NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

It's the only thing we have left. Don't take it away...we've suffered enough

Well, couldn't your fans dress up a little for the game - to get some exitement going? At least the Raiders fans give me some reason to tune in for their games, especially around Halloween!

offered Stephen A. Smith.

Stephen A. Smith is one of the worst sports commentators in the history of professional sports telecasting. Michael Irvin is better than him.

And to say the Eagles played one of their best games ever Monday Night is atrocious. Their defense was non-existent. Our offense made some big plays, and our defense had two turn overs-but we haven't had our "lights out D" since 04. You shouldn't put up 37 points and lose a football game. Period.

But you must walk away from that game happy. It was a tough road game, only week two, and the offense was fabulous. Only the fumble caused their undoing and its only one game. They showed that they are a team to be reckoned with.

We're still gonna win the division, but we have much to improve.

We're still gonna win the division, but we have much to improve.

Well, my team is in your stadium this weekend and we are definitely concerned. No way you are putting 37 on the Steelers but no way are we putting anything near 41 on you guy's.

I wish we were facing the Lions instead... :D

I loved Jacksonville to win this week because they were desperate and Indy is very overated this year. I had the Jags on all three of my parlays. Needless to say I still lost because I layed the points with the Giants and Bills and was dumb enough to take a shot with the hapless Lions.

I was talking about Sean "Payton" not "Peyton" Manning B)

It's the only thing we have left. Don't take it away...we've suffered enough

I know, I was sooo excited when they won last week. This week....they got their asses handed to them. :angry:

Well, I've FINALLY accepted the Giants as my team now so I was happy to see us remain undefeated today! Close game though.... :mellow:

I dont know which game you are referring to them. We all get differant games in differant areas. I had the Bills game and then Philly'Pitt on one channel and Denver/NO on the other. Denver sucked out again.

Well based on my location I could be a Payton or Peyton fan :lol:

at least my Tigers kicked ass~ B) S.E.C.

Now wait just a minute. Nobody is allowed to change their life long teams. Nobody. It isnt proper ediquete in the sports world. You have to be loyal to your team no matter what. Just ask the long suffering Cubs fans. And the Red Sox fans who finally got their vindication. I am a Bills fan now and until I die. If you just proclaim yourself a Giants fan all of a sudden, that makes you what is called a "bandwagon fan". and you guys out there know Im right.

I know, it really sux! I've been here for almost 20 years though and DAMN! I was missin football! Believe me, I'm still a Lions fan!! It hurts :( So I had to make the hard decision and finally support the Giants. It was not an easy decision.

Funny thing, several years ago on a trip back home I bought my hubby a Tigers cap. He wore that cap all the time and got his chops busted for it soooo bad...but when they won their conference HE was the one laughing! He was laughing so hard at me through that series. He said "I never knew you were such a fan!" I just didn't have anyone to root for!!

One of the best Lions games I ever saw was against Minnesotta. EVERYONE had left the stadium because the Lions were down like 30 point. Well, the fans that stayed were rewarded...Lions came back in the 4th quarter and won that game. The very FEW Lions fans were practically getting in fights because the masses left at the stadium were Minnesota fans, the place was in an uproar.

But gee, I'm really dating myself cuz...those games are ancient history. Anyone remember Billy Sims? He was one of the most elegant running backs I've ever seen. He was magnificent! The Lions were always lucky to have some really good running backs....I could never understand why they coulnd't pull it together.

I would never bail out on my teams. In baseball I have always been an Oriole's fan. Not easy since 1983. Bills and Sabres in Football and Hockey respectfully, and we have high hopes this year. You Lions fans are frustrated, I can certainly understand that. Bad management just like my Orioles. But if you abandon them just to cheer for a team that is now winning, and two years from now they start winning and the Giants are losing, you will be sorry. You must stay loyal. Hell, I lost 4 Super Bowls in a row. How in hell can that happen. You have to figure if you are good enough to go to 4 straight like nobody else has ever done, then you should win one. Of course we should have won two, but the ball sailed wide right in one and we fumbled in the other.

Oh no....don't get me wrong. I never said I was no longer a Lions fan. Unfortunatley I never get to see them play here out East. So I resorted to cheering for the Giants as a way to enjoy the game again. If the Giants come up against Detroit.....I'm a Lions fan to the core!! I also like Green Bay.

DALLAS 37 -- GREEN BAY 27

The Dallas Cowboys traveled to Green Bay having never won a game at famed Lambeau Field, going winless in five previous appearances dating back to 1960. There was also the added pressure of facing a playoff-caliber team who had the same 2-0 record, not to mention visiting a Packers club with revenge on their minds after Dallas' 37-27 victory over Green Bay back in Texas in November of last year.

And if that wasn't enough, the Packers were hosting alumni night with many of their hall-of-fame greats watching from the sidelines.

No hope? No problem.

Dallas never let the sideshows distract them, handling the Packers and their venerable stadium for a comfortable 27-16 victory. It was a night where the team's change-of-pace versatility kept the Packers defense guessing and eventually defeated.

I'm still a Lions fan... I'm a fan of all Detroit sports in general.

Its just that its been like 55 or so years since they've won a championship... a little overdue, no?

Got to hand it to them though for making a great conversation piece on Thanksgiving!

Now wait just a minute. Nobody is allowed to change their life long teams. Nobody. It isnt proper ediquete in the sports world. You have to be loyal to your team no matter what. Just ask the long suffering Cubs fans. And the Red Sox fans who finally got their vindication. I am a Bills fan now and until I die. If you just proclaim yourself a Giants fan all of a sudden, that makes you what is called a "bandwagon fan". and you guys out there know Im right.

What if you are (were) a lifelong fan of the Baltimore Colts?

Great question. Who do you cheer for? The Ravens? Or the Colts?

No

Fucking

Way.

There's one person in the world who would do (and did) everything in his power to disassociate himself from anything to do with the "other" Colts.

Johnny Unitas

Fuck the Dolts........fuck 'em with a sharp stick.

No

Fucking

Way.

There's one person in the world who would do (and did) everything in his power to disassociate himself from anything to do with the "other" Colts.

Johnny Unitas

Fuck the Dolts........fuck 'em with a sharp stick.

I say the same thing about the Ravens as Modell took my Browns away for a few years.I quit watching football until they came back.

I have to say that I've lost a lot of respect for sports over the last ten years.

59,I was truly saddened when Irsay took the Colts and left town in the middle of the night in March of 84.I thought that would never happen to the Browns....Fuck Art Modell!

I wished we could have beat the Ravens this week.It makes me very happy when we do.

Archived