Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

Alison Krauss has a mantlepiece full of Grammys. Leona Lewis is a Simon Cowell protege

with no chance of influencing Jimmy's musical direction. An arranged marriage, nothing more.

This is not true. Jimmy has really enjoyed rehearsing with her.

I get the Jimmy Page part, but Leona Lewis? On the one hand you have a genuine legend of 40-odd years, then, on the other, you have a winner of a T.V talent show. Couldn't they have found someone a teeny bit better for him?

How about Amy?

I just saw a Leona Lewis video and was not impressed - but that's not my type of music. I can't imagine her singing WLL, but who knows. A lot of today's pop singers can probably rock out but don't because that's not what sells. Maybe she's a Zep freak at heart. :D

I was surprised to hear the song choice was WLL. It is "too racey" !!!. Which is of course why I love it! B) I mean this is China for crying out loud -- and the Olympics... whatever. I can't wait to see Jimmy.

Ummm.... now I have to find out what time it is on.

I just saw a Leona Lewis video and was not impressed - but that's not my type of music. I can't imagine her singing WLL, but who knows. A lot of today's pop singers can probably rock out but don't because that's not what sells. Maybe she's a Zep freak at heart. :D

I was surprised to hear the song choice was WLL. It is "too racey" !!!. Which is of course why I love it! B) I mean this is China for crying out loud -- and the Olympics... whatever. I can't wait to see Jimmy.

Ummm.... now I have to find out what time it is on.

She has a beautiful voice. I think her album is a bit overproduced but the talent IMO is clearly there. Will be interesting to see how she develops over time. It'll also be interesting to see what sort of arrangement of WLL they'll do. Could be different but in a good way! Not much longer to find out.

How much rehearsal goes into lip-sync and mime, anyway? I'm just saying she's not changed his musical direction in the slightest.

Well, that's not really fair. Whether they lip-sync and mime at the ceremony doesn't mean they didn't work together on what they may be lip-syncing and miming to. And who can really say for sure where his musical direction may have shifted lately? I'm just saying you can't really be certain. Only Jimmy knows what's in Jimmy's head. I mean, who saw P Diddy coming? :lol:

How much rehearsal goes into lip-sync and mime, anyway? I'm just saying she's not changed his musical direction in the slightest.

Even if that's all it was going to be it would take a shit load of rehearsals Steve. They've rehearsed for this extensively - shouldn't you know that?

And you cannot say she hasn't changed his musical direction. How do you KNOW?

*edited for spelling*

I am very happy Jimmy is doing this but re-working a Zep song is getting a tad annoying.

Ahhh, they're changing a few lyrics that are blatantly sexual to tone it down a bit for the mainstream, for sure a female can't sing the original lyrics. And if Jimmy endorses it I'm sure it's spot on!

I am very happy Jimmy is doing this but re-working a Zep song is getting a tad annoying.

Lots of Zeppelin songs have been reworked. By the blokes who wrote them. I say don't get annoyed now. Wait until you've heard it and then draw your conclusion.

I'm loving all this second guessing.

Will it be mimed? :angry:

Is Jimmy "selling out" and kowtowing to the Chinese? :rolleyes:

Can she rock? <_<

How dare he rework a Zep song with an unknown? :huh:

I've got one, maybe they will be in London with only a holographic image projected on the stage? :rolleyes:

In 22 hours Oz time, all will be revealed. B)

One more sleep to go. :D

BTW, Jimmy had the shark for dinner tonight or at least the fin! :o

Archived