Rare Zeppelin pics...

LedZep1969

I don't know Otto. It's actually a sticker. :blink: Anyone date it? The sticker is from 1974.

Glad you like them RH!

For some reason when I see that wallpaperish backdrop, I think it's a photo from when Jimmy played with Roy Harper, possibly? I recall seeing it in a book.

FANTASTIC shots by the way, Knebby! :notworthy:

These two are from Newcastle Mayfair on the back-to-the-clubs tour of 1971. Sam has a couple of these in the Timeline photos but they are different.

pk514.jpg

pk515.jpg

Fantastic shots of the Mayfair gig!

I went to a few shows there in the 90's, great venue.

Imagine my despair going past it 10 years ago to see it being pulled down to make way for a car park i believe.

The price of progress eh?

So much history gone. Pete Townshend got beat up there in 69!!

And I just like these two, tho the first one isn't really 'rare'. :)

pk517.jpg

pk516.jpg

PS- Hi Ocean!

The Mayfair itself (which was below ground as you'll remember) is now the car park area for a cinema and bar complex built above ground. It was a shame when it went, saw some great gigs there myself. ;)

Yeah, always remember Shaun Ryder with a flaggon of ale in one hand and a massive spliff in the other!

And my mate getting thrown out for lighting one up!

Anyways, this is getting off the thread entirely!!

this is also for LZFord & aen27 who requested this story...

Friday November 18 Sydney International Airport 1pm

Page/Plant were due to fly out to Argentina as part of their Unledded promotional tour, so i took my chances of 'trying' to meet them. Jimmy arrived first in a white stetch limo (see in the background) Being a fellow guitarist, Jimmy and I got on real well and the best part was NO ONE else was there so it was one on one, Jimmy and i had a cigarette and talked while the entourage got all the luggage out and into the terminal. Robert arrived 5-10 minutes latter with a blonde in a red sports car :rolleyes: I do remember Robert taking a liking to a book of Australia 1972 tour photos i had them to sign called 'Whole Lotta Zep' and asked if he could have it, to which i responded 'ah, no'

i also have another picture taken with the both of them...which i'll try and find and scan if anyones interested B)

:o:o FoCK!

Oh my jesus!!!, I admire you man...hehe, I'm from Argentina :D

God, I want to meet him :depressed:

Let's get married :wub:

hahahaha :lol:

kisses!!! :hippy:

MAry JAne PAge

:tears: :tears: :tears: why?...WHY!!!!???????

God he was so cute...he is the only man in this world that I love deeply

Not even my boyfriend -_-

He has the most perfect smile EVER!

Oh Jimmy, Jimmy :wub: :wub: :wub:

Welcome among the Pagettes! :)

I must admitt, I have the same "problem"

Though I really love my boyfriend, I must say, that Pagey is the ultimate hero of my sweetest dreams... he is out of this world, he is the timeless and ethereal dream lover - I have never seen a man so alluring like him... :wub: And he is sweet even inside :wub:

:tears: :tears: :tears: why?...WHY!!!!???????

God he was so cute...he is the only man in this world that I love deeply

Not even my boyfriend -_-

He has the most perfect smile EVER!

Oh Jimmy, Jimmy :wub: :wub: :wub:

I understand. I do too. That's probobly why I don't. No one is like Jimmy.

Great to see that Southampton show looked as good as it sounds! :D Amazing to think of them playing on stages that small, so close to the audience.

My thoughts too Aqua :)

Thanks Knebby. Amazing photos!

First post-Zeppelin jam - Jimmy joins Robert onstage London Hammersmith Odeon December 13th 1983.

pk519.jpg

pk520.jpg

pk521.jpg

Seems odd now to see Robert onstage with a cig.

Cool! Thanks, Knebby! Yeah, seeing Robert with a smoke is as weird as seeing Jimmy nowdays without a smoke onstage!. I remember hearing about this but don't remember what they played. You recall?

I remember the night and the feelings clear as day - can't recall the songs! Someone will come along and help out ...will be lovely to have my memory jogged!

Then I'm only too glad to help.

I found this. Looks like the tune was "Treat Her Right".

http://users.skynet.be/bobsboots/RobertPla...eatHerRight.htm

Memory jogged? :D

Archived