If Zeppelin tour without Robert...

I think that they just forgot his phone number. I would have no problem with Page, JPJ, and Jason moving on with another singer and calling themselves LZ. I just wish that it would happen already!

you just cannot replace robert plant. and i would bet my right arm that JP and JPJ will never do a tour as LZ without him. i would be thoroughly disgusted and heartbroken if they did. i will be happy and grateful to continue to see them perform separately.

....you don't consider Keith to be twisted?:blink::huh:

:lol:

I consider Keith one of the greatest rock & roll guitarists of all time, period!

He may not be able to fly up and down the fretboard at the speed of light, but he's given us some the greatest riffs we'll ever here. And above all of that, he's been the ultimate rockstar, having lived and is in effect, still living the rockstar life, ie; alcohol/substance abuse, chain smoking, etc.. Much, much more than his songwriting partner. Like I said in another post, for him to still be alive is a testament to the man's endurance.

It's not Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

That said, I don't think Jimmy, John, and Jason should wait any longer than they have to, with or without Robert, to go ahead and tour. Steven Tyler is an interesting choice and would definitely be worth the price of admission.

BTW, what is Axl Rose doing nowadays? (Just kidding :D)

I consider Keith one of the greatest rock & roll guitarists of all time, period!

He may not be able to fly up and down the fretboard at the speed of light, but he's given us some the greatest riffs we'll ever here. And above all of that, he's been the ultimate rockstar, having lived and is in effect, still living the rockstar life, ie; alcohol/substance abuse, chain smoking, etc.. Much, much more than his songwriting partner. Like I said in another post, for him to still be alive is a testament to the man's endurance.

I'll think you'll find 59 agrees with you. ;)

So do I, for that matter. :D

I rembmber reading somewhere before the reunion that they're going to do it because it just makes sense. They're all touring separately and playing zep, why not do it together.

Sounded like it made sense and then the show.

Now after the show robert is still playing zep with alison and now jimmy is out there playing zep with other people. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

How can you have three play without the fourth. shouldn't be done, leaving jimmy high and dry. thank you very much mr plant.

shouldn't be done, leaving jimmy high and dry. thank you very much mr plant.

Why is it assumed Jimmy is "high and dry"? How do you know he's not holed up in a rehearsal studio getting ready to kick some ass? My advice would be to be prepared. B)

And remember, Jimmy's hardly been sitting on his butt. Song Remains the Same remaster. Raising his children. Enjoying life as an elder statesman. Jamming with the Foos. Playing at the Olympics. Picking up awards. Doing interview after interview. Travelling with Ross to Cambodia. Working with Gibson on his Custom Shop guitars. Travelling to Brazil for the ABC Trust.

Steve could well add to that list I'm sure.

Point is, he has to a degree taken time away from music to pursue other interests. He said himself he has had stuff simmering on the back burner, and he's feeling the itch to get busy again. Robert Plant is not going to stop Jimmy Page. In fact, I'm sure Robert is thrilled to see Jimmy getting active again.

I rembmber reading somewhere before the reunion that they're going to do it because it just makes sense. They're all touring separately and playing zep, why not do it together.

Sounded like it made sense and then the show.

Now after the show robert is still playing zep with alison and now jimmy is out there playing zep with other people. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

How can you have three play without the fourth. shouldn't be done, leaving jimmy high and dry. thank you very much mr plant.

The reason for the show was that Ahmet died, and his widow asked the three of them to play the show for him. Period.

Oh, and "all touring separately"? I don't recall Jimmy touring with anybody recently, and JPJ was only doing individual gigs.

The reason for the show was that Ahmet died, and his widow asked the three of them to play the show for him. Period.

Oh, and "all touring separately"? I don't recall Jimmy touring with anybody recently, and JPJ was only doing individual gigs.

Clearly what this poster means is the same as what Jimmy meant, they all perform these songs solo. That simply means they each want to perform these songs, on some level. Why not do them together, which the O2 show proved is the proper and most powerful way to perform them?

I agree with you, bigzepfan. It's silly not to.

