The Compendium

widget

Boy they left that kinda vague...outstanding contribution to what exactly ? music ? humanitarian efforts ? soccer aka football? qthemusic.com has no details

Interesting, because when I read it, it was stated very clearly as "the Q Outstanding Contribution To Music".

read here

To perpetuate the die-hards notion that The Yardbirds still had a following in England.

I'm not saying he made it up, just saying I'd be very interested to know what source(s) he used for substantiation as I have never seen any physical evidence to suggest they did perform in Luton on 7/7/68.

This from Gary Davies (transcription of a December 1972 Page interview with Pete Frame for Zig Zag Magazine):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Frame: "so you finally packed up after a gig at Luton College of Technology, I remember that because I was living in Luton at the time...and that was about August 68...I can't find the date.....". Page doesn't acknowledge the date, he just starts talking about Relf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inconclusive but interesting. They did play the Luton College of Technology on March 16, 1968, adding to the confusion.

This from Gary Davies (transcription of a December 1972 Page interview with Pete Frame for Zig Zag Magazine):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Frame: "so you finally packed up after a gig at Luton College of Technology, I remember that because I was living in Luton at the time...and that was about August 68...I can't find the date.....". Page doesn't acknowledge the date, he just starts talking about Relf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inconclusive but interesting. They did play the Luton College of Technology on March 16, 1968, adding to the confusion.

That is completely false. Nowhere could I find Davies alleged statements matching anything from that issue.

Here is however the *EXACT* word-for-word transcript from that interview, on page 3 of the article entitled "Getting to the Bottom of the Page" in Zigzag, Volume 1, Issue 27, December 1972:

ZZ: The Yardbirds fell apart in July '68 after a last gig at Luton College of Technology. Relf and McCarty wanted to pack it in, right?

JP: Yes, over the months before the break, Relf, particularly, and McCarty had been talking about starting up a new scene.

Saying 'yes' is different to 'doesn't acknowledge'.

I have that named issue of Zigzag sitting right in front of me, complete, from my archive, with that 4 page interview. Wonder what other 'spins' Davies has inflicted upon his readers.

Meg

That is completely false. Nowhere could I find Davies alleged statements matching anything from that issue.

Here is however the *EXACT* word-for-word transcript from that interview, on page 3 of the article entitled "Getting to the Bottom of the Page" in Zigzag, Volume 1, Issue 27, December 1972:

ZZ: The Yardbirds fell apart in July '68 after a last gig at Luton College of Technology. Relf and McCarty wanted to pack it in, right?

JP: Yes, over the months before the break, Relf, particularly, and McCarty had been talking about starting up a new scene.

Saying 'yes' is different to 'doesn't acknowledge'.

I have that named issue of Zigzag sitting right in front of me, complete, from my archive, with that 4 page interview. Wonder what other 'spins' Davies has inflicted upon his readers.

Meg

Gary and I are not using the printed interview, rather Frame's audiotapes of it.

December 1972 audiotaped interview for 'Zig Zag' magazine all mastered up and split into tracks as follows:-

Part 1

01 - Early Everly Bros Session & Neil Christian

02 - Session Work For The Kinks & The Who

03 - Recommeding Jeff Beck For The Yardbirds

04 - Sessions Days & Jimmy's Les Paul

05 - Bert Jansch's Influence

06 - The Sitar & Davy Graham

07 - Jimmy The Taper

08 - Fontana Recording

09 - Beck's Bolero

010 - Beck Gets Kicked Out Of The Yardbirds

011 - Immediate Blues Anthology

012 - Jimmy joining the Yardbirds

013 - Yardbirds Tour and Playing Dual Lead

014 - Working With Jeff Beck in The Studio

015 - Little Games

016 - Live At The Anderson Theatre

017 - Luton Tech and Beck The Wild Animal

018 - Formation Of The New Yardbirds

Part 2

01 - A Possible Yardbirds Reunion

02 - Beck The Megalomaniac

03 - Auditioning Robert Plant

04 - Band Name Suggestions

05 - Recording The First Zeppelin Album

06 - Working With Glynn Johns

07 - The Zeppelin Image

08 - Who Is This Baldwin Character

09 - Trouble With You Need Love

010 - The Lemon Song

011 - Going To Wales & Unreleased Yardbirds

012 - Do What Thou Wilt Inscription

013 - Robert's Lyric Writing

014 - The Spontaneity Of Rock And Roll

015 - Writing & Recording Stairway To Heaven

016 - Gallows Pole And The Fred Gerlach Connection

017 - Negative Press and Supershow

Part 3

01 - Alexandra Palace & Press Hatchet Jobs

02 - Spirit & kaleidoscope

03 - Shattered By Bad Press

04 - Dick Clark Caravan of Stars

05 - Musical Pressures & The Next Album

06 - Home Studio & Lucifer Rising

07 - Recreational Listening

08 - Tear Gas in Milan

09 - Adventures in Australia, New Zealand & India

010 - A Fifth Member

011 - Long Hand Job

012 - Zacron and The Volvelle

013 - Runes, Symbols & Setting a Precedent

Gary and I are not using the printed interview, rather Frame's audiotapes of it.

I find that hard to believe. Do you honestly expect me to believe your 'transcript' when the printed Zigzag interview is in front of me, and so different? I know which I would trust, and that's something that tangable and real, published, and in my hands.

Meg

I find that hard to believe. Do you honestly expect me to believe your 'transcript' when the printed Zigzag interview is in front of me, and so different? I know which I would trust, and that's something that tangable and real, published, and in my hands.

Meg

Meg, what's gotten into you? Surely you must realize an interview in print is not necessarily the interview as originally conducted? Regardless, Frame's original tapes will be made available to all for free download soon and I've provided the index above. Your welcome.

I have Pete Frame's personal email address from my previous discussions with him. I intend making enquiries on this alleged interview tape.

If you wait a week I'll PM you the free download link. Do you really doubt Frame taped it or that I have it? C'mon Meg.

The Tale of The Tape: Alternate Vancouver 1970 Discovered

http://forums.ledzep...ancouver-32170/

Meg

Yeah Steve,

don't ya know that the printed Dave Schulps Trouser Press interview is also exactly the same as the actual taped interviews?!?!?! I have the printed interview in front of me Steve and it is an exact word word transcript of the full 5+ hours interview that I so lovingly digitized for you... :P

Sheesh Steve :rolleyes: , if it's in print it has to be true!

If you wait a week I'll PM you the free download link. Do you really doubt Frame taped it or that I have it? C'mon Meg.

The Tale of The Tape: Alternate Vancouver 1970 Discovered

http://forums.ledzep...ancouver-32170/

I like this forum...but every time I visit it seems that you two are throwing stones at each other! Play nice!

Yeah Steve,

don't ya know that the printed Dave Schulps Trouser Press interview is also exactly the same as the actual taped interviews?!?!?! I have the printed interview in front of me Steve and it is an exact word word transcript of the full 5+ hours interview that I so lovingly digitized for you... tongue.gif

Sheesh Steve rolleyes.gif , if it's in print it has to be true!

Oh yes, the Shulps tapes from '77. A 5 1/2 hour interview recorded over three days. You did remaster those for me, as well as the Vancouver '70 alt source and so much more. I'm proud to say everything was subsequently made available online for free so what's puzzling me is why Meg thinks I'm a bullshit artist when it comes to these Pete Frame tapes.

Archived