I Need Opinions

Nathan

My family is pretty much addicted to coffee. My Mom, Dad, and I drink it every day. We're trying to keep my younger brother off of it so he doesn't end up with an addiction, but he's already addicted to Starbucks, which is where I started.

Of course, I'd like to feed our addiction by getting a "hot beverage system" :D. It'd be cool for everyone to have their own flavor of coffee in the mornings, or if they don't want coffee, they can make tea, or hot chocolate. And it isn't just coffee, but the ability to make Latte's and Cappucinos (I HATE plain coffee... it has to have flavor and be sweet... alone it's just too bitter for me). And yeah, you can do it the normal way, but now they have these "hot beverage systems" out there that let you conveniently make one cup, quickly, in your own home.

Here are the two I know about:

Tassimo

Keurig

Who has either of these brands and can provide me with reviews/info? And does anyone know of other brands of this type of brewing machine that are available in the US that I don't know about?

Thanks.

I have a Keurig and I'm happy with it. I have a reusable filter with mine which is nice because I'm not throwing out a little plastic cup everyday... but also because it gets expensive buying those little K-cups.(which they sell at Target)

I love having a single cup maker.... and my kids love it too in the winter for hot cocoa.

and I don't know anything about Tossimo.

• 6 years later...

I have a Keurig and I'm happy with it. I have a reusable filter with mine which is nice because I'm not throwing out a little plastic cup everyday... but also because it gets expensive buying those little K-cups.(which they sell at Target)

I love having a single cup maker.... and my kids love it too in the winter for hot cocoa.

and I don't know anything about Tossimo.

I have a Keurig with a reusable filter as well -- I like it.

I had to give up caffeined coffee (and anything else with caffeine) due to a-fib. I think it was a good decision because I sure do sleep a lot better now. I do like to have de-caf at McDonald's and it's so cheap plus you get free refills. I've used the Keurig too here and there and love the Chai Latte. May get one of my own someday with the reusable grounds holder.

Archived