Random Picutre Thread

Atlas

Again, taken with a cell phone through our telescope. Jupiter and 4 main moons out of 63. Io, Europa, Gadymere and Calisto.

jupiterandmoons.jpg

Hi 'ledzepfvr'

Fantastic Photo, but do you know that i Morse code it says, "I T I" now what do you think that could mean?

Regards, Danny

Hi 'ledzepfvr'

Fantastic Photo, but do you know that i Morse code it says, "I T I" now what do you think that could mean?

Regards, Danny

Technically I T I is the overall mean time

between tap onsets (intertap interval, or ITI)

But I prefer to think of it as Interstellar Transportation of Intelligent life.

Nice Phantom and Tomcat.

Does the Phantom have the re-inforced landing gear like the Navy fighters or is it just a jar-head jet?

Is that an A-4 in the background? Hard to tell.

Love the bi-plane with radials, except for the yellow paint.

Is that dope and fabric?

Whats the Piedmont plane?

DC-3, DC-2?

Can`t figure out the one with all the windows in the nose above the F-4`s verticle.

Nice Phantom and Tomcat.

Does the Phantom have the re-inforced landing gear like the Navy fighters or is it just a jar-head jet?

Is that an A-4 in the background? Hard to tell.

Love the bi-plane with radials, except for the yellow paint.

Is that dope and fabric?

Whats the Piedmont plane?

DC-3, DC-2?

Can`t figure out the one with all the windows in the nose above the F-4`s verticle.

The Phantom is just a standard Marine Corps Phantom. I was told by the other staff that it's an S model but I'm not 100% sure

We do have an A-4 next to the Phantom, but it's out of the picture to the left, the aircraft along the far side of the hanger are from right to left: F-14D, A7E Corsair II, AV-8B Harrier

The Biplane is a Boeing Steerman used as a trainer aircraft during WWII, the yellow paint is because that's how it was when the Navy was using it in the 40's, and that is in fact fabric covered.

The Piedmont Airlines (which was bought by US Airways in the 80's and is the reason Charlotte is the main US Airways Hub) is a DC-3 and is one of 3 aircraft we have that are in flying condition, and in fact it just came back this week from the Oshkosh Airshow a few days ago (the other 2 are a pair of Grumman OV-1 Mohawks)

Edited by Starbreaker

• 3 weeks later...