NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

This guy is about 3 weeks behind me. I totally understand the "any given Sunday" rule, but I think we're going to rise above that. I've had to watch wretched football many times before, and this team is by far the worst. We tried out Daunte Culpepper this week. I was laughing so hard after I read the article, I was forcing back tears. The thought of that staple foot getting pummeled because of our offensive line might even be entertaining. Talk about getting thrown to the wolves. :slapface:

Bears fans....I must tell you that I'm totally impressed with the development of Kyle Orton. It seems every time I see the Bears he gets better. He is not flashy, but he seems to have a knack for getting the job done. He's probably already the best QB in the NFC Snorris, and he seems more sure of himself every week. You can't expect much more than that from a young QB. I see the Bears separating themselves from the rest of the North in the second half.

The Redskins will have to be more than desperately adequate this weekend if they are to have a chance. It's a good thing they have the bye after this; in any event, though, Week 6 was a major blow to their burgeoning credibility.

Pittsburgh did some job on the Giants running game, so even a great back like Portis may have trouble. Campbell will probably give up his first interception(s) against them, too - trying to force the ball to Santana Moss.

Pittsburgh did some job on the Giants running game, so even a great back like Portis may have trouble. Campbell will probably give up his first interception(s) against them, too - trying to force the ball to Santana Moss.

I think Pittsburgh can beat the Redskins. But for me, all depends one thing: QB protection... has been horrible.

The only one Ill realy argue with is New England. I think this game at Indy on turf is a nightmare for their defense. I say the Colts bounce back and beat the daylights out of New England. The miami/Denver game is a mystery. I like Pittsburgh to beat Wash too. Think Wash is overated. But all I really care about is Buffalo beating the Jets.

About Indy vs. NE... Yeah, for me is gonna be a tuff game for both. Indy as NE have a defense and an offense who aren't playing at the same level than last year for example. Manning is like he comes and go and Cassel is not Brady (oviusly). Both aren't consistent this season. And about the defense.. well, with out Sanders it seems like indy D is not the same.

Realy I pick NE because my fantasy... haha.

At least you folks in Lion's country can still wear your team jackets and jerseys proudly, as true fans - even if there's little to do but commiserate with one another. But what becomes of all the Cowboy's attire that only seems to pop up all around when they're predicted to win it all? A T.O. jersey's absorbant qualities make for a nice crying towel, or handy toilet wipe, when not able to be worn in public...

At least you folks in Lion's country can still wear your team jackets and jerseys proudly, as true fans - even if there's little to do but commiserate with one another. But what becomes of all the Cowboy's attire that only seems to pop up all around when they're predicted to win it all? A T.O. jersey's absorbant qualities make for a nice crying towel, or handy toilet wipe, when not able to be worn in public...

I've owned one Lions item in 40 years......a Johnny Morton jersey that someone got me for Christmas. Within 10 days he was traded. My good friend, who has had season tickets for over 40 years, has a Lions door mat. Every time I go over his house, I stomp on it and give it a good swift kick.

Maybe Culpepper will help them. He is going to give it his all Im sure. Someone has taken a chance on him and he will be out to prove he can play effectively. I am hoping my Bills go to New England and win one. We have lost Dante Whitner, one of our best defenders for the game but Im hoping we can get a couple of other injured players back. We can win this game. That is how the Bills are. They lose when they are supposed to win and when people give them no shot, they win as underdogs. They will show up.

WHen Charlie Batch went down, the Steelers brought in Culpepper and Leftwich for a tryout. Culpepper didn't last a day and Leftwich looked good agaisnt the Skins tonight.

The moral of the story is sound personnel decisions from top to bottom. That's what the Steelers have and the Kittens don't. Ironic that Kevin Colbert left the Lions to be the Steelers GM. I guess that he wasn't good enough for Matt Millen.

Getting rid of dumb ass Millen was a good start. And rolling the dice and giving Culpepper a shot is not bad either. After all, what do they have to lose? They can only go up, cant go down any farther. They made a game of it against Chicago. An upset of Tennessee, who is overated in my opinion, would make their season. I dont care if they are 8-0, they finally played a real team when Green Bay came in and it took OT to beat them. They are beatable. And they will lose. On to New England for my boys. They had better wake up and fast.

About Tennessee... I don't think they're overated. They have two very good RBs who, combined, give the offense speed and strength. And the Defense is not bad.

The problem that the Titans have, is their Pass game.

But I agree with you when you said that they're beatable.

Vs. NE... I see the Titans with better chances. NE: their defense isn't playing like last year and Cassel isn't Brady (oviusly). What i mean with this is that he (Matt) has a good group of WRs, but he doesn't know how to use it. The best player that they have until this moment is K.Faulk. Just my opinion...

Culpepper is going to be broken in two.....maybe three, and I can't wait to watch. Hell, he couldn't hold on to the ball when he had protection.

I'm sure nobody cared to catch this, but Dan Orlovsky was changing the plays that the coaching staff was calling. The Lions claimed the headsets were malfunctioning, but there was a player revolt against the Offensive Coordinator. Orlovsky knew Culpepper was coming in, and the Bears game would be his last chance to play.

Colletto said his headset kept cutting out and he couldn’t call plays. He didn’t say when this happened, but given Colletto’s history, I assume it was when the Lions scored 23 points in the second quarter. :)

Read between the lines....

“We ran plays I’ve never even seen before,” Colletto (Off Coord.) said, and I thought that was probably a good thing, but he seemed frustrated anyway.

Orlovsky seemed genuinely baffled when he was asked about the headset issues.

“Drew did a good job getting me some good stuff,” he said. “So we were good.”

What did Colletto mean when he said they ran plays he’d never even seen?

“I don’t know,” Orlovsky said. “You have to ask Jim. … I didn’t see it as a problem.”

Another classic....

They are the only winless team in the league and they have a quarterback controversy. I swear, sometimes I think they exist purely for the benefit of sports columnists. :D .....and fans like me. People pay good money for comedy like this. I've been getting it free for years. MAYDAY !!

Archived