Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

Seriously, if Jimmy goes through this perfomance, you've got to appreciate him for his sense of humor alone. I'm not being disrepectful to my guitar god either. He's 64 and still wants to do crazy stuff. This takes balls!! I may not agree with the lineup, but I'll be putting the mute button on my remote to good use until Jimmy comes on board. :)

Call me a nay sayer, but I am not very keen on this whole idea. We are all Page fans, but I do not think that this will go over as well as many here think. Not trying to be negative and I hope I'm wrong, but just how I feel about it.

There can be nothing negative about Jimmy playing live...anyplace, anytime. When a legend performs, we watch in awe.

It's all good.

There can be nothing negative about Jimmy playing live...anyplace, anytime. When a legend performs, we watch in awe.

It's all good.

Except maybe not enough Jimmy playing.

There better be a focus on JP rather then this pop star he's going to "duet" with. KWIM?

First I thought this wouldnt be good idea. Jimmz the god of guitar Page playing a stupid song. Then I realized hey ppl what jimmy is taking it cann

ot be bad. And now im sayin to all ppl here jimmys the man, hes gonna do it outst

anding if he really is going to perform on the 24th.   :D

Hey all! I'm wondering about the word "duet." I don't think it means Jimmy will be singing, but that the focus of this part of the show will be on two people: Jimmy (playing guitar) and Leona (singing). I could be wrong, though...

Edit to add this: Maybe they can pull out and dust off "She Just Satisfies." :hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZGO7rj14Q

I remember when I first heard about the Plant/Krauss collaboration, it got me thinking about other female singers Robert could work with. I actually thought that he would've been interested in working with Leona Lewis... and now I hear about Jimmy working with her. Spooky! :)

Oh GAWD, Knebby....don't tell me they'll be doing WLL...from your sig... :o:blink:

Plus....I've never heard Jimmy's "duet voice" that will be VERY interesting!

i was wondering about whole lotta love too.........jimmy wouldnt be singing, just playing. hes never sung before ( well, not counting the wll love chorus, and the bit in tangerine) i dont see why he would start singing now!

i think its all good, he will be performing in front of the largest audience possible. how wonderful for him. i know it will be fantastic, and i wish him the best.

damned if i can understand the negativity from the minority..........

People who can't see the positives in this aren't looking hard enough.

And Leona is a great singer.

Absolutely. The doubters of Jimmy's Beijing appearance should recall the line from Hamlet.... "Though this be madness, yet there is method in it"

and yes, Leona is a great singer :)

Archived