Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

I thought she sounded great and Jim and her I thought gelled well together. I have said before I do not like her music but she does have a really fab voice, as for the rest of the eight min slot : it was vibrant and a good contrast to the overly produced Chinese stuff, so for me I think it was great but thats my opinion, no need for being embaressed :)

I really agree, leddy--and what a great way to celebrate Team GB's fantastic success there!

Sincerely I don't like LL and her voice and honestly I've not seen the ceremony becouse I was not so excited to see Pagey play (probably in play-back) with her...

Well, don't kill me but I think it's sad to see him 30 years after Led Zeppelin period...

I really agree, leddy--and what a great way to celebrate Team GB's fantastic success there!

Yes it has been cool, they have alot to live up to now in 2012, but thats a good thing :)

The BBC just had a quick post performance interview with the three of them. Jimmy looked very happy, joked that it was great for everyone, even 'old timer's like me'. He had a little giggle and then he walked away :D

is this on you tube yet? anyone have a link? thanks!

Sincerely I don't like LL and her voice and honestly I've not seen the ceremony becouse I was not so excited to see Pagey play (probably in play-back) with her...

Well, don't kill me but I think it's sad to see him 30 years after Led Zeppelin period...

You should see it. She sounded great! And I don't get the "sad to see him 30 years after Led Zeppelin period" thing. But too each their own I suppose.

*edit to add* Here's one of them Slave! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajAB-Bdmk00

You should see it. She sounded great! And I don't get the "sad to see him 30 years after Led Zeppelin period" thing. But too each their own I suppose.

I've just seen It and... Well I think the performance was in play-back... IMHO it was sad, as I said I don't like her voice, but, just a question: Why did he play Whole Lotta Love?? :blink:

lol ev, read my lips..AFTER performance interview! haha :D

Bah! I'm such a tard! No sweetie, haven't got that one yet! :lol:

I heard notes that I didnt see fretted either, but do YOU think any of what was heard was LIVE?

I can only speak on Jimmy. He was definitely not playing live. Dunno about Leona.

I can only speak on Jimmy. He was definitely not playing live. Dunno about Leona.

I'd not be surprised that, given the Chinese thirst for perfection in relation to these opening & closing ceremonies, they'd not leave anything to chance and the whole performance was mimed...

They started advertising a week ago for DVD of the opening ceremony, so I'm guessing that a complete DVD of opening & closing ceremonies plus event highlights will be available within a month.

That there would be as much justification for the pre-recording as any. You're probably very right about it! B)

I think when you're putting on a show on that scale, with a worldwide audience and a cast of thousands, and a zillion things that might go wrong (like, say, one of your musicians trips and breaks his pinky . . ), you just cover your ass in every way possible, like pre-recording whatever can be pre-recorded.

Slave to zep, there are a couple of Youtube clips further back up this thread. :)

Here you go--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajAB-Bdmk00

I think when you're putting on a show on that scale, with a worldwide audience and a cast of thousands, and a zillion things that might go wrong (like, say, one of your musicians trips and breaks his pinky . . ), you just cover your ass in every way possible, likte pre-recording whatever can be pre-recorded.

Slave to zep, there are a couple of Youtube clips further back up this thread. :)

yes, agree with you on that.....if something HAD gone wrong, then everyone would be screaming " why didnt they pre record it?! "

and again, yes, ive seen the performance, live and on you tube. im looking for an AFTER show interview. :D

yes, agree with you on that.....if something HAD gone wrong, then everyone would be screaming " why didnt they pre record it?! "

and again, yes, ive seen the performance, live and on you tube. im looking for an AFTER show interview. :D

Sorry. :ph34r: Guess I didn't read far back enough in the thread!

Archived