BONHAM LEAVING FOREIGNER!

JohnnyGuitar

I believe it is permanent. Jason does say in the interview "my time with Foreigner is coming to an end." That's sounds quite a final statement to make, and not something you would say if you were just taking a break.

He said that? Sounds cut and dried then. So, let's see what's around the corner! :)

Maybe someone can find some comments from Mick Jones concerning his intentions? Perhaps Jason's time with Foreigner is coming to and end because they're disbanding

or entering an extended hiatus? Thought occured to me they've played everywhere

but my backyard in the past three years. Market saturation coming into play? It's a

shame if they don't continue.

With Jason's involvement in Foreigner, I have followed them more closely than I would of done otherwise and they have been making a few appearances on American morning tv and did a session at The Key Club, CA which was broadcast simultaneously on the net. In between songs, there was a bit of Q&A going on, and Mick Jones was asked about future Foreigner plans and he said there would be a new album coming in the Spring of '09. I have also been told there is a very high probability of a European tour next year.

With Jason's involvement in Foreigner, I have followed them more closely than I would of done otherwise and they have been making a few appearances on American morning tv and did a session at The Key Club, CA which was broadcast simultaneously on the net. In between songs, there was a bit of Q&A going on, and Mick Jones was asked about future Foreigner plans and he said there would be a new album coming in the Spring of '09. I have also been told there is a very high probability of a European tour next year.

Excellent news. Seems Jason's departure is an amicable one & the band will continue.

:D

Advertisements for some of the upcoming gigs on the tour omitted Jason's name and image. Mick Jones did say earlier this year he'd certainly allow Jason to break away

from Foreigner for Led Zeppelin-related activities, and had in fact used a replacement

drummer for several dates following the 02 Arena concert to give Jason a much needed break at that time. It remains to be seen exactly what will come of this. It could simply be an opportunity for Jason to spend time with his family.

so who was doing the vocals during the jams ?

Wait, I've got an idea! B)

What if Jason sings lead vocals too? The "I Can't Quit You Baby" intro at the O2 show was pretty good. Some songs could be pretty tricky to sing and play at the same time, though ...

Advertisements for some of the upcoming gigs on the tour omitted Jason's name and image. Mick Jones did say earlier this year he'd certainly allow Jason to break away

from Foreigner for Led Zeppelin-related activities, and had in fact used a replacement

drummer for several dates following the 02 Arena concert to give Jason a much needed break at that time. It remains to be seen exactly what will come of this. It could simply be an opportunity for Jason to spend time with his family.

He is definitely quitting for good .

Lots of people knew this quite some time ago but respected the wishes of those involved to not broadcast it in public before they did.

Edit to add: I can't believe I was beaten to posting this news :lol:

yeah, about 63 pages ago! :)

http://whtq.com/blogs/rock_news/2008/08/ze...t-one-step.html

Jason, who was (obviously) born in England, now lives in Florida. He said, "I've been over [to England] a couple of times, I've been working with Jimmy

and John Paul [Jones] and trying to do just do some new material and some writing. I don't know what it will be, but it will be something."

However...Jason is not officially leaving Foreigner for this...unfortunately.

yeah, about 63 pages ago! :)

http://whtq.com/blogs/rock_news/2008/08/ze...t-one-step.html

Jason, who was (obviously) born in England, now lives in Florida. He said, "I've been over [to England] a couple of times, I've been working with Jimmy

and John Paul [Jones] and trying to do just do some new material and some writing. I don't know what it will be, but it will be something."

However...Jason is not officially leaving Foreigner for this...unfortunately.

The news I was referring to was Jason leaving Foreigner, as the thread title announces. Not about working with Jimmy & JPJ, which I presume is what your referring to with the 63 pages ago quip and what you have quoted.

I like at the end of the interview when the DJ says "I hope we're not getting you in trouble for talking about this," and Jason wearily sighs, "Well...whatever..." Sounds like he's a little tired of the "double secret probation" nature of working with Page and Jones!

I like at the end of the interview when the DJ says "I hope we're not getting you in trouble for talking about this," and Jason wearily sighs, "Well...whatever..." Sounds like he's a little tired of the "double secret probation" nature of working with Page and Jones!

Probably that and the fact that Jason is a self-confessed blab-mouth! :D

Here's the thing I don't get; apparently some people on this board had knowledge of this news ahead of time, thats cool, good for you, but why post that you knew it now? Just to rub it in to those not lucky enough to "know someone"? It comes across as "nah, nah I knew something you didn't know". Just my opinion, I don't care one way or another who knew something first and who didn't, just wondering. B)

Here's the thing I don't get; apparently some people on this board had knowledge of this news ahead of time, thats cool, good for you, but why post that you knew it now? Just to rub it in to those not lucky enough to "know someone"? It comes across as "nah, nah I knew something you didn't know". Just my opinion, I don't care one way or another who knew something first and who didn't, just wondering. B)

I hope my posts didn't come off that way. I had no factual knowledge....I just 'knew'.... That witchy thing ya know? :)

what difference either way?

The excitement of finally being able to talk about it, I would imagine.

To talk about what? The fact that he's quiting his old gig, or to talk about how it's old news to them? The first I understand, the second is the one I don't get. What's the point? I don't care, I'm just wondering, it sounded strange to me.

To talk about what? The fact that he's quiting his old gig, or to talk about how it's old news to them? The first I understand, the second is the one I don't get. What's the point? I don't care, I'm just wondering, it sounded strange to me.

To talk about the fact that Jason is quitting Foreigner, and the implications of what this means, how great it is for Jason, etc. Being able to share thoughts after keeping them bottled up.

Here's the thing I don't get; apparently some people on this board had knowledge of this news ahead of time, thats cool, good for you, but why post that you knew it now?

It does come across as rather presumptive others here didn't have a clue, but to each their own. As soon as his name and image was pulled from tour adverts it became clear

something was up.

I've known about this for some time, but respected the wishes that I not let the cat out of the bag. I for one am not gloating. Not at all. I'm just excited to be able to talk about it now. I don't think anyone else was trying to boast either, but rather reinforce that this is in fact happening.

Archived