Ahmets sidekick, Jerry Wexler just died too.

Wheres the respect?

02 redux.

While Wexler was Ertegun's partner, it was Ahmet who developed a long-standing relationship with the band.

Besides, it was almost a year after Ertegun's death in 2006 that the O2 was announced. Wexler's been dead less than a week. Allegations of disrespect highly premature, IMO. :beer:

Ahmets sidekick, Jerry Wexler just died too.

Wheres the respect?

02 redux.

. . . . somebody with whom they had a very different relationship.

I don't think the failure to schedule another concert implies lack of respect for Jerry Wexler in the slightest, though bets have been taken as to when the idea would be suggested. :D

Edit: Ev and I posted at the same time.

That was your first point. I was addressing your second.

Because Robert Plant is already on tour, and probably doing another album with AK with subsequent tour. He said the O2 was a lovely way to end it, and he doesn't want to do a reunion tour. The odd show is not out of the question, but he's not into the reunion thing as an all-out endeavor. Of course, you know this already.

Gotta call you out on this Gervox. Inferior clones? What is this - Westworld?

They knew where he was. They just didn't want him in that project. Seems harsh to some, but its fact - for whatever reasons, Robert AND Jimmy wanted to leave him out.

Oh and some people seem to be missing the point. Robert has done Zeppelin songs live, Jimmy has done Zeppelin songs live, Jonesy has done Zeppelin songs live, Jason even plays Zeppelin songs live. I hope they all continue to do so. The point is - if they reform and replace a member,(Bonzo aside, we all know that story) would it be right to call it Led Zeppelin?

In my opinion no, and they wouldn't anyway, because they feel that way too.

Sorry for the late reply.I have been....unwell!

I don't actually disagree with you.There may have been a hint of unknowing sarcasm in my post that did not translate well,but I feel it WAS an accurate acount of what myself and my Led Zep starved friends(who have long since changed thier allegience to AC/DC) believed at that time.Perhaps I secretly still do!.You can not have a near accurate acount of Led Zeppelins music post 1980 without including JPJ.

The reason that he was not included in Unledded was because I believe then it becomes not 1/2 of Led Zeppelin but 3/4 -an entirely different chemical/Musical equation!.And one I am certain was shied away from for so long,for that reason!

BTW, my use of the term clones was not so much in the 'West World' sense but more the fact that too many musicians have pretended to be someone that they are not by pretending to be something they can never be!.I forgot that the word "clone" has taken on a slightly different meaning of lateThey have all proved to be Imperfect.(bad PR?) Hence I am still interested in the music and joy of Led Zeppelin 40 years on.

That was your first point. I was addressing your second.

OK, my second point was that they hadn't ALL been touring separately, performing Zep material. They hadn't, simple as that.

Ironically enough, Plant had been consistently touring and keeping Zep material out there, JPJ appeared occasionally and played some Zep material, Jimmy hadn't been heard from since the Crowes tour. Which, I will agree with all, is not a good thing, and great to have him back. Your point was about whether they SHOULD play Zep material together--a completely different point.

If robert cant tour and the rest of zeppelin tour (which i hope they tour with plant) who do you think should supstitute in for lead vocals? I think Dio would be good lol or maybe Ozzy :rolleyes: possibly steven tyler

Robert will perform with the band if the band will reunion, he is the best for zep & nobody will come

instead of him.

Maybe you wanna tour with them :D

They could get this guy:

(Ten Years Gone)

(The Lemon Song)

(Over the hills and far away)

Sounds EXACTLY like plant. I urge you to check him out now if you haven't already. He's Amazing.

TOTALLY AMAZING! If anything, Page needs to tap this guy to do something....ANYTHING! Hell, i thought that guy Journey got to replace Steve Perry was great, this guy, damn....uncanny. Plus, he has a bit of an Aaron Lewis from Staind look...a little more of a current look.

Wait, I've got an idea! B)

What if Jason sings lead vocals too? The "I Can't Quit You Baby" intro at the O2 show was pretty good. Some songs could be pretty tricky to sing and play at the same time, though ...

Archived