New AC/DC Album: Black Ice!

Lupen

^ We have a thread for the tour dates.

Yes I did notice that, but as I came across this ac/dc thread first i put it here as people had mentioned on here about the pending tour. Once i had posted then went to the next thread , then another i finaaly came across it, so my bad for putting an ac/dc related topic in and ac/dc thread <_<:rolleyes:

AC/DC Radio comes to Sirius for limited run

Legendary Australian hard rock band, AC/DC, whose popular Back in Black album sold over 42 million copies worldwide, will host their own limited run satellite radio channel Sirius Satellite Radio beginning next Monday.

AC/DC Radio will be broadcast on Sirius channel 29 and will debut on Monday, September 15, 2008 at 6 pm ET and run through to January 15th of next year.

The channel will play all the classic AC/DC rock recordings such as "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)," "You Shook Me All Night Long," and "Back in Black" as well as new songs from their Brendan O'Brien produced album, Black Ice , the band's first studio album in eight years.

The channel will also feature AC/DC band members Angus Young, Malcolm Young, Cliff Williams, Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd describing their rock & roll career spanning more than 30 years and sharing their personal insights into their music.

AC/DC has sold more than 200 million albums worldwide including Back in Black which is the fifth highest-selling album of all time. AC/DC was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in March 2003.

SIRIUS AC/DC RADIO

sirius.jpg

Words: Digital Home Canada

And if you have an XM radio, AC/DC Radio is now on channel 53 (replacing Fungus for now).

Exclusive BW&BK: Producer Mike Fraser Talks About New AC/DC Album

“I Think It’s Back More In The Direction Of The Razor’s Edge”

Click here to read the whole article!

Brian is singing better here than Razor's Edge. Go listen to Thunderstruck. His voice is almost all white noise on that. It's still a signature album, but a far cry from the full-bodied Bob Seeger-esque voice he had on Back in Black. From what I've heard from the new album, Brian is at least halfway back to his original Back in Black voice.

The tickets for the Vancouver show sold out in 4 minutes!

I think next year is going to be a good year for gigs next year here in England, ACDC and the Zep boys in some form too hopefully, now if I can get Van halen to get their butts over here :)

I think next year is going to be a good year for gigs next year here in England, ACDC and the Zep boys in some form too hopefully, now if I can get Van halen to get their butts over here :)

Any rumours about where AC/DC will be playing in the UK? I hope it's a proper tour and not just a one-off at Download or something.

Any rumours about where AC/DC will be playing in the UK? I hope it's a proper tour and not just a one-off at Download or something.

Yes its a shame here really because I would like them to do things like Hammersmith. Portsmouth Guildhall etc, but it will either be a one off festival or the awful garages of Wembley Arena,NEC which is a shame..WE`shall see !!

Brian is singing better here than Razor's Edge. Go listen to Thunderstruck. His voice is almost all white noise on that. It's still a signature album, but a far cry from the full-bodied Bob Seeger-esque voice he had on Back in Black. From what I've heard from the new album, Brian is at least halfway back to his original Back in Black voice.

Hi:

I ws listening to Thunderstruck...Brian sounds like he is really straining his voice...the tune should have been a step or even half step lower..it still would have rocked...

Rock n' Roll Train is absolutely great.....it's in Brian's range...his voice sounds relaxed, focused and with that marvelous edge that only he has..The band's arrangement and accompaniment rawks!!!!

I hope it's sold in more store than Wal-mart...independent stores should have it on their shelves as well...

Juliet :wave:

PS Hopefully they will add shows.....considering how fast tickets went indicates that fans still love the band and don't mind that they have taken a leave of absence from recording or the stage for while

PSS Madonna and Tina Turner both added more shows in Toronto..

Archived