Each band members fave a least faveorite songs...

LedZep1969

Some idiot just posted that. There's no quote from Robert saying he doesn't like it.

Robert's least favorite Zepp song is probably Stairway. Although he's tried to backtrack on that at times.

I remember reading what JPJ said his favorite was but I've forgotten. I think it was WLL or Kashmir. I'll look it up and find out for sure.

Jimmy Page never really said one favorite.

Robert has performed BIGLY on a number of gigs on his solo tours as well as many Page/Plant shows as well, especially in 1995-6. So I'm sure it isn't one of his least favorite songs. He actually opened up with it in 1993 at his show at the Theatre at MSG (now known as the Wamu Theatre).

I know he played it as late as 2007.

I agree w/Nick and the other lads who question Plant's dislike of BIGLY. He played it at the Exit Festival in Novi Said, Serbia last year. Frankly, I thought it was better than any Zep or P/P arrangement.

I've never read where Jimmy stated his favorite song. I have seen him state that "Kashmir" was in his opinion the song that best capture Zep. I have read his dislike of Living Loving Maid.

JPJ - I don't know. I bet No Quarter is probably high on his list.

Bonzo - I don't know what songs he liked to play, although I have it in an interview somewhere around here. I have heard him yell, "I hate that song" when Plant introduced OTHAFA on one of my boots.

Here's what I got on JPJ he has some of his favorite work. Trampled Underfoot, No Quarter, Black Dog and Whole Lotta Love are at the top. But he can't pick a favorite song really. I think asking any musician to pick the favorite song that he wrote is almost wrong. It's like picking their favorite kid. And you hear many of them say that in interviews.

Here's a better list (I think).

Jimmy Page - Favorite - Achilles Last Stand, Least favorite - Living Loving Maid (I think).

Robert Plant - Favorite - Kashmir, Least Favorite - Stairway To Heaven (probably)

John Paul Jones - Favorite - no specific, Least Favorite - ?

No idea about John Bonham.

I know he played it as late as 2007.

maybe he meant the original song not the one by zeppelin, zep makes everything better :D:D

EDIT: I found this on a website:

Jimmy Page got the idea to cover this after hearing Joan Beaz' Folk version. He and Plant were both fans of Baez.

____

All band members agreed this was one of their best musical achievements. Robert Plant: "One of my favorites... it was so positive, lyrically."

Archived