Old Metallica or New Metallica?

LedZep1969

If Cliff isn't playing with them I don't care.

That's pretty much how I feel. I do like the odd song here and there, but Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are masterpieces! Nothing against Kill em All of course.

I have to say that Cyanide is not a good sign, if they were takin it old school. Sounds alot like Load to me, and that's an ok albums and all, but it pales in comparison to the rest best that last shit album, that I won't even endorse, and they have apparently gone looney if they think Cyanide sounds even remotely like the early stuff.

I am all for a band progressing, and I'm not expecting a career defining album, but jeebus, I hope at least has a couple good songs on it.

^^I just can't get past Lars' torqued up, ringing snare sound on St Anger. Ping Ping Ping Ping! No wonder there's so much Anger! :lol:

Oh my GOD!!! I thought I was the only one!

I remember thinking why in the hell did they have that annoying ass sounding drum noise on all those St. Anger songs? It really made me hate the album. The constant ping ping ping and bong bong bong just seemed sooo out of place.

I will say this, though... I actually had a little more appreciation for some of the St. Anger songs seeing them performed live and without that horrible drum sound.

So far Cyanide doesn't seem bad, but I am going to reserve judgment until I hear the whole Death Magnetic album. I have my fingers crossed!

I have to say that Cyanide is not a good sign, if they were takin it old school. Sounds alot like Load to me, and that's an ok albums and all, but it pales in comparison to the rest best that last shit album, that I won't even endorse, and they have apparently gone looney if they think Cyanide sounds even remotely like the early stuff.

I am all for a band progressing, and I'm not expecting a career defining album, but jeebus, I hope at least has a couple good songs on it.

It sounds a little like "The Thing That Should Not Be" from "Master of Puppets" if you ask me.

Old Metallica is where it's at for me. I love almost every song they did from every album up until Load. I didn't hate the newer stuff, it just didn't appeal to me like the earlier albums. But I like certain songs like "King Nothing" and "The Memory Remains".

Archived