2012: Not just for the Mayans anymore!

Evster2012

I know much has been written about the Mayan Long Count Calendar, Nostradamus, The Hopi, even the Bible.

But consider this:

In 2012, something will happen that only happens every 26,000 odd years. The Earth, by way of precession, will cross the equator of the solar system. It's fairly accepted that there lay a black hole there. So when we cross the celestial equator, what could happen? When the Earth and Sun align with the Galactic womb in Sagittarius. Magnetic polar shift? Some astrophysicists believe so. The tectonic plates could slide over the mantle and suddenly the magnetic pole is in the Sahara. This has happened before, repeatedly over the millenia. That's a scientific fact. In fact, the strata and radio carbon dating has shown that polar shift and this same galactic alignment line up rather closely, and are regular occurences on geologic scale. So what does that hold for us?

Well, a new John Cusack movie for one, due out next year. But that one relies on the Mayan Calendar predictions from what I briefly read.

But really, should I learn to make a proper igloo here in Southern California?? :beer:

I know much has been written about the Mayan Long Count Calendar, Nostradamus, The Hopi, even the Bible.

But consider this:

In 2012, something will happen that only happens every 26,000 odd years. The Earth, by way of precession, will cross the equator of the solar system. It's fairly accepted that there lay a black hole there. So when we cross the celestial equator, what could happen? When the Earth and Sun align with the Galactic womb in Sagittarius. Magnetic polar shift? Some astrophysicists believe so. The tectonic plates could slide over the mantle and suddenly the magnetic pole is in the Sahara. This has happened before, repeatedly over the millenia. That's a scientific fact. In fact, the strata and radio carbon dating has shown that polar shift and this same galactic alignment line up rather closely, and are regular occurences on geologic scale. So what does that hold for us?

Well, a new John Cusack movie for one, due out next year. But that one relies on the Mayan Calendar predictions from what I briefly read.

But really, should I learn to make a proper igloo here in Southern California?? :beer:

Well I'm not one for romantic comedies, but I always like a good John Cusack vehicle. :lol:

Whatever happens, I can't wait.

I'm with you Kat! Bet you could use a nice sunny 90 fahrenheit day there about now! Get some color into those legs (Mozzarella???) ! ;)

I could certainly use a 60 degree rainy day over here. :rolleyes::lol:

If the Earth was sucked into a black hole, wouldnt it be ripped off its axis, thereby hurtling everybody and everything into outerspace?

I'm not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination. So, if this question sounds dumb to the more scientifically minded, oh well. :D

If the Earth was sucked into a black hole, wouldnt it be ripped off its axis, thereby hurtling everybody and everything into outerspace?

I'm not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination. So, if this question sounds dumb to the more scientifically minded, oh well. :D

Oh no no! Not sucked into the black hole or anything like that! Just that the influence of crossing the galactic equator could conceivably causing a reversal of the planet's magnetic pole. Like I said, it's happened before, historically, and the planet's still here and alive. No, nthing so catastrophic as all that. But yes, an upheaval. Earthquakes, tsunamis, radical temperature shifts. That sort of thing.

Remember the dinosaurs? Maybe it wasn't a comet or asteroid. Maybe it was a pole shift.

Oh no no! Not sucked into the black hole or anything like that! Just that the influence of crossing the galactic equator could conceivably causing a reversal of the planet's magnetic pole. Like I said, it's happened before, historically, and the planet's still here and alive. No, nthing so catastrophic as all that. But yes, an upheaval. Earthquakes, tsunamis, radical temperature shifts. That sort of thing.

Remember the dinosaurs? Maybe it wasn't a comet or asteroid. Maybe it was a pole shift.

Got it. :) A pole shift is scary. Not as bad as hurting through space but bad enough.

You might be right about the dinosaurs. Makes sense to me.

In the case of a pole shift, its not the natural elements, Earthquakes, tsunamis, radical temperature shifts ect. that would worry me, its the reactions of crazy neighbors and relatives that would cause major problems.

Your neighbors are like that too eh? :lol:

Take it Jerry:

The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,

you can't let go and you can't hold on,

you can't go back and you can't stand still,

if the thunder don't get ya then the lightning will.

