New AC/DC Album: Black Ice!

Lupen

The Song Is Here!

The song is streaming non-stop at AC/DC's official website.

You can also find it at AC/DC's MySpace and on YouTube (poor quality).

The song is pure AC/DC, good old rock 'n roll, catchy riff, Brian's vocals are more than I (and others) have expected. All that topped with Angus' explosive solo...one hell of a song! Can't wait to get my hands on the full album!

later edit> found another YT vid, better quality this time!

More here!

I don't know dude. I listened to the new song twice and I hope that isn't the best track on the new CD. :(

One thing, it ain't Zeppelin!

Lol, I don't think it was supposed to be Zeppelin.

I personally love it. I think it will be a great song for a concert too. At least the chorus kicks major ass. Sounds more like a song from H2H or smth, but certainly smth before Brian.

Lol, I don't think it was supposed to be Zeppelin.

I personally love it. I think it will be a great song for a concert too. At least the chorus kicks major ass. Sounds more like a song from H2H or smth, but certainly smth before Brian.

Yeah, well they always wished to be!

So far, it looks like people's reaction are pretty good regarding the new single. Most of them agree that this is a great song, AC/DC as we all know it! And fans seem now even more excited about the new album (including me). Hope Wal-Mart will give us some song previews pretty soon!

High expectations for the forthcoming album!

Yeah, well they always wished to be!

Did they? I have never read anything in that regard. I don't think think they ever wanted to do anything other than bash the hell outta their instruments and play down and dirty rock and roll. Besides they've sold their share of albums, and made some great music. Sure Zep is obviously a better all around band, but is there anybody you'd rather listen to, when you wanna toss back some beers and get rowdy.

One of the greatest shows you will ever see.

I dig the new song. Musically, it really leans on the Bon Scott era. BiB onwards I felt had a certain perfection to the sound, that isn't quite as good.

The verdict on AC/DC's new album

Australian rockers AC/DC have delivered their best album in decades, based on a sample of tracks from the upcoming album Black Ice. NEWS.com.au today heard seven tracks from the new album in the studios of the band’s Sydney headquarters, Albert Music.

The songs – Anything Goes, War Machine, Stormy May Day, She Likes Rock N Roll, Money Made and Black Ice, along with the current single Rock N’ Roll Train – suggest the band has made a remarkable return to form after a series of fan-only albums in recent years.

Judging by these songs, the 15-track album is the band’s most consistent and accessible release since Back in Black.

Anything Goes has the potential to be the band’s biggest hit since You Shook Me All Night Long if released - under one plan - as a second single.

Opening with a guitar sound that recalls Bon Scott’s bagpipes in Long Way to the Top, Anything Goes is a delicious 1970s tune with blood-pumping, 2008 production values.

The Young brothers would disagree, but it is the closest thing to a pop song the band has done and will pull in many new fans.

The songs heard today draw from periods throughout the band’s career.

Black Ice is a head-banging anthem from the For Those About to Rock era, with a riff as good as any the Youngs have written.

War Machine is a hard and fast affair reminiscent of Back in Black’s Given The Dog a Bone.

Money Made is a bass-heavy boogie with guitar chords that seem to hang back, teasing, before sling-shotting into a chorus from the Blow Up Your Video era.

Stormy May Day offers something new - a huge over-driven slide guitar hook that is a favourite in the Alberts studio.

Producer Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, The Offspring) and long-time AC/DC mixer Mike Fraser should take a major credit for the album, delivering a very contemporary sound -- probably the best production value of any AC/DC album to date.

The vocals are one of the big surprises of the album. In a modern medical miracle, front man Brian Johnson’s vocal chords have patched themselves up to deliver his best vocal performance since the 1980s.

O’Brien has also worked hard on the back-up vocals, which makes a tremendous difference in the choruses.

This is not Back in Black. It won’t sell the 45 million copies of the 1980 classic.

But on a first listen it is by far the best thing AC/DC has produced in a quarter of a century.

Black Ice is due out in Australia on October 18 and around the world on October 20.

Source

Things might come, things might go, we might move with technology, musicians get technically better (although not as musicians, but thats another topic) but AC/DC remain AC/DC..love the song, no compromise, no showing any latest technique, it just rocks and it uplifts me and makes me wanna rock :)...For those about to Rock weeeeeeeeeee saluuuute Youuuuuuuuuuuu !!

