If Zeppelin tour without Robert...

Well, if they did a project it shouldn't be as Led Zeppelin (I would hope not. Not without Robert). "Zeppelin with Tyler". "Zeppelin with Chris Cornell" the threads abound. Yada yada. I highly doubt it. But I'm just guessing. But that said, this is just my opinion. I don't think they'd do it. At least I hope not! "Zeppelin boys do a Velvet Revolver". Please let's hope not. If they actually were to work togather, please let's not call it Zeppelin!

It can't be Led Zeppelin without Plant. I've said this on other threads but IMHO there is no way another male singer will be able to pull it off anyway's. If Jimmy and Jonesy do indeed put something together then I think it should be with a hot unknown female singer. New material and then a tour. Just not as Zeppelin

Yeah, definitely wouldnt be Zeppelin without Plant. Now that Wolfmother is no more, then JP and JPJ should team up with Andrew Stockdale but not call it Zeppelin. A lot people have named older guys as their choice for lead singer with the two J's but personally, I think someone younger would fit the bill just as well. My 2 cents. :)

Maybe they could find someone through the internet. YEAH! RIGHT! Would a load of crap. Got to love the thought inducing threads here.

Or from a forum. :o

Stranger things have happened.

How about a reality tv show a la iNXS!? :blink:

Stranger things have happened. I'm sure the guy's are well aware of some exceptional talent that is out there. The chick that Jeff Beck worked with on Rollin' and Tumblin' comes to mind. Love her voice. Point is, these guy's are not getting any younger and if Robert isn't interested then it's time they moved on and did something. If there's nothing left in the tank then, it's time we stopped insisting that there is

If robert cant tour and the rest of zeppelin tour (which i hope they tour with plant) who do you think should supstitute in for lead vocals? I think Dio would be good lol or maybe Ozzy :rolleyes: possibly steven tyler

Absolutely no one. Any alternative would be a degradation of everything that Led Zeppelin ever was and destroy whatever integrity remains.

"If Zeppelin tour without Robert..."

......it's not Zeppelin.

Simple as that.

No, it wouldn't and shouldn't be called Led Zeppelin but, Jimmy, Jonesy and hopefully Jason could still do something without using the Zeppelin name.

If robert cant tour and the rest of zeppelin tour (which i hope they tour with plant) who do you think should supstitute in for lead vocals? I think Dio would be good lol or maybe Ozzy :rolleyes: possibly steven tyler

Why all this ridiculous talk about touring with or without Plant? And how many threads are there going to be about this? The point is, afaik Jimmy Page owns the rights to the name Led Zeppelin. If it's not legally in writing, which i'm sure it is, it's should be common law. Everyone in the world knows it's his band and he is responsible for it's legacy. So only he can determine if it should continue without Plant. My personal opinion is that he/they wont cheapen the image of the band by grabbing a vocalist for hire just to tour. They do not owe anyone a tour regardless of what you all may think. They have done more and certainly have paid the price for it, than most groups could hope to accomplish and them doing the O2 concert may be all we get. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the boys (intact) do a few more shows because I am human and love them just as much as anyone, but I don't want to see another Pink Floyd saga happen again. In answer to your question, I don't think RJD (although probably very flattered) would take it on. Ozzy? Are you kidding :blink:

For me, it's all about the Jimmy. He can tour as Jimmy Page & Friends with guest musicians. Or just himself, and call it Jimmy Page & His Invisible Friends, it doesn't matter! I just hope he keeps on playing.

it can't be Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

but it can be Led Zeppelin without John Bonham...

I don't think they should use the LZ name no matter how they tour, should they decide to.

I've seen you post this many times now, and I'm just curious. I had similar gut feelings about it, but clearly it's perfectly ok with the family of John Bonham. If it's ok with his wife and children, it's ok by me. Obviously it's ok with most of the rest of the world, as well.

Why can't continuing as Led Zeppelin with his son taking his seat be in loving tribute to Bonzo instead of the insult you seem to think it?

To the point, I don't give a fig what they call it, as long as we get the chance to see Jimmy and Jonesy hopefully with Jason perform together live on stage some time. That would make me very happy. :)

Zeppelin is Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham. I'll give a pass for Jason, as he is a Bonham. But Zeppelin without the voice and presence of Robert Plant? Unimaginable! So it was "Jimmy's band". Robert fronted it, wrote the majority of the lyrics, and was integral to the picture and the image. Could Townsend, Entwhistle (God rest his soul) and Moon's son (if he had one who was a phenomnal drummer) tour as the Who without Daltrey? Could Keith tour as the Stones without Mick? Oh yeah, that was Brian Jones' band remember? :lol:

No Plant=No Zeppelin. IMO.

As Ev posted. If there is no Page, Plant, Jones or Bonham, it's not Led Zeppelin. And it would be shame if any of the members of the band tried to pass it off as Zeppelin, because they know it's not Zeppelin.

it would be shame if any of the members of the band tried to pass it off as Zeppelin, because they know it's not Zeppelin.

They do and Jimmy would NOT even attempt it.

Just call it the Page Jones band or something vanilla like that and it still sells lots and lots of tickets.

Archived