The Compendium

widget

I've managed to locate Kevin Shirley's blog entry:

"There are some really cool things coming up - in December I get to record one of guitars great legends! And I've recorded Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Eric Clapton, John Petrucci, Joe Bonamassa, Brad Whitford, Neal Schon, Maiden's Three Amigos amongst many others, and I am really excited! Then I am remixing one of Classic Rock's seriously classic albums and January I'm producing what has the promise to be one of the most exciting "supergroups" to come around in a long time. But theory is just that until we see how the dynamics play out in the studio between these superb musicians. And of course the songs will make the real difference."

http://www.cavemanproductions.com/cavediary.htm

I've managed to locate Kevin Shirley's blog entry:

"There are some really cool things coming up - in December I get to record one of guitars great legends! And I've recorded Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Eric Clapton, John Petrucci, Joe Bonamassa, Brad Whitford, Neal Schon, Maiden's Three Amigos amongst many others, and I am really excited! Then I am remixing one of Classic Rock's seriously classic albums and January I'm producing what has the promise to be one of the most exciting "supergroups" to come around in a long time. But theory is just that until we see how the dynamics play out in the studio between these superb musicians. And of course the songs will make the real difference."

http://www.cavemanproductions.com/cavediary.htm

My guess given the number of guitarists involved it could possibly be a tribute album to Elvis to mark his birthday.

Again, I read the list of guitarists he'd recorded in the past as being a different point from this supergroup he's recording in January. To me it said that "I'm recording a great legend and I'm really excited, and that's coming from someone who's recorded legends like Jimmy Page, Joe Perry" etc. Then he's remixing the album, then he's producing a supergroup, who might be anyone. That's just how it read to me, anyway.

Again, I read the list of guitarists he'd recorded in the past as being a different point from this supergroup he's recording in January. To me it said that "I'm recording a great legend and I'm really excited, and that's coming from someone who's recorded legends like Jimmy Page, Joe Perry" etc. Then he's remixing the album, then he's producing a supergroup, who might be anyone. That's just how it read to me, anyway.

I get the same thing from it, but then after Clapton in the list of names I can't exactly quantify those who round out the list as legends....difficult to say what he means!

Show me where I've made such claims? What I did say is so far as I know it's quite possible the conversation Joe refers to took place back in April. Over the past 15 some odd years if Joe makes contact with Jimmy I know.

How I know is none of your concern.

Billy, anyone besides me and nearly everyone on FBO ever tell you you're really fucking annoying? Thought so.

Actually, no, Steve. It's just you and the other "experts" and "insiders" on FBO who don't like anyone raining on their parades. And that's perfectly fine with me. "How I know is none of your business" - what a great cover. Gives you license to pop off without anyone questioning your credibility. Nice one, Steve "The Fifth Element" Jones.

Love,

Billy

Actually, no, Steve. It's just you and the other "experts" and "insiders" on FBO who don't like anyone raining on their parades. And that's perfectly fine with me. "How I know is none of your business" - what a great cover. Gives you license to pop off without anyone questioning your credibility. Nice one, Steve "The Fifth Element" Jones.

Love,

Billy

Question my credibility with every post I make but my state of being accurate remains undeniable.

A review of BillyMacQ's post history proves he is a TROLL by definition.

No probs. Just saw a recent report on Steve Sauer's website. Kevin Shirley has allegedly dropped "hints" something is going on with Joe Perry, Jimmy Page et al on a possible "supergroup" recording project for a January release. See:

http://lemonsqueezin...d-in-multi.html

Meg

Speculation on Jimmy Page supergroup unfounded

By Steve Sauer, www.LedZeppelinNews.com

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Yesterday's LedZeppelinNews.com post relating to a possible project with Jimmy Page was unfounded, the result of a misinterpretation. Kevin Shirley has clarified that the list of guitarists he has recorded -- Page, Clapton, Perry, Whitford, the three amigos of Iron Maiden, and all the rest -- is a record of his lifetime achievement, not a list of people he has had in the studio recently, especially not together (imagine that many guitarists plugged in, outside of a jam at a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

LedZeppelinNews.com approached Shirley for clarification too late, after not only having posted its own misinterpretation of his comments but after other music sites began speculating on a Page/Clapton/Perry/Whitford supergroup or even a Yardbirds reunion. Some sites listed Lemon Squeezings as the source of such speculation.

In particular, Mog made it seem as though Shirley had said in his diary Page, Clapton, Perry and Whitford were going to be in a supergroup. Shirley responded on that site, saying:

And Michael Schumacher will drive the bus... Gordon Ramsey will cater and Spielberg will do the video!!!

It's pretty silly to read between the lines, but I guess it adds hits to the page.

After this, Shirley clarified in an e-mail to LedZeppelinNews.com today:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the mail.

