The Compendium

widget

I brought you some silver, I brought a little gold, I brought a little of everything to keep you from the gallows pole. :stereo:

What the hell happened to good old panning for gold?

Everyone is always looking for an easy way out,right from the start. ;)

In addition there is an interview with Jimmy Page in ZigZag magazine (#27) in which he talks about the weeks after July 1968, when Dreja and himself played their last gig with Relf and McCarty.

Meg

I finally managed to get a hold of NME dated July 13, 1968. On page 8 reads: "Yardbirds Break In Two", which discusses Dreja and Page forming a new line-up with Scandinavian dates. My only conclusion to this news is that there must have been an announcement during the week, following the July 6 edition. I am following up other papers.

Meg

Alice, have you seen the book Led Zeppelin Revealed? There is a lovely shot of Charlotte in there.

Meg

Thank you Steve and Meg!

The hats both girls wear are almost seen the same to me.

And blonde long hair too.... :)

Alice, have you seen the book Led Zeppelin Revealed? There is a lovely shot of Charlotte in there.

Meg

Thank you very much for info, Meg!

That book seems not to have arrived at my country yet.

It is very valuable (for me) because her pics are not so many.

I immediately have to reserve it in Amazon.

It's by Jason Draper and published by Metro Books (ISBN 9781435109131)

Meg

Thank you very much for info, Meg!

That book seems not to have arrived at my country yet.

It is very valuable (for me) because her pics are not so many.

I immediately have to reserve it in Amazon.

• 1 month later...

Alice, did the book arrive?

I read somewhere (I can't recall the source of hand) that she may have seen (but not met) Jimmy earlier at Newcastle's The Mayfair. This is the gig where Led Zeppelin were billed as "The Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Paige" (sic.).

YardbirdsJimmy.jpg

Meg

It's by Jason Draper and published by Metro Books (ISBN 9781435109131)

Meg

Alice, did the book arrive?

I read somewhere (I can't recall the source of hand) that she may have seen (but not met) Jimmy earlier at Newcastle's The Mayfair. This is the gig where Led Zeppelin were billed as "The Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Paige" (sic.).

YardbirdsJimmy.jpg

Meg

Thank you Meg.

But,I've not received an E-mail that informs of arrival of goods from Amazon.co.jp yet.

I wonder if this book will be put on the market in my country.

I want to wait for it patiently.

I think Charlotte accompanied Eric everywhere while they were together.

I've read in London Pop and Rock site(now it seems to be deleted) that Eric and Charlotte went to Royal Albert Hall to see Led Zeppelin at the end of June in 1969.

• 2 weeks later...
Alice, I've come across this pic of a Beatles session June 25, 1967 for "All You Need Is Love". Apparently the girl on the left is Charlotte. Being a Charlotte expert, do you think so?

charlottem.jpg

Meg

It seems that pic was captured from this movie.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxTpsIVzzo&...feature=related

Yes,that girl is apparently Charlotte.This is an another picture of the same day.

Unfortunately she is back to the camera.A lot of beautiful girls at that time participated in this event. Kim Moon, Pattie Boyd,Jean Shrimpton,Jane Asher,Marianne Faithfull etc...

515758_large.jpg

That looks like it was taken at the Visions of Dylan: Private View exhibition in 2007. Jimmy is grandad to Martha Alice who was born shortly after that pic was taken, on 8 October 2007. Scarlet is not married to Tom. I've always thought he was English but haven't seen any further infomation in that regard.

Meg

The man next to Scarlet is Tom Brown who is Jimmy Page's son in law.

This couple presented his first grandchild to Jimmy in 2007.

However I don't know about him at all. Is Tom an Englishman?

Thank you Meg. You know everything well.

The other day I confirmed the elderly French lady who corresponded to this.

(She was not Charlotte)

Her name isn't known,but whenever Jimmy went to Japan,she accompanied him(in 2003,2004,last year too).It is thought that she is a Jimmy's personal assistant rather than a manager.

The person who saw her said that she looked like 'M' of 007 (the role of Judi Dench). B)

All grey and very short hair,and an able person...

Does Jimmy have an elderly female manager recently?

Jimmy visited Japan this January to promote 'Mothership'etc.

It was said that he took an elderly woman who was his manager.

The disk jockey of the radio who interviewed Jimmy said that the manager was the French.

Does anyone know about his manager?

Thank you but I believe you know more than me B)

Thank you Meg. You know everything well.

The other day I confirmed the elderly French lady who corresponded to this.

(She was not Charlotte)

Her name isn't known,but whenever Jimmy went to Japan,she accompanied him(in 2003,2004,last year too).It is thought that she is a Jimmy's personal assistant rather than a manager.

The person who saw her said that she looked like 'M' of 007 (the role of Judi Dench). B)

All grey and very short hair,and an able person...

0000247294-21824L.jpg

The man next to Scarlet is Tom Brown who is Jimmy Page's son in law.

This couple presented his first grandchild to Jimmy in 2007.

However I don't know about him at all. Is Tom an Englishman?

I thought they were not married from I what I read, unless they are now.

I thought they were not married from I what I read, unless they are now.

Thank you aen27. I found this article.

They seem certainly not to be married. I also don't understand now.

However, Tom must be one of Jimmy's family. I envy him. -_-

Robertuncut2007002.jpg

From my understanding, Tom met Scarlet through his association with Ross Halfin.

Meg

Thank you aen27. I found this article.

They seem certainly not to be married. I also don't understand now.

However, Tom must be one of Jimmy's family. I envy him. -_-

Robertuncut2007002.jpg

From my understanding, Tom met Scarlet through his association with Ross Halfin.

Meg

Yes Meg,maybe you are right.

From Ross's diary, November 9 ,2006.

''I spent most of the evening talking to Scarlet Page and her friend Tom.''

It is sure that they are all in the same circle. I guess Jimmy also sometimes would join them. ^_^

Silver Clef Awards aftershow party in New York on 17th November 1988.

Meg

Here's one for ya...

Interesting picture...can't seem to find a time or place where Neil, Robert and an accordian did time...

anyone ? Or is it a very good fake ?

22bn7.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have managed to get confirmation from the BBC archive that Jimmy Page appeared on Huw Wheldon's All Your Own, with JG's Skiffle Group on Sunday 6 April 1958. The show was broadcast in the afternoon after 5pm. A number of websites have incorrectly listed 1956 and 1957 as the broadcast dates. Wheldon kept a guest book and asked performers to sign it, so undoubtedly this book would contain the earliest known 'autograph' of Jimmy. Both Jimmy and the band stayed after the performance in the BBC guest room for tea.

Meg

I have managed to get confirmation from the BBC archive that Jimmy Page appeared on Huw Wheldon's All Your Own, with JG's Skiffle Group on Sunday 6 April 1958. The show was broadcast in the afternoon after 5pm. A number of websites have incorrectly listed 1956 and 1957 as the broadcast dates. Wheldon kept a guest book and asked performers to sign it, so undoubtedly this book would contain the earliest known 'autograph' of Jimmy. Both Jimmy and the band stayed after the performance in the BBC guest room for tea.

Meg

Outstanding! Just to clarify, did they say the performance was recorded 4/6/58 and aired that same afternoon at 5pm?

Archived