If Zeppelin tour without Robert...

• 2 weeks later...
And they NEVER will. I don't think we'll ever see another one-off for that matter. :angry:

And you know something? We should be thankful and grateful we got the show that we did, otherwise we'd have nothing to hang our hats on. Instead of getting upset that they aren't doing the things we want them to do, let's be thankful they chose to do anything at all.

And you know something? We should be thankful and grateful we got the show that we did, otherwise we'd have nothing to hang our hats on. Instead of getting upset that they aren't doing the things we want them to do, let's be thankful they chose to do anything at all.

As well as all the great music they gave us :)

I wish I did!! Im just being objective about the situation, which is hard to do sometimes when you want something to happen so badly.

The positive vibes or dynamic leading up to the O2 has changed since their performance in London, or has it? Afterall, it took the DEATH of someone very close to the band and a personal plea from the widow to EVEN get them back on stage again. Another tragic event to get them on stage again? Doubtful, I would think! Whatever good vibes that the band was experiencing leading up to the gig appear to be long gone by now. When certain members want to carry on, and others don't you are going to have tension. That tension doesn't go away easily, perhaps it was always there in the first place. It takes time, probably too much time for men that are in there 60's.

As far as being grateful and thankful for their performance, I definitely am. Would I like more shows or more one-offs? Absolutely, just don't think it's going to happen that's all.

I would love to see Zeppelin live,but without Plant on vocals it wouldnt be the same for me.Lots of bands have replacements for their respective positions ,whether it is guitar,bass ,drums , vocals or whatever ,but would the Stones be the same with out Mick or Alice Cooper without Alice.Classic bands such as Led Zeppelin for me would be a once in a lifetime experience to see .Its just a testament to their talent , timeless appeal and longevity.In 40 years time ,I wont remember the lead singer for the Jonas bros or the lastest fad "band" but when I hear Plant belt out "ooh ooh yeahe yeah ..ooh ooh yeahe yeah " I'll know who it is. I would want to see the legendary band that I grew up listening to, not Sammi Hagar fronting them .(That is just disturbing to me .I would burn my albums in protest uuuuuuggggghhhhh)

I would love to see Zeppelin live,but without Plant on vocals it wouldnt be the same for me.Lots of bands have replacements for their respective positions ,whether it is guitar,bass ,drums , vocals or whatever ,but would the Stones be the same with out Mick or Alice Cooper without Alice.Classic bands such as Led Zeppelin for me would be a once in a lifetime experience to see .Its just a testament to their talent , timeless appeal and longevity.In 40 years time ,I wont remember the lead singer for the Jonas bros or the lastest fad "band" but when I hear Plant belt out "ooh ooh yeahe yeah ..ooh ooh yeahe yeah " I'll know who it is. I would want to see the legendary band that I grew up listening to, not Sammi Hagar fronting them .(That is just disturbing to me .I would burn my albums in protest uuuuuuggggghhhhh)

Don't worry, they are not gonna do it without Robert Plant.

From a distance, it looks like -page can take or leave any kind of -led zeppelin one off show, or project. just to look back at the cancellations of the montreux show, the roy harper show...maybe he doesnt care that much about playing live anymore. With -plant, ofcourse its understandable. i watched the thing posted on the -8.05 song and watched a bunch of other stuff on youtube and the -page with -beck at the rock and roll hall of fame, and really....who could ever expect them to tour again. They most likely don't want to, who could blame them. Surf youtube, listen to live shows and you get alittle perspective on the whole thing and thats just in a creative and human energy output type of thing.

• 1 month later...

How many original members does it take to make a Led Zeppelin? :rolleyes:

If anyone tours, it won't be Led Zeppelin.

Jonesy will tour. Plant will tour. Page may tour. Zeppelin is retired. Enjoy the treasure chest, and don't put down any deposits for Zeppelin tickets. :beer:

Archived