The Compendium

widget

Apparently, on June 3rd they had a studio session at Columbia Studios in New York where they worked on 'My Baby', 'Tangerine', 'Spanish Blood' and an unidentified track.

According to the "Cumular Limit" liner notes, these sessions took place on April 3-5, 1968. The 4/3 session consisted of "Taking A Hold On Me" and an instrumental prototype of "Avron Knows". The 4/4 session consisted of "Spanish Blood" and "Knowing That I'm Losing You" (aka Tangerine). The 4/5 session consisted of "My Baby" and the released version of "Avron Knows."

According to the "Cumular Limit" liner notes, these sessions took place on April 3-5, 1968. The 4/3 session consisted of "Taking A Hold On Me" and an instrumental prototype of "Avron Knows". The 4/4 session consisted of "Spanish Blood" and "Knowing That I'm Losing You" (aka Tangerine). The 4/5 session consisted of "My Baby" and the released version of "Avron Knows."

Did an early pressing of Cumular Limit have "Knowing That I'm Losing You" on it? Mine doesn't have it and I bought it just about when it was released.

Did an early pressing of Cumular Limit have "Knowing That I'm Losing You" on it? Mine doesn't have it and I bought it just about when it was released.

Contrary to popular belief, the song was NEVER included on any official pressings of Cumular Limit (this was confirmed to me by one of the record execs at New Millenium Communications). The song had been submitted to the label, but they removed it from the CD before it ever got to the pressing plants.

According to the "Cumular Limit" liner notes, these sessions took place on April 3-5, 1968.

I may have committed a typo. I should have said the session was on June 2nd. In the book 'Yardbirds The Ultimate Rave-Up' 3rd edition author Greg Russo says the band

took a greyhound bus from New York to Montgomery, AL the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Jimmy have an elderly female manager recently?

Jimmy visited Japan this January to promote 'Mothership'etc.

It was said that he took an elderly woman who was his manager.

The disk jockey of the radio who interviewed Jimmy said that the manager was the French.

Does anyone know about his manager?

Peter Mensch of Q Prime Management

Is that person an elderly woman? :lol:

The DJ(young mixed blood woman in Japan-France) said that ''Jimmy's manager was the French and she pointed out that I spoke English by the French accent.''

Perhaps the DJ is confused or is she implying the person in question was Charlotte Martin?

Is that person an elderly woman? :lol:

The DJ(young mixed blood woman in Japan-France) said that ''Jimmy's manager was the French and she pointed out that I spoke English by the French accent.''

Outrider

"Oh Thou Outrider of the Sun, that spurrest the bloody flanks of the wind! I adore Thee, Evoe! I adore Thee, IAO!" [p.27 of Aleister Crowley's 'Diary of a Drug Fiend']. IAO stands for Isis, Apophis, and Osiris... Egyptian gods].

Liquid Mercury

Most Alchemists considered mercury as the First Matter from which all metals were formed. They believed that different metals could be produced by varying the quality and quantity of sulfur contained within the mercury. The purest of these was gold, and mercury was required for the transmutation of base (or impure) metals into gold as was the goal of many alchemists.

Perhaps the DJ is confused or is she implying the person in question was Charlotte Martin?

That elderly woman was witnessed also in the bootleg shop in Tokyo with Jimmy.

The Japanese ZEP fan wrote the information in the bulletin board.

Outrider

"Oh Thou Outrider of the Sun, that spurrest the bloody flanks of the wind! I adore Thee, Evoe! I adore Thee, IAO!" [p.27 of Aleister Crowley's 'Diary of a Drug Fiend']. IAO stands for Isis, Apophis, and Osiris... Egyptian gods].

Liquid Mercury

Most Alchemists considered mercury as the First Matter from which all metals were formed. They believed that different metals could be produced by varying the quality and quantity of sulfur contained within the mercury. The purest of these was gold, and mercury was required for the transmutation of base (or impure) metals into gold as was the goal of many alchemists.

Very interesting Steve. So how would you tie this altogether on what was Jimmy trying to accomplish and say with the Outrider album?

Very interesting Steve. So how would you tie this altogether on what was Jimmy trying to accomplish and say with the Outrider album?

I'd say he was acknowledging how he saw himself as a solo artist and affirming a belief his new music possessed some of the same alchemical qualities as the old.

I was reading an interview Jimmy had with the New Musical Express in May 1975. Apparently (then) he was going to write a biography on Crowley. I wonder what happened to it?

Meg

Around the same time he began reprinting some of Crowley's works thru the publishing arm of Equinox so he may have decided that was time better spent than writing a bio.

Liquid Mercury

Mercury/quicksilver is often used metaphorically in alchemical writings, and in writings of those familiar with alchemy (including people like Shakespeare and Ben Jonson), to symbolize the process of transformation, the crossing of boundaries, and therefore "not playing by the rules." The Roman god Mercurius, who also appears in later variations as Hermes, the psychopomp, and variations of whom can be found in many mythologies, also stands for the force of metamorphosis or transformation. Jung has a lot to say about all this.

If you're interested.

Mercury/quicksilver is often used metaphorically in alchemical writings, and in writings of those familiar with alchemy (including people like Shakespeare and Ben Jonson), to symbolize the process of transformation, the crossing of boundaries, and therefore "not playing by the rules." The Roman god Mercurius, who also appears in later variations as Hermes, the psychopomp, and variations of whom can be found in many mythologies, also stands for the force of metamorphosis or transformation. Jung has a lot to say about all this.

If you're interested.

Say what,Bubba? :slapface:

Archived