story.

The Bills are desperate to generate even the tiniest bit of excitement among their fans. At the very least, Owens does generate that. Although his skills are declining, he has had enough success in his career to provide some hope that he might recapture some of his better days.

As someone who has resided in western New York for the last 27 years, I know what the Bills mean to the community, and I feel the frustration of fans who have suffered through a long playoff drought. They want something, anything, to cheer for.

As soon as word of Owens' signing broke, a neighbor said, "I look at it this way, the guy might be a jerk, but my kids just told me that he's the first player the Bills have signed whose name they recognize."

Another friend, who also is a Bills season-ticket holder, texted me the following: "This is not the Bills' style at all to sign a guy like this, but a guy I'm with heard the news and just renewed his season tickets."

I guess that's what 7 Mil buys.......................

Archived