It's been confiremed! Jimmy will play at Olympics!

There's a rumour going round he's in Melbourne en route to Beijing!

From Ross' diary. God I hate reading that thing! :rolleyes:

August 19

Off to Beijing, China today, with my old chum Jimmy Page. I don't have any idea what to expect - never been. All I want to do is see the Great Wall. Flying from Heathrow Terminal 5 - it'll be liberating arriving in Bejing with no bags, courtesy of British Airways...

"All I want to do is see the Great Wall". Nice, Ross. Comped for the Olympics and riding with Jimmy Page to the event as his exclusive photog. What a stellar bloke you are. Real quality there. Enjoy the money from the photos.

Ross the toss. One in a million. :beer:

Why Leonia Lewis, of all poeple why her, she really annoys me (dont ask me why it always end with an argument)

"With her album reaching number one in at least three continents and nine countries, Lewis has had one of the most successful launches of any television talent show contestant ever."

Those shows are HUGE in China. Look to the promoters. :beer:

No argument here. I've never heard her, so I can't judge. But business is business, as they say.

More likely, she's very popular there and that's what the production people suggested and Jimmy said, "Sure, that's fine. I'll do it. Yeah.". And that was it. He's been very laid back and much more open to such things in recent years. Much more approachable than in the past.

Just don't expect a "Duets" album! :lol:

"With her album reaching number one in at least three continents and nine countries, Lewis has had one of the most successful launches of any television talent show contestant ever."

No argument here. I've never heard her, so I can't judge. But business is business, as they say.

More likely, she's very popular there and that's what the production people suggested and Jimmy said, "Sure, that's fine. I'll do it. Yeah.". And that was it. He's been very laid back and much more open to such things in recent years. Much more approachable than in the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM

there ya go Ev. thats her. It will be interesting but really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM

there ya go Ev. thats her. It will be interesting but really cool.

Thanks! Not my cup o tea, but potentially better than Jimmy and P Diddy! :lol:

Obviously you'll get sides. The "No one but Robert should sing WLL" and the "Jimmy's open to modern pop" crowd.

I'll just be excited to see Jimmy and leave it at that! Let the piss and moaners piss and moan.

I'll be missing the NASCAR race for this, and I will neither be pissing nor moaning! :beer:

Oh believe me, Ev, those shows are not huge in China... Where the hell should we catch it?

And Leona is definitely not so popular in China, I really doubt how many people of my country have heard her before.

I'd say Leona is ok but I cringe everytime thinking she trying to pull off WLL.

Oh believe me, Ev, those shows are not huge in China... Where the hell should we catch it?

And Leona is definitely not so popular in China, I really doubt how many people of my country have heard her before.

I admit I could be mistaken about popularity in China, but promoters will be promoters. Ironically, my bass player is full Chinese. He's also a professional photog who has covered the Olympic gymnasts for years and travelled with them. Ukrainian team specifically. And despite his taking his mom on her lifelong dream trip to China last year, he's given the Olympics a pass this year! Go figure! :lol:

I admit I could be mistaken about popularity in China, but promoters will be promoters. Ironically, my bass player is full Chinese. He's also a professional photog who has covered the Olympic gymnasts for years and travelled with them. Ukrainian team specifically. And despite his taking his mom on her lifelong dream trip to China last year, he's given the Olympics a pass this year! Go figure! :lol:

Like you said, promoters will be promoters, always. B)

Thanks! Not my cup o tea, but potentially better than Jimmy and P Diddy! :lol:

Obviously you'll get sides. The "No one but Robert should sing WLL" and the "Jimmy's open to modern pop" crowd.

I'll just be excited to see Jimmy and leave it at that! Let the piss and moaners piss and moan.

I'll be missing the NASCAR race for this, and I will neither be pissing nor moaning! :beer:

I dont think any one will complain and no one will have a good enough reasons too. I means its Jimmy Page!

A song isnt meant to be played by a single artist and thats it. Music is open for interpretation and for others to play. You can take asong and do your own thing with it.

IMO, you're not a true fan of any band if you dont wanna see someone else play the song written by that band. I love Zeppelin, but I like to see other people play their songs, etc. And if you do complain is going to be for a dumb reason. Besides the only people that will really care are the people on this board, no offence. The audience is going to love it and eat it up.

I dont think any one will complain and no one will have a good enough reasons too. I means its Jimmy Page!

A song isnt meant to be played by a single artist and thats it. Music is open for interpretation and for others to play. You can take asong and do your own thing with it.

IMO, you're not a true fan of any band if you dont wanna see someone else play the song written by that band. I love Zeppelin, but I like to see other people play their songs, etc. And if you do complain is going to be for a dumb reason. Besides the only people that will really care are the people on this board, no offence. The audience is going to love it and eat it up.

Judgmental, much? (And that has no reference to Leona or anybody else in particular.)

Sometimes, believe it or not, other people don't play Zeppelin material well. Recognizing when this is the case is called discrimination, not being a Debby Downer, and it's usually for a very good reason. Such as, the guy can't play. Other people play their material very well.

The fact that other people don't hold the same opinion as you doesn't make their opinion necessarily dumb. Sorry.

I heard of her but I'm not into her but I'm thinking.....how do we know it will be bad until we hear it? This short duet might work better than many of us expect........... B)

I am currently watching the Olympics. And they said "...featuring legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page..."

I missed the first part, but it will happen!

TO quote many on this board NOTHING is confirmed UNTILL the band says so

Celebrating 100 posts of drivel and nonsense !!!!!!!

You're just being modest, KEVIN. :D

Are you saying you're not convinced yet, then?

TO quote many on this board NOTHING is confirmed UNTILL the band says so

just making a point.....

Saving up for something special.....

p.s. modesty is my second best feature....

Archived