Won't you try just a little bit harder,

couldn't you try just a little bit more?

Round, round robin run round, gotta

get back where you belong,

little bit harder, just a little bit more,

a little bit harder than ya gone before.

Small wheel turnin' by the fire in the rod,

big wheel turn by the grace of God,

every time that wheel turn round,

bound to cover just a little more ground.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme.....'do :whistling: do :whistling: do :whistling: do :whistling: ........." :D

Central and South America the untamed continent.

This primevil land mass, from before Cortez and Montezuma, to the discovery of a "lost" tribe recently, Aztec pyramids of Mexico, the Mayan temples of Guatemala and Inca "flight paths" etched into Machu Piccu, Peru, it is truly the mysterious continent.

Is it a coincidence that of all the civilisations, they were the only races who captured "space travel" within their art?

Is it a coincidence that with the "development" of the Amazon rainforest, global warming occurred almost simultaneously?

Is it a coincidence that the most dangerous drug menace to the west originates out of the Andes which are covered with "ice"?

Did they not invent the most paradoxic of substances; chocolate, cocaine, coffee and popcorn?

There are many other things going on in the geological world, volcanic eruptions earthquakes, fires and violent storms etc....

Whatever happens in December 2012, may well emanate out of Central - South America.

But consider this:

I think I recall that happening. It was a long time ago, though :D

I do remember that damn meteorite crashing in the Yucatan. That was a bit messy ;)

Magnetic polar shift? Some astrophysicists believe so. The tectonic plates could slide over the mantle and suddenly the magnetic pole is in the Sahara. This has happened before, repeatedly over the millenia. That's a scientific fact. In fact, the strata and radio carbon dating has shown that polar shift and this same galactic alignment line up rather closely, and are regular occurences on geologic scale. So what does that hold for us?

Do you mean Polar Shift or Geomagnetic reversal?

Polar shift is merely a hypothesis, not actually physically proven, however geomagnetic reversal has been shown to have happened many times, and it has little to do with passing through the solar equator

During our planet's history, I am guessing such (and/or similar) magnetic alterations would have taken place literally hundreds of times .... (?) :unsure:

But the Earth survives. And isn't it likely that some such transformations would have been of a far more highly volatile nature, and some would have been comparatively mild.

Some life forms would have been wiped out instantly, others would have taken time to disappear, and some no doubts would have survived all of these changes, and remain with us today. My feeling is that if you can survive the initial violence of the crisis, for say one calendar year, you should be able to mount a full recovery.

All guesswork to me of course - but my survival strategy would (and WILL) be simply to stock up ..... with EVERYTHING. (Just as you would in the event of a nuclear winter - after all, that is exactly what it may turn out to be)

Do you mean Polar Shift or Geomagnetic reversal?

Polar shift is merely a hypothesis, not actually physically proven, however geomagnetic reversal has been shown to have happened many times, and it has little to do with passing through the solar equator

Crust actually shifting on the mantle like a gyroscope. Yes, a hypothesis, but one seriously considered by archaeologists.

Then there's what Zeppy added. Can we add the Sumerian creation story, the Enuma Elish (oh no! Not the Nefilim returning from Nibiru!) :lol:

Paging Zecharia Sitchen! :lol:

BTW, this thread was intended for hypothesis and mostly, entertainment. ;)

Oh, and Kat, I have my inflatable raft for when Europe goes 100 feet under water! ;)

But consider this:

I remember this story.......

It was called WATERWORLD, staring the great Kevin Costner.........

Now I wish I could get back that 3 hours of my life even MORE..................

But the only thing they were able to hypothesise was that there was a polar shift of perhaps 50 degrees over 20 million years. For it to happen just suddenly in 2012 is considerably unlikely

Unless we are at the end of the current 20 million year cycle!

So people believe that the world will end because of the laziness of a bunch of savages? I guess tearing people's hearts out for sacrifice shows the peak of human intelligence.

When nothing happens in 2012 I will be glad to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

You know I wouldn't be so quick to brush off this 2012 thing.......

Remember the terrible panic leading up to the Y2K crisis and we know what happend then.....

em, .......

Nevermind.

Archived