Peter Frampton opens for Jethro Tull at the Mann 8/8/08

Wolfman

Philadelphia, PA

FANTASTIC concert last night. First off, I was never a huge Frampton fan till last night. This guy is AMAZING. I've seen a lot of legends and PF is up there with them all. Did an hour setlist of most of his hits plus he did an instrutmental BLACK HOLE SUN ( a tribute to Chris Cornell) and WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLEY WEEPS. His band was great too. By far, one of the very best opening acts ever!

Jethro Tull soon came out afterwards and did a great setlist too. One of the very cool things is that they added a string section consisting of some talented college girls. It gave a lot of the songs a classical music sound to them. Very cool videos playing too.

My Sunday Feeling, Serenade To A Cuckoo, Nursie, A Song For Jeffrey, Sossity You're A Woman/Reasons For Waiting, Too Old To Rock'N'Roll..., Farm On The Freeway, Bourée, A New Day Yesterday (incl. Kelpie), For A Thousand Mothers, We Used To Know/With You There To Help Me, Dharma For One (incl. drum solo & Count The Chickens), Heavy Horses, Thick As A Brick, Aqualung, Locomotive Breath

Archived