The Worst Song Ever!

Ronniedawg

I am assuming you know that "wrapped up like a deuce" 1)came from Manfred Mann's

cover of Springsteen's "Blinded By the Light", not "The Mighty Quinn"...and 2) isn't even

the correct lyric...which was "cut loose like a deuce".

That's what made Manfred Mann's version of "Blinded" so appalling, was that he got

the lyric wrong: he sang "wrapped up like a DOUCHE", because like a lot of Brits,

he was clueless when it came to hotrod culture(a distinctly American rite of passage),

and didn't know that Bruce was referring to a 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe.

Just a little deuce coupe with a Flathead mill

...but she'll walk a Thunderbird like it's standing still

She's ported and relieved,and she's stroked and bored

She'll do a-hundred-and-forty in the top-end floored..

That makes up for "Kokomo"

B)

Sweet Child of Mine. Worst song I have ever heard. By far. Worse than 'Feelings'. Even whinier than Yoko.

I used to think that too. But I changed my opinion after a while.

The intro still annoys me, though.

Oh, and regarding the back and forth about Manfred Mann at the beginning of this thread.

I am assuming you know that "wrapped up like a deuce" 1)came from Manfred Mann's

cover of Springsteen's "Blinded By the Light", not "The Mighty Quinn"...and 2) isn't even

the correct lyric...which was "cut loose like a deuce".

That's what made Manfred Mann's version of "Blinded" so appalling, was that he got

the lyric wrong: he sang "wrapped up like a DOUCHE", because like a lot of Brits,

he was clueless when it came to hotrod culture(a distinctly American rite of passage),

and didn't know that Bruce was referring to a 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe.

He sang "revved up like a deuce" not "wrapped up like a douche". I just listened to the song 5 minutes ago.

Well first off let me say the website that makes those lists are biased idiots The Beatles would never have be in any list like that :angry: and The Doors!? :angry::angry::angry: they are obviosly biased against them as there on every "the worst" list thy have (50 worst songs, 50 worst bands, 40 worst rock lyricists).

And about the song well I cannot stand anything by Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. I was at my friends house and it was 3:30 A.M. and I said "Hey lets watch The Dark Knight on your computer" so at 6:00 A.M. we went to sleep for something like three hours, shortly after that his bitch of a sister comes down and basically takes the remote and puts on Disney. So guess what's on...stupid Hannah Montana for like two hours or something and they were constantly playing her songs inbetween commercials. If she could sing as good as she looks she would actually be enjoyable but my god I was hoping a bolt of lightning would strike me and put into a coma...woo I feel better.

Played in supermarkets disgustingly often. Dunno the title, all I can provide to identify the song is the line "this kiss, this kiss" screamed over and over. Don't remember anything else, the repulsion is too strong. Don't know who wrote or who sings it (sounds like some "dumb blond" type chick), but I'd like very much to strangle both. The urge to simultaneously vomit and to reach and slap that singer across the face, hard, is overwhelming.

puke2.gif

AR15firing.gif

I can't believe The End is on that list, I love that song.

Yeah, I know. My favorite Doors song. The Doors are one of my top 5 favorite bands (right behind Zeppelin and the Floyd) but that website sure isn't fond of The Doors for some reason.

"The Mighty Quinn"

I'm not a big fan of that song or Manfred Mann, but it was kind of fun to watch Klaus Voorman switch from bass to recorder and back. I couldn't figure out where he kept the recorder while playing the bass... then realized he was holding it the entire time in his left hand, behind the bass guitar neck. Not bad for a dude who's never really been a real musician. :D

Played in supermarkets disgustingly often. Dunno the title, all I can provide to identify the song is the line "this kiss, this kiss" screamed over and over. Don't remember anything else, the repulsion is too strong. Don't know who wrote or who sings it (sounds like some "dumb blond" type chick), but I'd like very much to strangle both. The urge to simultaneously vomit and to reach and slap that singer across the face, hard, is overwhelming.

puke2.gif

AR15firing.gif

Faith Hill does that song. She's a country singer who's married to another country singer, Tim McGraw.

In the early 80s, one of the NYC rock stations (WNEW) had something called "The Dreaded Midnight Oldie" where they would play some terrible song. When this feature first started, I made a list of songs that I thought might appear, and I think I heard just about all of them... These are some that they played (anyone who grew up in the 70s probably knows them all):

Convoy (CW McCall)

Billy Don't be A Hero (Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods)

The Night Chicago Died (Paper Lace)

Disco Duck (Rick Dees & His Cast of Idiots)

Beach Baby (First Class)

Seasons In The Sun (Terry Jacks)

Heartbeat- It's a Love Beat (the DeFranco Family)

Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band)

In the early 80s, one of the NYC rock stations (WNEW) had something called "The Dreaded Midnight Oldie" where they would play some terrible song. When this feature first started, I made a list of songs that I thought might appear, and I think I heard just about all of them... These are some that they played (anyone who grew up in the 70s probably knows them all):

Convoy (CW McCall)

Beach Baby (First Class)

When my brother and I drove long distances we would have a contest to see who could think of and sing the most horrible songs. Many of those listed here were sung.

How about:

Muskrat Love (Captain and Tenniel)

Knock Three Times (Tony Orlando and Dawn)

Kung Fu Fighting (Carl Douglas)

When my brother and I drove long distances we would have a contest to see who could think of and sing the most horrible songs. Many of those listed here were sung.

How about:

Muskrat Love (Captain and Tenniel)

Knock Three Times (Tony Orlando and Dawn)

Kung Fu Fighting (Carl Douglas)

When I was a kid, I actually liked "Kung Fu Fighting" and had it on a 45. :bagoverhead:

^^ I like Kung Fu Fighting too! Makes me wanna bust out some karate moves, LOL!! Anyways, as far as "worst song" this is more like a song I get sick of when I hear it, I saw the video this morning, "Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. It was ok when it first came out, but talk about overkill! I know I have many others, but that one got stuck in my brain!

Convoy (CW McCall)

Beach Baby (First Class)

My Lord that is one horrid list. I remember them all.

Seasons in the Sun, i would not wish that kind of torture on anybody.

How about "I Kissed A Girl," hmm? I know it's not really good enough to be a song, but one might as well call it an attempt. Anything by Yucko is pure fucking gold compared to that. Another bad one...how about the classic "I Hate Jimmy Page," by Mindless Self-Indulgence?

Archived