Random Picutre Thread

Atlas

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Nice garage man cave! 

Thanks Walter! They are completely restored 1976 Infinity QLS-1 speakers, 17 drivers per, in rosewood, powered by two 1975 McIntosh MC2200's "strapped" for 400 watts per side, plus a 1500 watt Martin Logan Depth i subwoofer. Careful room treatments and set up have yielded a smooth response from subsonic (~18Hz) to 32kHz. 

Here's the rack: Oppo CDP-105, 2T hard drive full of FLACs of 70's rock/progressive bootlegs, all controlled by a McIntosh C30 pre amp with a five band EQ and variable loudness so I can make most bootlegs sound "listenable".

No more records for me...

McRack.jpg

15 hours ago, chef free said:

Thanks Walter! They are completely restored 1976 Infinity QLS-1 speakers, 17 drivers per, in rosewood, powered by two 1975 McIntosh MC2200's "strapped" for 400 watts per side, plus a 1500 watt Martin Logan Depth i subwoofer. Careful room treatments and set up have yielded a smooth response from subsonic (~18Hz) to 32kHz. 

Here's the rack: Oppo CDP-105, 2T hard drive full of FLACs of 70's rock/progressive bootlegs, all controlled by a McIntosh C30 pre amp with a five band EQ and variable loudness so I can make most bootlegs sound "listenable".

McRack.jpg

That's pretty bad ass!  Nice job with the cabinet perfectly made for each part.  A new addition to the bucket list....bbq and zep in chef free's garage!!  

10 hours ago, Walter said:

That's pretty bad ass!  Nice job with the cabinet perfectly made for each part.  A new addition to the bucket list....bbq and zep in chef free's garage!!  

The cabinet was made using the old days method of "How much plywood do I have in the garage?"  It was upgrade4d when I went to a second amp.  Sometimes I bi amp the QLS-1.  Looking for a Bryston 10b active crossover, I guess I'll have to upgrade the cabinet! Notice the big 3" casters? It's so easy to move the rack to get at the back of it now!

I would love to host a Led Zeppelin BBQ/bootleg party sometime, for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 3:41 PM, chef free said:

McRack.jpg

I will never give up my records but that looks like one sweet set-up. If I ever get up in your neck of the woods I am calling for a demo. 😏

On 3/13/2020 at 9:33 AM, Strider said:

I will never give up my records but that looks like one sweet set-up. If I ever get up in your neck of the woods I am calling for a demo. 😏

Seriously, that would be great! A little BBQ, beer, smoke and Zeppelin...