The Compendium

widget

Robert Plant is to join Francis Dunnery for a perfomance at Dunnery's end of tour party at the Walls Restaurant in Oswestry:

http://www.francisdu...y.com/news.html

1996 Francis Dunnery Interview with Laz Pujols

LAZ: You performed at The House of Blues this past New Year's Eve. What was it like being back in LA on the same Sunset Strip where you were a couple of years back, destroying your life, smoking crack, and God knows what? How did it feel being back there as a new and improved, healthy and positive, Francis Dunnery singing words of hope and delight?

FRANCIS: Good questions you're asking, very good questions. The first time I was back in L.A. since my sobriety (1993), I arrived with Robert Plant on a private Lear jet, had a limousine pick me up on the tarmac which took me straight to the Four Seasons Hotel. I was thinking at that time that the last time I was driving down this street, I was a crack head, I lost my house, I lost my marriage, I lost all my money, my dignity. I was bankrupt financially, emotionally, and spiritually. I felt like fucking Caesar coming back into Rome. It was fantastic! Three years ago the world was full of fucking assholes, but I can't find one now. It's not the world that changes, I'll tell you that right now.

LAZ: Was it because three years ago you were looking for those assholes?

FRANCIS: Perception changes. What happens is the energy around your body is dependent on how you feel about yourself. That energy pulls toward you the same type of energy as what you've got. Jesus said blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy. He meant blessed are the frustrated for they will receive frustration. I mean if you want to be understood, understand somebody. If you say I'm going to give a gift of fifty dollars to someone. When you receive a check from the tax man for four hundred dollars and you don't even know why? 'Great fucking coincidence'. Become aware. I'm not very religious but I do believe coincidences are God's way of being anonymous.

Strange coincidence. While looking on Amazon.com for any new Led Zeppelin and related publications, I came across an author called Jim Page (not the same as our Jimmy). He's written a book called "Deserts" (Extreme Habitats):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1846965004/

Note the cover:

51fe9FLaZWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

It's the same Monument Valley butte, used on the DVD cover:

LZdvd2003.jpg

Meg

Strange coincidence. While looking on Amazon.com for any new Led Zeppelin and related publications, I came across an author called Jim Page (not the same as our Jimmy). He's written a book called "Deserts" (Extreme Habitats):

http://www.amazon.co...uct/1846965004/

Note the cover:

51fe9FLaZWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

It's the same Monument Valley butte, used on the DVD cover:

LZdvd2003.jpg

Meg

Monument Valley is part of the Great Basin Desert; interesting coinicidence about Jim Page.

The fantastic buttes and mesas, which are shaded red, are all that remain of the layers upon layers of sandstone that at one time covered the whole region. Over time, erosion created its present-day appearance, which has been described as resembling other planets due to its eerie look.

trails.com/list_1201_facts-monument-valley.html

The buttes are clearly stratified, with three principal layers. The lowest layer is Organ Rock shale, the middle de Chelly sandstone and the top layer is Moenkopi shale capped by Shinarump siltstone.

source: wiki

This from Andy Taylor (Duran Duran, Power Station) concerning a lunch conversation with Robert:

He had just bought a house here in Ibiza and we were having lunch after the big Led Zeppelin reunion and there was all that speculation and he told me, “I’m not gonna do a tour.” He said, “The only way I’d do it now

is if they would have a gig on Mount Sinai and the Israelis and the Palestinians would all come and have a big party.”

This from Andy Taylor (Duran Duran, Power Station) concerning a lunch conversation with Robert:

He had just bought a house here in Ibiza and we were having lunch after the big Led Zeppelin reunion and there was all that speculation and he told me, “I’m not gonna do a tour.” He said, “The only way I’d do it now

is if they would have a gig on Mount Sinai and the Israelis and the Palestinians would all come and have a big party.”

Ah, yes. After Plant and friends blocked that beautiful sunset. I can't see that gig on Mount Sinai happening anytime soon, but a new double album with his former bandmates and Jason would be suit me just fine. It could be sold exclusively at Wal Mart or found only in boxes of Breeze.

Ah, yes. After Plant and friends blocked that beautiful sunset. I can't see that gig on Mount Sinai happening anytime soon, but a new double album with his former bandmates and Jason would be suit me just fine. It could be sold exclusively at Wal Mart or found only in boxes of Breeze.

The sunset incident was around the time of his 60th birthday in August 2008 but the conversation with Andy over lunch was several months prior to that.

60thBirthdayIbiza.jpg

Robert Plant, Ibiza, August 2008

After 40 years apart, Fleur De Lys is set to reform and play at the 100 Club on Wednesday (11 November), and also release a recording of 'Wait for Me'. Jimmy Page sessioned with them during the 1960s, producing and performing on a number of tracks.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/doncaster/Dan-to-play-again-with.5806264.jp

"Wait For Me" was supposed to be the B-side of the band's debut single (which Jimmy produced). However, Jimmy and Andrew Oldham decided to replace the song with a previously-recorded instrumental which didn't even feature any members of Les Fleur de Lys. That way Page and Oldham could make some extra money on the royalties.

is the original recording of "Wait For Me".

FRANCIS: The first time I was back in L.A. since my sobriety (1993), I arrived with Robert Plant on a private Lear jet, had a limousine pick me up on the tarmac which took me straight to the Four Seasons Hotel. I was thinking at that time that the last time I was driving down this street, I was a crack head, I lost my house, I lost my marriage, I lost all my money, my dignity. I was bankrupt financially, emotionally, and spiritually. I felt like fucking Caesar coming back into Rome. It was fantastic! Three years ago the world was full of fucking assholes, but I can't find one now. It's not the world that changes, I'll tell you that right now.

^^^

The poet William Blake (1757-1827) put it this way: "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."

Billboard has announced it's changing it 200 chart rules to include catalog albums, from 5 December 2009. Under existing rules Led Zeppelin's first ten albums if reissued, could only chart on the Comprehensive Albums Chart, Top Pop Catalog Albums, and Top Comprehensive Albums.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i603a2426afda5aaafb64750aacecd192

Meg

Yes, Robert lived here circa '81-'84 while working on his first two solo albums at nearby Rockfield Studios.

This place looks beautiful..

Lucky couple! From the article---They have already made inquiries about a £1million beach home on the Caribbean island, where they will renew their wedding vows in the New Year. Unemployed trucker Les, who is 59 today, and Samantha, 38

I might make inquires if they are on the Caribbean island I work for.

Do you remember if he simply stayed in Rockfield Studios accomodations during the Pictures at Eleven album sessions? That would have been circa September '81 until December '81. Cheers for the clarification.

I believe he did. The house in Monmouth was his new home after his divorce and leaving Jennings Farm, but he moved back to the Worcs area in early 87, after the dust had settled. ;)

Archived