Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

Well I guess some of the fireworks in the opening ceromony were pre recorded or computer graphics so I guess they might well of mimed the song as some of you say !! Though Page did a good job of sweating well while playing lol :)

OK so Jimmy wasn't live (it was the solo that really showed that - his left hand was nowhere near where it should have been) but isn't it great that out of all the possible people that could have been asked to perform in Beijing JP was picked and they picked a LZ song. That in itself speaks volumes for me and at least gives me a bit of faith that some people in a few postions of influence get it right. SS

No Robert required.

Lots of people could sing for J P

Maybe I overlooked it, but I've just gone through over thirty pages on this thread. Please provide the link for the post performance interview with JP. I saw the pre show interview with Jimmy, Leona and Becks. Thanks.

Great job by Jimmy. He was spot on even if it may been pre-recorded. Leona did an admirable job with the vocals.

OK so Jimmy wasn't live (it was the solo that really showed that - his left hand was nowhere near where it should have been) but isn't it great that out of all the possible people that could have been asked to perform in Beijing JP was picked and they picked a LZ song. That in itself speaks volumes for me and at least gives me a bit of faith that some people in a few postions of influence get it right. SS

I concur. I think that's the majority's feelings as well.

Please provide the link for the post performance interview with JP. I saw the pre show interview with Jimmy, Leona and Becks. Thanks.

We're tryin bro! I haven't seen it uploaded anywhere yet. :D

Stupid question, I'm sure, but can anyone give me a sense of when in today's Olympics broadcast Jimmy performs? The program just started about 30 minutes ago in the U.S. Eastern time zone, and they're playing basketball right now ...

Will the hand-off be near the end of the program, in the middle, or what? With my luck, I'm afraid I'll be out walking the dog when Jimmy comes on :o:lol:

Stupid question, I'm sure, but can anyone give me a sense of when in today's Olympics broadcast Jimmy performs? The program just started about 30 minutes ago in the U.S. Eastern time zone, and they're playing basketball right now ...

Will the hand-off be near the end of the program, in the middle, or what? With my luck, I'm afraid I'll be out walking the dog when Jimmy comes on :o:lol:

Its near the end and I think the whole thing weighed in at about two hours give or take ten mins so uv got a while to wait yet fella

Yeah, the closing ceremonies with volleyball and a couple of other things started to air at 7pm ET in the U.S. It ends at 10:30 pm with a highlight show to follow. I'm guessing the closing ceremonies to start airing around 8:15-8:30 (minutes from now). Jimmy around 10 pm or so probably, but I'd start watching no later than 9:30 just to be certain you don't miss it. I hope the American broadcasters don't talk over Jimmy's performance like those igornant French asshole announcers who didn't seem to give a shit about it. Totally irresponsible journalism IMHO. Agreed?

Yeah, the closing ceremonies with volleyball and a couple of other things started to air at 7pm ET in the U.S. It ends at 10:30 pm with a highlight show to follow. I'm guessing the closing ceremonies to start airing around 8:15-8:30 (minutes from now). Jimmy around 10 pm or so probably, but I'd start watching no later than 9:30 just to be certain you don't miss it. I hope the American broadcasters don't talk over Jimmy's performance like those igornant French asshole announcers who didn't seem to give a shit about it. Totally irresponsible journalism IMHO. Agreed?

Should be 9.15 PM EST unless NBC did a nice edit job and interspersed non- closing ceremonial footage in their broadcast. I think USA is the only country in the world that does not air live broadcast of closing ceremonies

I think USA is the only country in the world that does not air live broadcast of closing ceremonies

I think they would have, but we'd a'been a'sleepin! :lol:

Well, if the bloody schedule channel were worth a shit, I'd have stayed up! :rolleyes:

I'll post this in this thread, 'cause it's all relative anyway.

He's comedy gold. He did not disappoint.

Link

Hope it works for overseas viewers.

"Carrying an ox the length of the field, and then eating it!" :hysterical:

To "wiff waff" coming home! :thumbsup:

I watched it live last night and it was 1 hour & 10 minutes into the show.

Even though it wasn't "live" which would have been great, it was still Jimmy playing and sounding great. It's just great to see him rejuvenated and clearly ready to get back to where he should be...on the stage :D

I gotta agree with that. It was hokey but Jimmy looked great and ready for the next gun fight. :D

"Carrying an ox the length of the field, and then eating it!" :hysterical:

To "wiff waff" coming home! :thumbsup:

You look at him and think 'fuck, this man is the mayor of our capital' and then he talks and it's just genius. Where does he get it? :D

He gets so much ridicule, but I actually like him. Total nutter, but he's got personality.

Wiff waff :D

'I have every confidence that when people come to London in 2012, they're gonna find it's gonna be different from 1908' :lol:

I'll post this in this thread, 'cause it's all relative anyway.

He's comedy gold. He did not disappoint.

Link

Hope it works for overseas viewers.

Britain smacked the Chinese at bicycling??

Who'da thunk it?

The daily commute:

beijing-bicycle1.jpg

The office car park:

I-excursions-pic3.jpg

Archived