Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

Those are beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

That 'dress' thingy she started out in was horrible! IMHO of course! And no really good face on shots of JP but, I'm sure some will be forthcoming...he looked to totally happy! I love to see him happy and enthusiastic like this! I'm sure it's a forebearer of good things to come....good times ahead for Zep fans... :D

I've watched the performance a couple more times now..thanks for the YouTube links!...and I still love it. I would love to hear a really cracking audio version, I bet it would sound amazing.

And the OK!Mag shots are fab, thanks for posting :)

That 'dress' thingy she started out in was horrible! IMHO of course! And no really good face on shots of JP but, I'm sure some will be forthcoming...he looked to totally happy! I love to see him happy and enthusiastic like this! I'm sure it's a forebearer of good things to come....good times ahead for Zep fans... :D

To be honest, the first time I viewed the pics and vids, I barely noticed her "dress thingy".

Yes, Jimmy did look quite happy and enthusiastic! Like you, I am optimistic that all this means good times ahead for many of us. :D;)

I feared for that girls life lol...That thing was scary looking.

Hmm, were we watching the same show as some people? I just went on the BBC site and everyone who commented totally slagged the 8 minute London teaser off!

Link

Remember ldw, we were watching and commenting as LZ and Jimmy fans first and foremost. A lot of those BBC site contributors would of been a bit ignorant. One called Jimmy a "rocker" and didn't even name check him :huh:

Remember ldw, we were watching and commenting as LZ and Jimmy fans first and foremost. A lot of those BBC site contributors would of been a bit ignorant. One called Jimmy a "rocker" and didn't even name check him :huh:

I know :( I was quite sad about it, because it just shows how ignorant they are. But they aren't Zeppelin fans, so they won't be full of praise for him. Still, you never like hearing people refer to Jimmy as a wrinkly rocker or an 'old pervert' leering at Leona.

And I thought Leona did a great job, too. It's one thing to sing well, but in front of all those people? I know I couldn't do it :)

And they said on the Beeb that Leona's dress was designed by students in London.

LOL at all of you who think that the presence of a cord and a transmitter is "proof" that it was played live.

[The entire song was pre-recorded btw]

I usually stay out of the slags that go on this forum.

For this I say who cares, it was such a joy to see Jimmy he looks great, he was proud, happy and he rocked it live or not. That is what this is about the happiness of seeing one of the greatest rock musicians kicking it at 64 looking damn fine, the hell with the constant nit picking.

Live or not, it sounded great and many musicians have prerecorded sections in concert I personally chose to believe it was live if not still a very happy camper.

Woo Hoo most excellent> Mr. Jimmy Page!

Olympics - Closing Ceremony

BEIJING - AUGUST 24: Singer Leona Lewis performs with Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page during the Closing Ceremony for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games at the National Stadium on August 24, 2008 in Beijing, China. :D

82535336jk5.jpg

82535832uu1.jpg

82535177sa5.jpg

82535736fm6.jpg

BBC did a great job, Thought she sung it really well and Jimmy was awsome and looked very cool !! very proud of him and that we are the host nation of the Olympics now.

LOL at all of you who think that the presence of a cord and a transmitter is "proof" that it was played live.

[The entire song was pre-recorded btw]

i just posted a picture. it matters to me not one whit, live or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajAB-Bdmk00

Here's another one without Frenchies talking over the solo.

I rather enjoyed this performance of Whole Lotta Love. Leona can croon... and Jimmy...is Jimmy, the maestro of Led Zeppelin !!!

Very Happy with how it all came out !!!

Leona, was something atop that symbolic phallic symbol!!

I thought it was interesting when the females began to climb up on the back of the bus. It was very reminiscent of the girls climbing up on the HOTH album, only these lasses were much older than the HOTH girls!!

The other thing I wanted to mention, was a little later girls walked by with the representative English Umbrellas covering their heads. But what I took away from it, considering the song being played, and, the "Climax" of Whole Lotta Love.... well, they had their umbrellas open to symbolically protect them from all of the "Love" than came showering down upon them. :D

Archived