Dropped Songs - LZ II

Ronniedawg

I understand "We're Gonna Groove" and a song entitled "Sugar Mama" were recorded for LZ II but never made it...is this correct, and any more titles?

I'm not sure whether We're Gonna Groove was meant for LZ I or LZ II, but Sugar Mama was definitely recording with the intention of releasing it on LZ II.

I'm not sure whether We're Gonna Groove was meant for LZ I or LZ II, but Sugar Mama was definitely recording with the intention of releasing it on LZ II.

Correct. Recorded at Morgan Studios for LZ II. There is a small chance there was probably another song recorded at Morgan Studios, but like "Sugar Mama", was discarded.

Correct. Recorded at Morgan Studios for LZ II. There is a small chance there was probably another song recorded at Morgan Studios, but like "Sugar Mama", was discarded.

You could make an album of the songs that were discarded from the sessions for Led Zeppelin II.

Anyone know which other songs were discarded for LZZ II??

There were a number of songs that were either partially written (SIBLY, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp) or performed live (The Girl I Love, Travelling Riverside Blues, As Long As I Have You) in 1969. However, I would not describe any of those songs as being "discarded". (In order for something to be discarded, it must first be considered -- and no one in the band has ever indicated that any of those songs were considered for the 2nd album).

There is some evidence that "We're Gonna Groove" was first recorded during the 2nd album sessions. However, the version on Coda was recorded after the 2nd album was released, and the mysterious "June 1969" version has never surfaced.

Archived