Unfortunately, it's a misread -- all I said was I am recording a legend (and I have done plenty in the past), and this guy is seriously thrilling!

The Page/Zep thing is not what it is.

There is a supergroup -- there is a classic rock remix, but the speculation is all misguided.

I don't forsee [sic] any future Led Zep related projects, but who knows.

More in the fullness of time.

Thanks again for writing. All the best,

KS

Show me where I've made such claims? What I did say is so far as I know it's quite possible the conversation Joe refers to took place back in April. Over the past 15 some odd years if Joe makes contact with Jimmy I know.

How I know is none of your concern.

Billy, anyone besides me and nearly everyone on FBO ever tell you you're really fucking annoying? Thought so.

Billy has raised a legitimate question. You expect people to believe you but you refuse to provide how you obtained your information. Since you live in America, and Jimmy lives in England, I am skeptical of your claims of knowing who Jimmy talks to myself.

Billy just raises a stink then leaves and has done so in various forums for at least ten years now. I could explain

further but I won't waste more time discussing someone who doesn't matter to me. You are fully entitled to form

your own opinions, I wish to point out some of your assumptions are incorrect. The bottom line here is I am right

again - see the retraction issued earlier today by producer Kevin Shirley for further details.

"Right again." Gimme a break. There's no connection whatsoever between you claiming to know where or when Jimmy Page and Joe Perry converse, and Kevin Shirley's clarification of his diary entry. I spoke to the Perry camp yesterday. None of them have ever heard of you. And we all know the Page (and Plant) camp views you as a borderline stalker who is best avoided/ignored so you can't be getting your info from that source.

But do keep reading Ross Halfin's diary and regurgitating those inside scoops here as if it all came straight from The Dark Lord himself. I also love the way you and Steve the Lemming stay on top of your Google and Yahoo alerts to make it seem like you've got the inside track on all the latest news. Well done, but some of us aren't fooled.

You and Steve are first rate compilers and aggregators, I will give you that. Tip o' the cap.

Love,

Billy

"Right again." Gimme a break. There's no connection whatsoever between you claiming to know where or when Jimmy Page and Joe Perry converse, and Kevin Shirley's clarification of his diary entry. I spoke to the Perry camp yesterday. None of them have ever heard of you. And we all know the Page (and Plant) camp views you as a borderline stalker who is best avoided/ignored so you can't be getting your info from that source.

But do keep reading Ross Halfin's diary and regurgitating those inside scoops here as if it all came straight from The Dark Lord himself. I also love the way you and Steve the Lemming stay on top of your Google and Yahoo alerts to make it seem like you've got the inside track on all the latest news. Well done, but some of us aren't fooled.

You and Steve are first rate compilers and aggregators, I will give you that. Tip o' the cap.

Love,

Billy

Billy, I don't know you, and it looks like you are not on the forum that often. I am not judging you by no means, but there are a few people on this forum who contribute a lot of great information. They usually post where they recieved the info from.

IMHO, we are here to discuss the music, learn a few things and have some fun. The bashing should be done privately in my opinion. :peace:

I spoke to the Perry camp yesterday. None of them have ever heard of you. And we all know the Page (and Plant) camp views you as a borderline stalker who is best avoided/ignored so you can't be getting your info from that source.

Love,

Billy

Sure it was not the Fred Perry camp you spoke to Billy!!!!. Oh I do get your point by the way :D

Deborah,

Fair enough. I'll try to be nice. Just giving folks a heads-up about these alleged and self-proclaimed "experts" and "insiders." Conveniently, both have the same first name. Life is so easy sometimes.

Caveat emptor! Away!

Love,

Billy

Steve,

Jousting with you is tantamount to shooting fish in a barrel so in deference to the fair Deborah....

Back to the topic at hand. Stands to reason Jimmy and Joe might do something together in the next year or so while Steven Tyler's off collaborating with the likes of Toby Keith...

Love,

Billy

Not only that, but copying and pasting content from websites without any attribution, such as wikipedia, is hardly scholarly. I can understand why he won't write a book - he would be sued for plagiarism if he formerly publishes, doing what he does on these fora.

No assumptions at all. I know you live in New York, and it's a fact Jimmy lives in England. That's hardly an assumption on my part.

So just to recap I'm a borderline stalker who could actually be Steve Sauer in disguise and I live in New York.

Rubbish! To paraphrase the late, great Peter Grant, "I'd do better to put you on ignore anytime".

dry.gif

Not only that, but copying and pasting content from websites without any attribution, such as wikipedia, is hardly scholarly. I can understand why he won't write a book - he would be sued for plagiarism if he formerly publishes, doing what he does on these fora.

Perhaps you should all form an anti-SAJ support group? Seriously, I don't care what you think. Get back on topic.

Archived