If Zeppelin tour without Robert...

Because Robert Plant is already on tour, and probably doing another album with AK with subsequent tour. He said the O2 was a lovely way to end it, and he doesn't want to do a reunion tour. The odd show is not out of the question, but he's not into the reunion thing as an all-out endeavor. Of course, you know this already.

People "in the know" that are close to the Bluegrass scene are telling me that Alison's 2009 tour will be with Union Station, not RP. I guess time will tell. T-Bone has flat-out stated that he feels Robert needs to do more shows with Zeppelin.

People "in the know" that are close to the Bluegrass scene are telling me that Alison's 2009 tour will be with Union Station, not RP. I guess time will tell. T-Bone has flat-out stated that he feels Robert needs to do more shows with Zeppelin.

I agree time will tell. That's always true. But for the time being, Robert's answer is no. At least according to people "in the know" on that "other" scene. ;)

I am glad to hear there might be more Union Station. I love that group! Will Jerry Douglas return? He's incredible!!!

Well, he said in an interview that he'd LIKE to see that happen, as a Zep fan. But Robert's got a mind of his own, so I don't think T Bone's opinion means more than many other people's opinions, especially his own. :D As you say, time will tell. There's a possibility that Alison may tour (at different times) with both him and Union Station next year.

I agree time will tell. That's always true. But for the time being, Robert's answer is no. At least according to people "in the know" on that "other" scene. ;)

I am glad to hear there might be more Union Station. I love that group! Will Jerry Douglas return? He's incredible!!!

I am going to the Americana Music awards and post-party on September 18. I will see what I can find out, if anything. Buddy Miller is coordinating the music for the show, it will be overflowing with Rounder Records people. Who can be incredibly tight-lipped. Or if Robert decides to attend and collect his awards, I will just ask him. NOT. LOL

I am going to the Americana Music awards and post-party on September 18. I will see what I can find out, if anything. Buddy Miller is coordinating the music for the show, it will be overflowing with Rounder Records people. Who can be incredibly tight-lipped. Or if Robert decides to attend and collect his awards, I will just ask him. NOT. LOL

Oh, go on. :lol:

I'll be awaiting your report! :D

OK, my second point was that they hadn't ALL been touring separately, performing Zep material. They hadn't, simple as that.

Ironically enough, Plant had been consistently touring and keeping Zep material out there, JPJ appeared occasionally and played some Zep material, Jimmy hadn't been heard from since the Crowes tour. Which, I will agree with all, is not a good thing, and great to have him back. Your point was about whether they SHOULD play Zep material together--a completely different point.

Yes, you're right, my point was the previous poster's point (I believe), which was originally Page's point, as well. If they are playing these songs as solo artists, what's the reason they shouldn't play them together?

It didn't have to do with touring, who has and who hasn't; I belive the original poster mis-spoke (mis-typed?) It had to do with performing the songs as individuals, outside of the band.

Since the Crowes, Jimmy's been doing awesome work putting the music from the whole band out via the very succesful new and re- releases of the last several years, which has put it in reach of far more people than Plant's public performances.

Anyway, I'm never going to be able to understand why it's ok for Plant to tour performing Zeppelin tunes without Page, Jones, and Bonham, but not ok for Page, Jones and Bonham to tour performing Zeppelin tunes without Plant. Six of one, half dozen of the other, to me. (Though I agree they shouldn't call it "Led Zeppelin.")

Ain't no other bassist like Jones. Ain't no other guitarist like Page. Ain't no other vocalist like Plant. & Jason is awesome in his own right, and brings the spirit of his father.

There are flagrant, gaping lacks no matter the configuration. Yet to some, it seems that one configuration is acceptable, and the other unthinkable. I don't get it, is all.

I hasten to add, the best of all worlds would be if or when they do these songs TOGETHER.

Yes, you're right, my point was the previous poster's point (I believe), which was originally Page's point, as well. If they are playing these songs as solo artists, what's the reason they shouldn't play them together?

It didn't have to do with touring, who has and who hasn't; I belive the original poster mis-spoke (mis-typed?) It had to do with performing the songs as individuals, outside of the band.

Since the Crowes, Jimmy's been doing awesome work putting the music from the whole band out via the very succesful new and re- releases of the last several years, which has put it in reach of far more people than Plant's public performances.

Anyway, I'm never going to be able to understand why it's ok for Plant to tour performing Zeppelin tunes without Page, Jones, and Bonham, but not ok for Page, Jones and Bonham to tour performing Zeppelin tunes without Plant. Six of one, half dozen of the other, to me. (Though I agree they shouldn't call it "Led Zeppelin.")

Ain't no other bassist like Jones. Ain't no other guitarist like Page. Ain't no other vocalist like Plant. & Jason is awesome in his own right, and brings the spirit of his father.

There are flagrant, gaping lacks no matter the configuration. Yet to some, it seems that one configuration is acceptable, and the other unthinkable. I don't get it, is all.

I hasten to add, the best of all worlds would be if or when they do these songs TOGETHER.

It is OK. :huh: If anybody was arguing it's not, wasn't me. :D

I don't understand why people would feel Jimmy can't do Zep without Robert. He did it in 88. If the other 3 do tour without Robert then they have every right to play Zep songs. I have the same argument about Plant doing so as you well know. However I wouldn't want them to call themselves Led Zeppelin though.

Gotta call you out on this Gervox. Inferior clones? What is this - Westworld?

...in this modern age, couldn't someone genetically engineer a replacement - Robot Plant?

If it's good enough for Kraftwerk.....

:) :) :)

TOTALLY AMAZING! If anything, Page needs to tap this guy to do something....ANYTHING! Hell, i thought that guy Journey got to replace Steve Perry was great, this guy, damn....uncanny. Plus, he has a bit of an Aaron Lewis from Staind look...a little more of a current look.

wow! good sh!t. the singer is simply amazing, very nice.

now THESE guys i'd go see.

Yes, please Kentuckygirl, keep us posted. It would be cool if Robert shows up, LOL!! It was a nice surprise to see him at the CMT awards this past April. Also, I believe the CMA awards nominations come out in a couple of weeks so I am hoping Raising Sand gets a nomination or two. Anyways, back to the topic, I personally cannot see them touring as Led Zep without Robert. It just wouldn't be the same.

No-one with any sense has disagreed with either of these things!

I'm always puzzled when there are arguments that Robert shouldn't perform Led Zeppelin songs because he wants "to get away from his past". I never read into that comment literally......I was always of the opinion that he just wants to explore different things, not forget who he is or where he came from.

My question is why is there an issue when any of them, be it Robert, Jimmy, JPJ or even Jason perform LZ tunes? These guys, with the exception of Jason, all were involved in creating many of those rock masterpieces...why shouldn't they be able to perform them in the time, manner and style they choose. B)

I'm always puzzled when there are arguments that Robert shouldn't perform Led Zeppelin songs because he wants "to get away from his past". I never read into that comment literally......I was always of the opinion that he just wants to explore different things, not forget who he is or where he came from.

My question is why is there an issue when any of them, be it Robert, Jimmy, JPJ or even Jason perform LZ tunes? These guys, with the exception of Jason, all were involved in creating many of those rock masterpieces...why shouldn't they be able to perform them in the time, manner and style they choose. B)

The vast majority of people have no problem with them performing Zep songs. Some may not like the reworkings but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't have the right to play them should it?

:huh:

The vast majority of people have no problem with them performing Zep songs. Some may not like the reworkings but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't have the right to play them should it?

:huh:

I agree. I have no problem with any of them performing Zep songs or not; they can play whatever their hearts desire. That issue comes up from time to time, especially in Robert's case.

Archived