Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

'peace and love' sounds great until a jack-booted thug drags you from your home and tortures you, then it is no longer so easy to say 'stuff the politics'...ask the people of Lebanon.

If it's so bad why don't the Chinese people do something about it?

I mean there's only 2 billion of 'em over there!

Here's a thought why don't you go over and sort them out?

If you want to discuss it further go to the Ramble On forum.

This topic is about, arguably the greatest musician of modern times performing to a massive world audience, not for posting grievances about any regime, past or present.

Please enjoy the rest of the nights activities.

You need coolin......! B)

Naturally no Chinese person may enjoy hearing such reportage, unfortunately the world knows too well about China's human rights abuses and its brutal occupation of Tibet. Jimmy too would have been aware, that is why it is particularly difficult to accept his willing association, Steven Speilberg of course pulled out of his troubling collaboration with communist China, on grounds of concerns about its human rghts record, what a pity Jimmy did not decline this poison chalice.

the

Hey guy,do you still live in the cold-war time? Please wake up from your own dream, open your eyes and have a look at the world around. If you really want to criticize China, please spend some time in researching and understanding of its culture, its history and its achivements toward modernization. However, maybe it's too difficult for you:)

i dont think jimmy performing at the handover ceremony has ANYTHING to do with china actually.....its all about the london 2012 games, thats all.

So, appearing inside Beijing's Olympic stadium with the active support, permission and organisation of communist China's regime has nothing whatsoever to do wth the Chinese regime? If you really believe this, and as a Zepp fan can understand why you choose to rationalise away this unpleasant event, then you are clearly unaware of the simple fact that nothing can happen inside China without the involvement of the communist authorities. Wake up people! Why do you think the lyrics to WLL have been diluted for this performance?

i dont think jimmy performing at the handover ceremony has ANYTHING to do with china actually.....its all about the london 2012 games, thats all.

So, appearing inside Beijing's Olympic stadium with the active support, permission and organisation of communist China's regime has nothing whatsoever to do wth the Chinese regime? If you really believe this, and as a Zepp fan can understand why you choose to rationalise away this unpleasant event, then you are clearly unaware of the simple fact that nothing can happen inside China without the involvement of the communist authorities. Wake up people! Why do you think the lyrics to WLL have been diluted for this performance?

they are performing inside the chinese stadium because thats where the handover takes place...........

the lyrics will most likely be only changed to make them more apt for occasion, and to accomodate a female singer.

yep, you need coolin.......... :D

Well I guess even communists love Jimmy Page. So called "the involvement" of them. Why don't you relax a little?

they are performing inside the chinese stadium because thats where the handover takes place...........

the lyrics will most likely be only changed to make them more apt for occasion, and to accomodate a female singer.

yep, you need coolin.......... :D

[/quote

sure..nothing whatsoever to do with the censorship and insane ideology of China's communist dictatorship....I wonder if the earth is flat?????????????

Wooo Jimmy and Leona interview is now on BBC Olympic coverage Jimmys says its going to be great, and confirmed its WLL.

And Jimmy said he would enter the hurdles, as he was a hurdler at school LOL

Yeh I saw it too, he said really cool about it all and said leona has done a good job with the Vocals !! Cannot wait for it to start in 2 mins :)

sure..nothing whatsoever to do with the censorship and insane ideology of China's communist dictatorship....I wonder if the earth is flat?????????????

Summoning all of my doubtless diplomacy skills, how do I say this tactfully?

I know.

STFU!!!!!!

[/quote

Just calm down, guy. The point is: Jimmy is willing and will perform in the stadium of "China's communist dictatorship". Let wait and enjoy his music.

indeed, that is the point, he was willing

Just an observation; Jimmy is playing as part of the London handover not the Chinese closing - it the London Organising commitee we owe thanks for Jimmy's performance. Lets stop talking politics and unite in all things Zep - 'bring it on home'

B)

Just an observation; Jimmy is playing as part of the London handover not the Chinese closing - it the London Organising commitee we owe thanks for Jimmy's performance. Lets stop talking politics and unite in all things Zep - 'bring it on home'

B)

Are we all saluting that bloody flag right now?

Archived