NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

Dallas gets another Roy Williams :blink: , but this is a great trade for the Lions. A 1st and a third round pick. I wonder what Jerry was smoking to make this deal. Roy Williams is nothing more than a possession receiver, and he has a history of not being able to take care of the football. Could he blossom with a real NFL quarterback ?.....a distinct possibility, but he does not have Moss' or Owens' speed, talent, or consistancy.

The Lions have a real shot at going 0-16, and they deserve it. I'll be rooting for 'em along the way. B)

Dallas gets another Roy Williams :blink: , but this is a great trade for the Lions. A 1st and a third round pick. I wonder what Jerry was smoking to make this deal. Roy Williams is nothing more than a possession receiver, and he has a history of not being able to take care of the football. Could he blossom with a real NFL quarterback ?.....a distinct possibility, but he does not have Moss' or Owens' speed, talent, or consistancy.

B)

That's why T.O. was so happy with this announcement - another teammate to dis as they loose more games.

That's why T.O. was so happy with this announcement - another teammate to dis as they loose more games.

Exactly. The D is playing like shit and they have no cornerbacks but in JJ's mind this adds up to needing another WR.

Obviously the plan is to outscore the opponent every week and hope for the best. With Romo out for 4-6 weeks, good luck.

And the Bills will beat the Jets who are lucky at the moment to be getting the benefit of a last place schedule.

I was suprised at how the Giants got a relatively easy schedule this season - outside of their division, that is. But the way it works these days is that any 2 teams in the same division have to play each other twice, as well as the remaining teams in that division twice, then they each play a game against all 4 teams in a common outside division, then a few common games against various teams left in all the other divisions. That only leaves a few games that any 2 teams in the same division play a different team, so I'd speculate that the "easy" or "tough" schedules go more to 1 or 2 specific divisions than let's say Jets / Bills or Eagles / Giants?

Teams that finish last or with terrible records get an easier out of division schedule the next year. Miami who had the worst and last place finish last year would avoid having to play Indy or Pittsburgh (division winners for instance) but for some reason still got San diego. I think they avoid the two teams that had the best record. Indy, but cant avoid New England because they are in the same division. As for the NFC opponents that is not influenced as all teams in one division play all teams in whatever out of conferance divisiion they are due to play. So Buffalo for instance would only play Dallas every 4 yrs. But the home field formula is differant. For some strange reason Tampa Bay plays at Buffalo next year for the first time EVER. Tampa has NEVER played at Buffalo!

wow...

About Miami... well I think they were ready to play vs. NE and SD, becuase... damn, those two game were realy good...

As for the NFC opponents that is not influenced as all teams in one division play all teams in whatever out of conferance divisiion they are due to play.

Is the AFC scheduling done differently than the NFC? It seems to me that any 2 teams in the same division (regardless of which conference) play all common teams (outside of their division), except maybe 1 or 2 games? That's not a big difference, unless the homefield advantage is somehow factored in. But it seems like it was done differently, years ago - and winning teams did get much tougher scedules the following year...

Question for you Lions fans. How is it that Detroit comes out so badly early in the game and then doesnt play so bad the rest of the game? I cant figure them out. Someone asked one of the so called experts on one of the pre game talk shows who they thought would win first, Detroit or Cincy? A wee or two ago I would have said Cincy. Now I think Detroit will. I have a hunch that they may knock off Washington at home next week.

You mean after it's 21-0 in the first quarter ? :rolleyes: Are you looking for a proportional 84-0 ? The Lions have always had the ability to drag a team down to their level. Remember, we haven't even played anybody good yet. All ten of our remaining games are against teams with at least 3 wins. Look at San Fran....they suck ass, and they still kicked ours. Schaub, Ferotte, Orton, O'Sullivan,....we make 'em all stars. No one has ever gone 0-16....but I'm telling you we can do it !

Quote of the week from Fox....."We now switch you to your local game, Detroit vs. Houston, God bless your souls."

I made a side bet with this guy who is a Redskins fan. I took Buffalo over Miami and gave him Washington against Detroit. Yes, I took the 9 point underdog Lions to win there first game head up. If they let me down, I should at least break even with Buffalo. We are going to go down there and beat the hell out of Miami.

Unbelievably, you are not alone......

Washington Redskins (5-2) at Detroit Lions (0-6)

It makes no sense, picking Dan Orlovsky to win an NFL game. But I've had pretty good luck with the upset recently -- Miami over San Diego, St. Louis over Dallas -- and I've got the Washington-taking-Detroit-lightly feel here, along with the Marinelli-making-life-miserable-for-his-losers feel. Detroit will play very hard and get a few bounces, finally.

Lions 20, Redskins 17

~ Peter King, SI

Sorry my man, but I think that San Diego is the best bet of the week. Bush is out injured. And what in the hell was that poor excuse for a game in Carolina. At least San Diego didnt get blown out in Buffalo. I still say the toughest three stadiums to play in over the last twenty years or so are Buffalo, Denver and KC. Not only because of crowd noise but also weather. I think the Chargers will roll the Saints. I have nothing against the Saints, dont get me wrong, in fact I wanted them to win as I hate Tampa. But they have underachieved big time and need help on defense. I think they can do big things in the near future but Bush getting hurt sets them back. And also having to play an explosive San Diego offense that in my opinion will shred them. I am hoping that Jackson for the Rams does the same to New England. This is another trap game for New England and Jimmy Haslett has instantly turned around the St Louid franchise. Lastly, I dont like Dallas but do feel a bit sorry for poor Wade Phillips who will be the scapegoat Im afraid.

"WHO DAT! WHO DAT!"

:P:P:P

The Saints are a complete mystery to me. One week they get blown out and the next week there offense comes to life without Bush. I still think they are going nowhere because of their defense. And they must get Bush back to be a contender.

That was the first game they should have lost, they should have been undefeted up to that point. The freakin defense needs to tighten up. If deuce hadn't had a good day we probably would have lost this one. :slapface:

Giants. Holy cow, my neighbors were going crazy.

It was a good game, if you like defensive battles. Pittsburg made some stand against the big man Jacobs right on the goal line a few times, and should have taken control of the game at that point. The safety they gave up when they were leading 14 to 12 was just what the Giants needed!

Picks - Week 9

NYJ at Buf - Buf

Det at Chi - Chi

Jac at Cin - Jac

Bal at Cle - Cle

GB at Ten - GB

TB at KC - TB

Ari at StL - Ari

Hou at Min - Min

Mia at Den - Mia

Atl at Oak - Atl

Dal at NYG - NYSmall-ones... alhtough I prefer I Tie

Phi at Sea - Phi

NE at Ind - NE

Pit at Was - Pit

what's up everybody?

The Redskins will have to be more than desperately adequate this weekend if they are to have a chance. It's a good thing they have the bye after this; in any event, though, Week 6 was a major blow to their burgeoning credibility.

Archived