What has come to this world?

LedZep1969

I was out today looking for some clothes and all i found were, "south pole" "rap" and stuff like that. i couldnt find one decent pair of jeans all of them had designs ALL over it. all i wanted one was a hoodie with a guitar on it...i just want the world to relive the 70s...

We don't need to relive the 70s. Try living in the now. And if you can't find a pair of jeans that don't have designs on them, you're clearly doing a half-assed job of looking. Because I can name several department stores/small stores where you can get jeans that are just plain ol' jeans. Same for hoodies.

Macy's

Sears

Old Navy

Gap

American Eagle

Hollister

Pac-Sun

Aeropostale

Abercrombie & Fitch

Edited by Electrophile

There's also Wal-Mart.

Having lived through the '70s, I can say that things weren't all peace & love. There was some wonderful stuff going on then... and some not-so-wonderful. The same thing applies to now. I don't want to get lost in some rose-colored nostalgia for what used to be or daydream tomorrow's sunshine to the point that I miss out on today, good and bad. Find the peace and love within yourself and nurture it... and it won't matter what decade it is.

Regarding the music of the 70s... there was some great wonderful stuff done musically... and there was some real crap too.

Good luck with your efforts at finding some jeans and a hoodie.

I was out today looking for some clothes and all i found were, "south pole" "rap" and stuff like that. i couldnt find one decent pair of jeans all of them had designs ALL over it. all i wanted one was a hoodie with a guitar on it...i just want the world to relive the 70s...

I am an original 70's guy, but as far as you are concerned, the 70's are by invitation only!

...and I would never invite anyone who calls a sweat jacket a "hoodie."

Try one of the hip hop eras to relive you poser!

:P

dazed2.jpg

I am an original 70's guy, but as far as you are concerned, the 70's are by invitation only!

...and I would never invite anyone who calls a sweat jacket a "hoodie."

Try one of the hip hop eras to relive you poser!

:P

dazed2.jpg

He'll I'm dazed and Confused! :huh::D

I was looking at the Sept "Vanity Fair" mag last weekend, and in looking at the clothing ads, it appears the designer fashion tide has turned back to the sixties; sort of a hybrid of mod and summer of love. Although the ads don't necessarily reflect what real people actually wear. :blink:

I wore nothing but JC Penney clothes in the 70's, because that's where my mom worked. Everything there was very plain - they're jeans were called "plainpockets", even. And now Robert and Allison are on board with that store - so it's cool to go there, now?

I wore nothing but JC Penney clothes in the 70's, because that's where my mom worked. Everything there was very plain - they're jeans were called "plainpockets", even. And now Robert and Allison are on board with that store - so it's cool to go there, now?

penney's always was cool...it was venture and zayre's that sucked...

oh yeah...i had to wear those venture "volleys" made of genuine pleather causing your feet to rot...couldn't wait to buy my own clothes.

We wore Toughskins from Sears back then :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o

Right when I thought I'd completely buried that memory!!!

I knew I was growing up when I was given my first pair of Levis'

B)

I never had to wear Sears Toughskins but we did drink powdered milk. :'(

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o

B)

Sorry to be the bad memory bearer :blush: I had a really nasty pair of red, white and blue plaid, bell bottomed, hip hugger Toughskins. I swear. There's a picture but I'm not posting it!

penney's always was cool...it was venture and zayre's that sucked...

oh yeah...i had to wear those venture "volleys" made of genuine pleather causing your feet to rot...couldn't wait to buy my own clothes.

Oh, Zayre's - now that's a distant memory...thank goodness!!

We shopped at S Kleins and EJ Korvettes. I always wanted PF Flyers, but always ended up with the store brand sneaker...

Sounds like you were shopping at Burlingtons....

I find plenty of clothing without reliving the 70's or being thrust into the Hip-hop era. Keep looking.

(59LesPaul @ Aug 22 2008, 02:37 PM) post_snapback.gifAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o

B)

I always got the Robucks from Sears and from Penny's those gawdawful corduroy slacks for school or as I call them spitball targets. :o

Sorry to be the bad memory bearer :blush: I had a really nasty pair of red, white and blue plaid, bell bottomed, hip hugger Toughskins. I swear. There's a picture but I'm not posting it!

I think I've seen that photo ;)B):lol: