If Zeppelin tour without Robert...

I was listening to -kashmir live75 the other day and was wondering if -jimmy page has written any music inspired by the rain forest. An instrumental album of material by jpj and page would be so interesting. I think that instrumental page did with michael lee at live 8 was so cool and ofcourse jpj's -zooma album and tour was great. In regards to stuff like the live sprawling section of -dazed, wonder how jason would be, stretching like that. At this point and considering the show in 07, they probably wouldnt play that song the way they used to. If they toured... the led zep material would be limited without -robert plant. jpj did great versions of black dog and when the levee breaks live and ofcourse they could play -no quarter. It seems like it would rely mostly on new material, just as a project with -robert plant would.

I was listening to -kashmir live75 the other day and was wondering if -jimmy page has written any music inspired by the rain forest. An instrumental album of material by jpj and page would be so interesting. I think that instrumental page did with michael lee at live 8 was so cool and ofcourse jpj's -zooma album and tour was great. In regards to stuff like the live sprawling section of -dazed, wonder how jason would be, stretching like that. At this point and considering the show in 07, they probably wouldnt play that song the way they used to. If they toured... the led zep material would be limited without -robert plant. jpj did great versions of black dog and when the levee breaks live and ofcourse they could play -no quarter. It seems like it would rely mostly on new material, just as a project with -robert plant would.

Lovely ideas. Maybe the best of both worlds would be touring with Plant as Zeppelin, and having sections ala the Raising Sand Revue where the others play some nice extended jams while Plant rests his voice prowling the back of the stage? Personally I'd love to hear some musical back and forth between Page, Jones and JB.

Some of this sounds like what was said at the Mojo awards, if it is all current then it pretty sums up the answer to the zillion dollar question.

Whatever they all do separate or together as long as they are happy and making music that's a good thing.

Time everyone else let them move on.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...tory/WBfilmfest

How you doing mate ??

Still hanging in there, Leddy!

I went to Knebworth House a couple of weeks ago for the exhibition, and met up with Paul (Ledded1) and Annie who was running it. Ended up standing in the field where they played, trying to figure out where we were in August '79.

Pretty hard to remember after 30 years!

...but it certainly recaptured the vibe standing there with a couple of verterans from back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

Legacy? Touring would not kill the legacy, maybe tarnish it for those that were to tour w/o Robert

"I am past Led Zeppelin" Plant. I do want to see a tour with Jones, Page, Bonham and the new voice.

nah, no instrumental, i like stories behind the music i listen to. my opinion.

and 'zeppelin' won't tour without plant becuz THERE IS NO ZEPPELIN WITHOUT PLANT!

i don't like it when a band replaces someone and continues to tour as they were, they are not as 'they were' anymore without that guy they replaced. (unless it's blood ;) i.e. jason, and even then, it was a fine line to call the o2 Led Zeppelin, maybe it should have been Led Zeppelin II or The New Led Zeppelin.........)

i read too many posts, zeppelin's new album, who will zeppelin's new singer be? what will zeppelin's alnum be called?

well robert said 'no', so therefore NO MORE ZEPPELIN! no zeppelin album, no zeppelin new singer.

k, my rant $0.02

although i agree that they shouldnt do "zeppelin" without plant, A instrumental Album is better then nothing. I mean i love vocals just like the next bloke. But if all you can get is the guitar, bass and drums them im happy. But there is no quick fix that can be done over vocals, It will either be a hit or terrible miss

• 5 months later...
although i agree that they shouldnt do "zeppelin" without plant, A instrumental Album is better then nothing. I mean i love vocals just like the next bloke. But if all you can get is the guitar, bass and drums them im happy. But there is no quick fix that can be done over vocals, It will either be a hit or terrible miss

it would be really weird to see zep without their freaking singer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
LZ should NOT tour at all without Robert Plant!

led zeppelin with page,plant,jones ,and JOHN BONHAM,is'nt led zeppelin!!!!!

with jason sitting in for bonzo,it's damn good,but not led zeppelin!!!!!!!!

:wtf: are you talking about? :blink:

Archived