BONHAM LEAVING FOREIGNER!

JohnnyGuitar

MSG, I was thrown into a tizzy even before he said about leaving Foreigner when he announced he was lying butt naked on the bed :wacko::lol:

Oooh! I caught that right away. As a matter of fact I included a line about it in my initial post but then thought that I should delete it. No only lying butt naked while he's being interviewed but also talking his "early morning bedroom" voice. :lol:

Oooh! I caught that right away. As a matter of fact I included a line about it in my initial post but then thought that I should delete it. No only lying butt naked while he's being interviewed but also talking his "early morning bedroom" voice. :lol:

Ok, I won't turn this thread into a Jason love fest :lol: but I must comment on this as that's exactly what I thought. Oh to be a fly on the wall in that bedroom!! I shall be having sweet thoughts for the rest of the day, I can tell you :D

Ok, I won't turn this thread into a Jason love fest :lol: but I must comment on this as that's exactly what I thought. Oh to be a fly on the wall in that bedroom!! I shall be having sweet thoughts for the rest of the day, I can tell you :D

Oh I bet you will MissHD! I've just been reading your and MSG's posts and was cracking up!! :hysterical:

That interview was great - thanks so much for posting the link! This is such an exciting time, and I hope that great music from the three "J's" is just around the corner!!

Awesome news!!! Can't wait to see what comes out of this. No source close to the band this time. We've all heard it with our own ears this time, directly from the source. We'll see if Robert has a good heart with this and is into doing it with the other threee this time. He's on tour with Alison in the fall through early October. We'll see. I guess T-Bone suggested that he should get back together with the other three than get back with Alison after it is over. Is that something along the lines of what he said in an interview a couple months back?

That's it I've decided :D they should pack up all thier respective families and hit the road as Zep Friends & Family and Robert's son would be the most appropriate vocalist to fill in if needed to hit some of the original high notes and keep the original sound (great vocalist in his own right) he's very hot too that wouldn't hurt to keep the mutigenerational progressive theme caravan moving forward and fresh for 2009ish~ 2010(in my head of course ) and many guest appearences by noted muscians along the way.

ok waiting for dates and mind blowing tunes :whistling:

OH! MY! GOD!!!!!!

Wow, I may finally be able to see Jimmy play live! And also long overdue new music from Jimmy.

My only thing is no Robert the Golden God of rock? Ah well there are plenty of great singers out there, I nominate Chris Cornell.

This is the best news since about this time last year to be exact when the O2 show was leaked.

The Zeppelin

will rise again!

jason_bonham.jpg

Oh my...I've always loved that pic of Jason. Good choice. It was one of the first of many favourites of mine. I am loving all this Jason love at the moment, I feel his time is gonna come now. :banana:

Thank goodness I can talk about it now!!! :D

Edit to add: I can't believe I was beaten to posting this news :lol:

Miss HD, you get Honorary Kudos...being the most dedicated Jason fan on this board, I'm thrilled for you...as well as the rest of us :D

I think we already knew that he wasn't listed in the band lineup for the fall, didn't we? I know that had been commented on, anyway. And also that he'd been working with the other two? So, not totally new news, but if true, certainly a confirmation.

Agreed! B)

Yep, I remember. As Aqua said, it's nice to get confirmation.

Good to see this news posted with a source you can sink your teeth into. :thumbsup:

More interesting days ahead!

Exactly! I realize that sometimes folks can't name their sources for one reason or another, but it can be hard to have to settle for 'my credibility stands on my reputation' or however it was stated, when sometimes the information given turns out to be incorrect and/or inaccurate. A statement first-hand from the source or one of the sources is always welcome.

As for 'more interesting days ahead!'... most definitely! :thumbsup:B)

I think we already knew that he wasn't listed in the band lineup for the fall, didn't we? I know that had been commented on, anyway.

Advertisements for some of the upcoming gigs on the tour omitted Jason's name and image. Mick Jones did say earlier this year he'd certainly allow Jason to break away

from Foreigner for Led Zeppelin-related activities, and had in fact used a replacement

drummer for several dates following the 02 Arena concert to give Jason a much needed break at that time. It remains to be seen exactly what will come of this. It could simply be an opportunity for Jason to spend time with his family.

didnt even know he was in foreigner

Jason performed 'Misty Mountain Hop' during Mick Jones' All-Star Jam to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association during 12th Annual Black & Blue Ball held at Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort in Santa Barbara, CA on July 25, 2004. Soonafter, Mick

got the idea to put together a new Foreigner lineup, and Jason readily agreed.

They started touring in March 2005 and for quite awhile Jason was in two bands -

UFO and Foreigner. Eventually he left UFO as the revamped Foreigner's popularity

led to overwhelming tour commitments. He's done roughly 200+ gigs with them!

Advertisements for some of the upcoming gigs on the tour omitted Jason's name and image. Mick Jones did say earlier this year he'd certainly allow Jason to break away

from Foreigner for Led Zeppelin-related activities, and had in fact used a replacement

drummer for several dates following the 02 Arena concert to give Jason a much needed break at that time. It remains to be seen exactly what will come of this. It could simply be an opportunity for Jason to spend time with his family.

I believe it is permanent. Jason does say in the interview "my time with Foreigner is coming to an end." That's sounds quite a final statement to make, and not something you would say if you were just taking a break.

Archived