This article could probably be posted in another thread but because AC/DC are specifically mentioned as a group that has decided to stay with full album sales rather than single digital track sales, I'll post it here (nice photo of the band too):

More Artists Steer Clear of iTunesApple's Online Music Store Sells Lots of Singles,But Labels Seek Higher Profits of Full Album SalesBy ETHAN SMITH and NICK WINGFIELDWall Street JournalAugust 28, 2008; Page B1

I think I've spotted a few similitudes between High Voltage album and Black Ice.

First, the last track gives the album its name (High Voltage is the last track from the album, Black Ice is the last one from this album). Third track on HV is The Jack, third track on Black Ice is Big Jack. The first tracks from both albums have videos. On HV we have Rock 'n' Roll Singer, on Black Ice we have Rock 'n' Roll Dream. High Voltage was AC/DC's first album (released internationally), Black Ice may be their last one.

I can't stop listening to Rock 'n Roll Train right now. It's just pure AC/DC, nothing more, nothing less. I thought Brian Johnson's vocals would be shot by now, but I guess not. And I would love to sing this chorus with a crowd at their concert.

AC/DC 101

"Rock 'N' Roll Train" is just the first page in the latest chapter in AC/DC history. Don't fear! ACDC.com's got you covered with the entire history book. Check out our new feature, AC/DC 101, for an interactive, in-depth look at each decade of the Acca Dacca annals.

First up is the 1970s. Click here to watch, read and listen as AC/DC grows from humble beginnings in the nightclubs of Sydney to riding down the highway to hell of fame in just a few short years.

You might have heard the tale before, but it's never been told quite like this. With vintage video footage, recovered photos and a new spin on an age-old story, AC/DC 101 is a crash course in the history of the world's most electrifying rock & roll band.

So, go get your schoolboy uniform starched and pressed because class is now in session. Don't be tardy!

83b59ec637.jpg

AC/DC Radio comes to Sirius for limited run

Legendary Australian hard rock band, AC/DC, whose popular Back in Black album sold over 42 million copies worldwide, will host their own limited run satellite radio channel Sirius Satellite Radio beginning next Monday.

AC/DC Radio will be broadcast on Sirius channel 29 and will debut on Monday, September 15, 2008 at 6 pm ET and run through to January 15th of next year.

The channel will play all the classic AC/DC rock recordings such as "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)," "You Shook Me All Night Long," and "Back in Black" as well as new songs from their Brendan O'Brien produced album, Black Ice , the band's first studio album in eight years.

The channel will also feature AC/DC band members Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams, Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd describing their rock & roll career spanning more than 30 years and sharing their personal insights into their music.

AC/DC has sold more than 200 million albums worldwide including Back in Black which is the fifth highest-selling album of all time. AC/DC was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in March 2003.

SIRIUS AC/DC RADIO

sirius.jpg

Words: Digital Home Canada

AC/DC FanClub

Can't get enough AC/DC? Join the AC/DC Fan Club and get more of the world's most electrifying rock & roll band than you can 'shake a leg' at!

As part of the Fan Club, you'll enjoy special access to tickets should concert dates be announced, an exclusive AC/DC gift mailed to your door, discounts on merchandise, and entrance into all areas of ACDC.com, including the AC/DC message boards, members-only contests and more.

Join the AC/DC Fan Club today!

Cost: $ 40.00

offer1.gif

AC/DC have confirmed the first leg of their Black Ice World Tour.

According to Billboard the first stop on the tour will be on 28 October at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

The band will head to South America, Europe and Asia in 2009.

Here’s the tour dates:

Oct. 28 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

Oct. 30 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Nov. 03 - Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse

Nov. 05 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

Nov. 07 - Toronto, ONT - Rogers Centre

Nov. 09 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden

Nov. 12-13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

Nov. 15 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

Nov. 17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center

Nov. 19 - East Rutherford, NJ - IZOD Center

Nov. 21 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center

Nov. 23 - Minneapolis, MN - Xcel Energy Center

Nov. 25 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

Nov. 28 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place

Nov. 29 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena

Nov. 30 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome

Dec. 02 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena

Dec. 06 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

Dec. 10 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center

Dec. 12 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Dec. 14 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Dec. 16 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena

Dec. 18 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena

Can't wait for them to come to England, whats the odds on then headlining Castle Donington for the 4th time ?? although its called Download now and not Monsters of Rock !!!

Archived