Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

Awwww.... <_<

I'm just having a difficult time grasping anyone on this board prefering to see Paul over Jimmy....

If it all goes pear shaped Paul McCartney will come out smelling of roses, Jimmy might catch the flak

Macca is most decidedly NOT a Londoner. LONDON is where the 2012 Olympics will be. :rolleyes:

Also, Aqua: the most reliable source I've read on all of this so far has been The Independent, and they did say Jimmy would be live. So fingers crossed! :D

Keith Richards, someone must of asked him ?

Keith Richards, someone must of asked him ?

:lol:

Good Lord. Now you're askin' for it! Imagine Keith on a bus full of dancers, an X-factor pop star, and the husband of a Spice Girl. I'm seeing Keith looking like this if asked:

keithrichards_210.jpg

Now Mick Jagger? Not so unbelieveable. He's probably quite pissed off he wasn't chosen for this task. It's SO him. Whoooop!

mick-jagger-forgets-the-lyrics-on-stage-1Dm.jpg

(I keep repeating to myself like I did during 26 hours of labor & delivery - it'll all be over soon, it'll all be over soon...)

The signs were all there in the thread, I'm surprised no-one thought of it before!

A marketer and promoter's dream come true, exposed to an audience of 2.5 billion people.

"I give you."

"With their special reworking of The Rolling Stones classic, Sister Morhphine, give it up for, Amy Whinehouse and Keith Richards ......"

Without going through 25 pages here, what time does this start Eastern Standard (New York)? 11:30 pm Sunday night?

I'm glad I'm not the only one still trying to figure this out :rolleyes: I BELIEVE that we here on the east coast will see the beginning of the opening ceremonies at 7:00 but I would love someone to confirm that!

There is just something wrong about a woman singing the words "every inch of my love". So much of the LZ ouvre is "gender specific" so to speak.

I certainly hope they rework the lyrics kind of like what Heart did with their version of Black Dog.

The burning question in my mind Steve is will Jimmy's drool be real or supplied by the makeup & wardrobe department?

:P

Fortunately, that particular problem was resolved some time ago.

------------------------

He (Jimmy Page) said: "Initially they requested to use 'Whole Lotta Love', then it was 'you can play guitar on it if you want to'. Then it was said (emphasis added) Leona was going to sing on it, and it just got a momentum of it's own. It's going to be really great."

----------------------------

...in other words he got sucked into doing it this way. I do hope it's as great as he thinks it will be, for his sake.

I wasn't at the rehearsals.

Oh and BTW, I'm sorry I typed "This is not true" - I meant to type "This is not fair" - head was a bit muddy this morning.

No worries, Knebby. My head is muddy more often than not. I'm trying very hard to stay

optimistic about this event. I know he's earned the right to be given the benefit of the doubt after all these years. He's still the greatest no matter what.

There is just something wrong about a woman singing the words "every inch of my love". So much of the LZ ouvre is "gender specific" so to speak.

I certainly hope they rework the lyrics kind of like what Heart did with their version of Black Dog.

Alison Krauss wasn't concerned with being gender specific on Raising Sand, eh? And what's good for Alison is good for Leona.

* she says in jest

Great find Reggie!

Err, actually I posted this three pages ago:

Some words from Jimmy (from sportinglife.com, full story ):

Page said he was overwhelmed to have been asked to use his song for the handover ceremony.

He said: "Initially they requested to use 'Whole Lotta Love', then it was 'you can play guitar on it if you want to'. Then it was said Leona was going to sing on it, and it just got a momentum of it's own. It's going to be really great.

"The Olympics is going to bring a whole spirit of optimism to London and it's going to be fantastic."

Sorry Allison, I didn't mean to overlook your contribution. That's a really good article, I believe it's the only one that has quoted Jimmy directly, isn't it?

No worries! And yep, it has been the only one to quote Jimmy so far.

Btw, NBC had a closing ceremonies montage a little while ago which featured a nice little clip of Jimmy from TSRTS. It was cool! B)

Sorry Allison, I didn't mean to overlook your contribution. That's a really good article, I believe it's the only one that has quoted Jimmy directly, isn't it?

My apologies too AA. :o

That's what happens when you don't read all of the thread! :blink:

Archived