2012: Not just for the Mayans anymore!

Evster2012

but if we were already at the end of a 20 million year cycle, the pole would be over Thailand already...

It must be 2012 already...I'm gone for 5 days and suddenly there are TWO people in the world that have 'that pic' as their sig file?! OMG!!! :huh:

You know I wouldn't be so quick to brush off this 2012 thing.......

Remember the terrible panic leading up to the Y2K crisis and we know what happend then.....

em, .......

Nevermind.

Y2K was man made.

We are talking about nature here.

As for the poles being over Thailand now, it's aburd to think that it couldn't just happen.

Every incident whether natural or man made happens in an instant, it's just that nature is seemingly slow, yet prone to showing subtle signs of change.

Volcanoes can simmer for days before erupting, look at Pompei and Krakatoa and the damage created.

With all the volcanic activity lately on land and under the sea, a simultaneous eruption along the Ring of Fire (located near the Equator), coupled with earthquakes would be enough energy to shift the planet.

It only needs something like that to cause a shift in the poles plus the ash and dust created to instigate another change to our climate, thus setting off a chain reaction that could be cataclysmic.

Do I know it will happen?

No.

Do I think it will happen?

No.

Do I think it could happen?

Yes.

We'll have to wait and see.

Hi all,

We are talking about nature here.

Every incident whether natural or man made happens in an instant, it's just that nature is seemingly slow, yet prone to showing subtle signs of change.

>Geological change is slow,the earth is 4 billion + years old.Isn't, slow and subtle almost the same thing?<

Volcanoes can simmer for days before erupting, look at Pompei and Krakatoa and the damage created.

With all the volcanic activity lately on land and under the sea, a simultaneous eruption along the Ring of Fire (located near the Equator), coupled with earthquakes would be enough energy to shift the planet.

>The ring of fire is the whole Pacfic.Mt Saint Helens,the recent eruption in Alaska?The the two active volcanos in Hokkaido?There are not near the equator,....<

It only needs something like that to cause a shift in the poles plus the ash and dust created to instigate another change to our climate, thus setting off a chain reaction that could be cataclysmic.

Unless and out side event occures,asteriods,etc,...events on this planet will not effect it.Humans,animals,different story,....

KB (come to my end of the world party,naked,BYOB!!! :lol: )

Albert Einstein was "electrified" when he learned of Charles Hapgood's theory in "Path of the Poles", whereby ice build-up at the polar caps could eventually cause the crust to "slide" over the lava ocean until the centrifugal force of the spinning Earth brought those ice caps around to the equator. Geological evidence suggests that something like this has happened repeatedly during the "life" of the planet; the magnetic poles seem to have shifted at least 171 known times. In other words, a "critical mass" of ice, coupled with an extremely high lunar influence, may be all that is necessary to trigger the next polar shift in the Earth's crust; leading to massive earth quakes, volcanos, and tsunamis beyond the scope of our present imaginations. The spinning earth core maintains its usual momentum, the magnetic poles remain in place, but there appears to be a polar/earth shift because the crust has slid over the magnetic poles! Charles Hapgood's theory has never been disproven.

Of course, if we keep melting the polar ice... ;)

Imagine that! Global warming saves the world! :lol:

• 4 years later...

Archived