The Compendium

widget

Does the BBC archive actually list them as "JG's Skiffle Group", or is that based on what Jimmy calls the band in the video?

I must admit that I'm surprised by the date of the appearance, considering that Jimmy looks so young. And the two songs they chose to perform had been hits in England in the spring of 1957. But I guess there's no arguing with the BBC.

Does the BBC archive actually list them as "JG's Skiffle Group", or is that based on what Jimmy calls the band in the video?

I must admit that I'm surprised by the date of the appearance, considering that Jimmy looks so young. And the two songs they chose to perform had been hits in England in the spring of 1957. But I guess there's no arguing with the BBC.

Jimmy's chum David Hampson is one of the others in the group.

'Led Zeppelin: Good Times, Bad Times A Visual Biography Due'

"Led Zeppelin: Good Times, Bad Times, A Visual Biography of the

Ultimate Band [Abrams; October 2009; hardcover], by Jerry Prochnicky

and Ralph Hulett, with a foreword by Anthony DeCurtis, captures the

public and private lives of the legendary band through rare and iconic

photographs, accompanied by insightful commentary. The book arrives in

the 40th anniversary year of the group’s first two albums, Led

Zeppelin I and Led Zeppelin II, as well as their first four U.S.

tours."

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/55062/led-zeppelin-good-times-bad-times-a-visual-biography-due.html

Since you ridiculously claimed to me to be the real Jimmy Page, I don't think you should be demanding anything from me.

Posts #75 & #76 to this thread have gone unanswered. The favor of a reply is requested.

You're no loss believe me. :D Most of your stuff is ripped off other websites anyway. Copying whole text and pasting it to ledzeppelin.com is a blatant breach of copyright.

Have made no such claim and a request is not a demand. You've just made my permanent ignore list. wave.gif

Since you ridiculously claimed to me to be the real Jimmy Page, I don't think you should be demanding anything from me.

Wait, I'm a little confused. Was the claim itself ridiculous? Or was Steve acting ridiculous while making an otherwise non-ridiculous claim?

Straight-forward questions here lead only to Meg Ireland derailments. I can't be bothered with it.

Obviously there's some tension between you. I'll just duck out and hide in the Musician's Corner! Gibson Custom has to have some new thing coming out I can drool about! I'll check in later. :beer:

Obviously there's some tension between you. I'll just duck out and hide in the Musician's Corner! Gibson Custom has to have some new thing coming out I can drool about! I'll check in later. beer.gif

No tension on my part. She made some good posts in the past but I just can't be bothered with her derailments any longer. The internet attracts all kinds, some more stable than others.

In addition there is an interview with Jimmy Page in ZigZag magazine (#27) in which he talks about the weeks after July 1968, when Dreja and himself played their last gig with Relf and McCarty.

The 7/7/68 Luton gig is oft-repeated, but so far as I know has never been substantiated.

Peter Grant did not recall it taking place.

If you're going to accuse a person of being 'unstable', I would be careful if I was you. The last time someone on ledzeppelin.com accused someone else of being 'unstable' they ended up being banned. I should also point out that impersonating a member of Led Zeppelin on this forum is a bannable offence.

No tension on my part. She made some good posts in the past but I just can't be bothered with her derailments any longer. The internet attracts all kinds, some more stable than others.

Well, I've certainly had my moments! Hope this isn't one of them! Oops! Someone's gotta clean that up! Yep, that's gonna leave a stain. Stupid small table! Fucking beer everywhere. Dammit!

Sorry, guess I'm derailing too. Beer between my toes. Man!!!

I thought you announced you weren't going to post here anymore? Hilarious... Please do take your own advice and don't *LOL* :D

The 7/7/68 Luton gig is oft-repeated, but so far as I know has never been substantiated.

Peter Grant did not recall it taking place.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived