NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

Like your sense of humour Medhb. Most of the women I have known find football to be nothing more than something that takes away their husbands or boyfriends on a Sunday afternoon. Nice to hear from you!

She's a Giants fan, I seem to recall? My wife is starting to follow the game, but drives me crazy with wanting a detailed explanation of what happened on each play and penalty. She also goes into laughing fits, whenever the announcers say "tight end" or "penetration". Madden uses that term on almost every play, it's been pointed out to me - I hear he suddenly retired?

Wow that is big news! I didnt hear that he retired. that is big news for NFL and ABC. I know what you mean about women being clueless about the game of football. It drives me nuts. What just happend. RRRRRRRRR. Go watch the soaps and leave me alone! :mad: My boys are taking cawre of business in the draft. Love their moves. Got that big boy at center that is 309 lbs. im sure they will move some around on the line. The defensive guy from Penn State is supposed to be a great pass rucher. Him and gettinng Schoebel back will give us a pass rush.

Man you obviously don't live in a good football city. ;) Here in Pittsburgh, the girls know as much or more as most of the guys. As usual, Steelers are working the draft. Got a nice DE in the first round, as our D-Line is getting up there. This is the first DE in 20 years. A guard and WR/kick returner in the 3rd round. And they just reworked Hines Wards contract for another 4-5 years (details unknown yet) to give them more room under the cap. I think we are looking forward to another great season.

Thats alot of bunk and you know it fella! Ill have it out with you another day on this matter. But tomorrow is the draft. So we must concentrate on that. dont you agree? Speaking of which, you are on the clock you Lions. Go ahead and make another big move. I hope you get some defensive talent at some point tomorrow. I really get sick of watching such horrendous football on Thanksgiving.

There is nothing to "have it out" about. Still haven't heard how the "greedy" Giants and Cowboys are ruining the sport of football for smaller market teams.

There is nothing to "have it out" about. Still haven't heard how the "greedy" Giants and Cowboys are ruining the sport of football for smaller market teams.

The Giants certainly passed on the chance to get a few established WRs, and went with the draft instead. One pick, Ramses Barden, is from a small school - Cal Poly? This was a glaring need for a team with most other things in place - hopefully their choices will show that patience is wiser than greed.

When Greg Williams was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills he made significantly less money than he now makes as an assistant in Washington. What does that tell you?

Tells me Buffalo is a cheap organization and Washington with "The Daniel" over pays their assistants. It is funny how cities like Pittsburgh are considered "small market" in one sport (baseball), but in another sport are more than competitive (football). Again, we're talking football here.

Speculation running wild after the draft. Let's see who did their homework on their drafties professional potential and not just on a name and reputation. New thread needed Yukon. :)

I am hoping to be at the first practice to roll out the red carpet for our new boys. TO included./ :D

That would be exciting to be there for the first practice. It will be a circus with the media following TO. If you put him in the first post of '09, is that the same as being on the cover of the cursed Madden video games?

I just learned Ralph Wilson lost his daughter to cancer this week also. On a brighter note, Kiper of ESPB said that Buffalo had the best draft of anyone.

You had a great one all right, but I've always thought Kiper was a fucking idiot.

Can't tell if a draft is good or not for at least 2 years. So many hidden potential starters in rounds 3 - 7 and so many flops in rounds 1 -2. School and player names mean nothing in this league, as I am sure you are aware of.

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw something about the Redskins getting to keep their name. I guess some Indians still try and fight the name. I wish the Bullets had not been removed from the basketball team. I liked them when they were the Baltimore Bullets. Some of these stupid little peeves are just crazy. Just like the frivalent lawsuits that plague this country and hurt everyone. Drs offices now making you sign for all these releases, and having to listen to all this legal bullshit after every McDonalds prize giveaway. I say shoot all the lawyers and judges. All of em. :hunter:

I like the fact you are now quoting and responding to yourelf Y.C.! :slapface::hysterical:

They should've dropped that name years ago. Imagine the Atlanta Blackskins or something in that same vein - not very classy. Even our Syracuse dropped their name out of respect.

I am with you on the b.s. lawsuits, it was Thomas Jefferson who said, "kill all the lawyers" what over 200 years ago?

Micheal Vick is out of jail. Maybe the Bills will sign him. :o Vick looks, he throws, touchdown TO!!!! Touchdown Buffalo!!!!!

:lol::drunk::yay::yay::yay::party::elvis2:

I think Vick has to do some probation time and community service, still. You gave up on Edwards?

If Edwards throws as badly to TO as he did that first pitch the other night, you'd better watch out! They will have to change the locks for that key to the city they just gave him or he'll burn the place down! :nuke:

A local sports journalist that has his daily radio talk show is now suggesting that the Bills sign Micheal Vick. I was expecting him to say that. If I have the time Ill call in tomorrow and tell him that he should do us a favor and leave town. I have had it with his know it all bullshit commentaries on the radio and his newspaper column. His name is Bob Mathews, if anyone is ever bored and wants to go to our local paper online its called the Democrat and Chronicle. He is a smart guy and I do respect his insight at times, but is he kidding? Who is going to take a chance on Vick right now? It will be a media circus and a firestorm. Just imagine him going on the road? They will need extra security at every game he is at. The concensus is that he will start by playing in this new league, I believe its indoor, and some big name coaches from the NFL are already signed. I cant remember specifically who offhand. Maybe Brett Favre will get drawn into it? who knows. I dont think the guy wants to be home with his wife?

Yeah,you don't need Vick in Buffalo. The circus has already arrived with T.O. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

When discussing NFL, your log in should be Yukon Cornelius Bennett.

Archived