Robert's Silver Shoes

davidsbarney

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me find a picture of silver shoes Robert wore in early zep. As far as I remember they were like ballet pumps, flat anyway.

I thought they had pom poms but the only thing I can be sure about is that they were silver. They came up in conversation with a friend and I'm hoping someone can prove to her that I'm not going mad. :D

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

I seem to remember seeing pics of RP wearing silver shoes, not really "slippers", they were flat and tied more like an oxford shoe? Maybe someone will come across a pic for you and I will keep it in mind when looking at pics on the various Zep forums.

In the meantime I guess your friend will continue to think you are mad! :D:D

Just to narrow down the search, they are neither these:1972-06-25_LA_Backstage.jpg

nor these: 1971-.jpg

davidsbarney insists there are ballet shoes. maven2blue, I think these are converse, very dirty converse.

I personally can't believe the shoes she described really exist, and we are here to see who is right. :P

Aren't they snakeskin boots? (I'd really like to see the silver shoes, though--I'm probably the only person who loved those ballet slippers he used to wear in the 80s! :D )

Darn................ I thought those were silver shoes! :D

Thanks so much for looking all of you. :D

I had a look through the photos on this website and there are quite a few of the loafer silver shoes that someone posted a photo here of, so I may have mistaken one of these for ballet style shoes as they are flat enough if you can't see the heel and on the pic that Lynn posted, they look rather like I remember.

I may still find my shoes, but for now I will accept that they are the ones posted.... B) Anything to keep sfmbaby happy...... ;)

Thanks so much for looking all of you. :D

I had a look through the photos on this website and there are quite a few of the loafer silver shoes that someone posted a photo here of, so I may have mistaken one of these for ballet style shoes as they are flat enough if you can't see the heel and on the pic that Lynn posted, they look rather like I remember.

I may still find my shoes, but for now I will accept that they are the ones posted.... B) Anything to make sfmbaby happy...... ;)

I looked through the photos on this site too and it became apparent that the photographers were not focused on Robert's feet, imagine that! LOL

Here's a couple more that show the silver shoes pretty well:

la73_bw2.jpg

LA 73

chicago7-6-73e.jpg

Chicago 7-6-73

Here are some more pictures of those silver shoes which I've decided are THE silver shoes ^_^ but as you've noticed, the photographer wasn't focusing on his feet, seems to be have stopped at his knees mostly on the other ones..... ;)

sanantonio73u.jpg

la73-5.jpg

kezar73-6.jpg

I think he is some competition for Tommy Lee :o

Here are some more pictures of those silver shoes which I've decided are THE silver shoes ^_^ but as you've noticed, the photographer wasn't focusing on his feet, seems to be have stopped at his knees mostly on the other ones..... ;)

kezar73-6.jpg

Well now, I think I would like to have a pair of those silver shoes. They're very cool. By the way, check out the honkin' heels on those boots of JPJ's! :lol:

Well now, I think I would like to have a pair of those silver shoes. They're very cool. By the way, check out the honkin' heels on those boots of JPJ's! :lol:

Right. B) and they were from the days when robert was content to have flat shoes, relying on his six ft something frame to tower over people. :lol: Jpj's shoes are pretty amazing there. Wonder if he could walk in them? :D

Right. B) and they were from the days when robert was content to have flat shoes, relying on his six ft something frame to tower over people. :lol: Jpj's shoes are pretty amazing there. Wonder if he could walk in them? :D

I don't know but I bet he could fall off of them easily enough if he had too much to drink. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived